+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Post some Screenshots!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    I've definitely seen cats casting nourish, we had the druid switch to cat during the castbar back in the first week of wrath, and yea, didn't seem to do anything.
    There's a noticeable difference between how often a cat casts nourish and how often the tree casts nourish, plus of course the evasion / defense bonuses of the various forms to consider. Once I stopped healing that fight in treeform, things were always a lot cleaner during insanity. And, you don't usually hear people complaining about bear tank copies.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    There's a noticeable difference between how often a cat casts nourish and how often the tree casts nourish, plus of course the evasion / defense bonuses of the various forms to consider. Once I stopped healing that fight in treeform, things were always a lot cleaner during insanity. And, you don't usually hear people complaining about bear tank copies.
    I assumed it was spec based (armory can definitely tell apart "resto" from "feral" and "hybrid").
    I'll admit I didn't comprehensively test it, but we all saw nourishes when the resto druid went cat before insanity.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    Wheres the best spot to farm the cloths? I have a buddy who's trying to level his tailoring and is a lock and I have his info. Maybe I'll surprise him with a few levels.

No I'm not saving them, that's the by product of making Greater Cosmics.. I have about 4500+ all together. Just can't sell it fast enough.
    atm theirs a spot in howling fjord... has a flaming forest... those valkyrie spawns really fast there, you jsut stand a bit away from the building with the named guy and you can basically turn and dot nonstop.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images5u/...109_193347.jpg

They still spawn fast, I was just lvling there a day or 2 ago... took awhile to break the cycle considering they just didn't stop spawning (you can see some standing around) I had to slowly move away from the building haha

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Got lucky and won dis. Looks nice yes?

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/6...9190330gn4.jpg

very nice. I had a pathetic roll on ours tonight

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Yeah I had a low roll as well. But I'm happy our guild got it! I plan to do the 10 man 3D this week as well.

Let me know how 10 man 3D goes. we've still only done 10 man 2D, gotta work on our setup more.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Ret pally OP? 2100 dps with S1 gear at lv71.. naahhh

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images5u/...709_165051.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

lolawsome. is that grid in the bottom right? it looks so much sexier than mine. and i had THE worst heroics group every today, the tank and healer were awful couldn't stay alive past the 1st few pulls in H AN. never even made it to the 1st boss. ._.;; was sad, i hate PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Its the only way to do it, and it is definitely the intended way. You need at least 4-5 sparks to be able to do it, you bring him down to 1% then start blowing up scions and nexus lords with your 4-5 stack.
    I'd like to point out that this patch changed it and the method no longer works, and was never intended to be the way to get the achievement. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaustx View Post
    lolawsome. is that grid in the bottom right? it looks so much sexier than mine. and i had THE worst heroics group every today, the tank and healer were awful couldn't stay alive past the 1st few pulls in H AN. never even made it to the 1st boss. ._.;; was sad, i hate PuGs.
    Yea that's grid. At least one tool like it (there are alternatives) is practically indispensable for healers in a raid.

I'd like to point out that this patch changed it and the method no longer works, and was never intended to be the way to get the achievement. ;p
    How was it broken?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

and was never intended to be the way to get the achievement. ;p
    I'm sure you can read the dev's minds. Stacking sparks like that was hardly a stretch to get an achievement done, and it wouldn't be the first time a fight was re-hashed because the way it was "intended" to be done was considered too difficult. See: Solarian, Mother Shahraz, C'thun.

How was it broken?
    Some people felt that the requirements were too difficult, there was a decent advantage to be gained by bringing three death knights and 2 or more druids. The strat involved stacking ~4 sparks give or take one and burning him down when he takes off at 50% and hovers over the platform for about 10 seconds. 4 sparks increased damage by (1.5)^4 * 100 %. He would drop from 50% to 1% during those 10 seconds then you'd proceed to smash all the scions and nexus lords with that buff.

His fight mechanics were significantly changed to accomodate this new intended way of doing him. He now takes off at 40% instead of 50%, and power sparks now despawn after a set amount of time such that you can stack at most two or three. The timer for this achievement has also been increased by one minute.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So it wasn't 'broken', just too difficult and/or required a very specific raid setup.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    So it wasn't 'broken', just too difficult and/or required a very specific raid setup.
    More the second point than the first. Same motivation behind the Exhaustion debuff post-Sunwell lunacy.

The timer is actually harder now, and I don't think 2+ druids and 2+ DKs was really that specific of a raid setup (Razuvious requiring 2+ priests is the same...). The fight wasn't "rehashed" because it was too hard (neither was original Solarian, BTW, it was rehashed because it was too easy). As for my "mind reading"...in general, when there is an entire phase to a fight that is skipped, it is not hard to tell it wasn't intended. That is how WoW encounters generally work.

Also, as far as doing the fight in a "normal" way, without stacking sparks, the timer was not really increased by a full minute. In the past, you could target Malygos during the phase2->3 transition, both on the ground for a few seconds, and then while mounted on the drake for ~30 seconds as he does his speech. Before, the only thing was he couldn't die during his speech, now you actually lose out on DPS time (this is also to fix the "I couldn't use my shield" problem that people had). They wanted you to have 5minutes worth of casting, and rather than put the timer at 5minutes and 43 seconds or whatever in the achievement, they put it at 6minutes.

So yea, sorry, 2 big changes went into the fight, 1 was their fix for the shields not working, 1 was their fix for 5minute Malygos not being done as intended. The change to 6minutes was to make the fight still possible, instead of a 4min20sec requirement.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Thought they added MC orbs now so you didn't *have* to have priests?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Thought they added MC orbs now so you didn't *have* to have priests?
    For 10man they added orbs, 25man you still need two priests.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh, well alright then, don't mind me

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

The fight wasn't "rehashed" because it was too hard (neither was original Solarian, BTW, it was rehashed because it was too easy).
    They made it easier because it was too easy? Impeccable logic.

As for my "mind reading"...in general, when there is an entire phase to a fight that is skipped, it is not hard to tell it wasn't intended. That is how WoW encounters generally work.
    Gotta Go is/was the exact same premise. Skip two underground phases, win yourself an achievement. Deemed to be too hard, though it would have certainly been made easier with better raid gear, so it was changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast