Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

67 cooking, wanting to go to 100

Haven't done any cooking in almost 2 years now. Any tips on what to cook and profit or not lose too much money and which way to face for best skill ups?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll get back to you on this. I wrote a guide a long time ago. I have to dig through my files and find it. Working on a project now (procrastinating) otherwise I'd find it.

One warning, cooking GP is evil.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    I'll get back to you on this. I wrote a guide a long time ago. I have to dig through my files and find it. Working on a project now (procrastinating) otherwise I'd find it.
    Would be much appriciated, ty

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis G View Post
    One warning, cooking GP is evil.
    If evil is boring, long, annoying, painful, nauseous, and makes people puke over their keyboard once a day at JP-midnight, than yes, cooking GP is evil.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do GP and get Raw Fish Handling, then you can do Bream Sushi till 72.

iirc I personally did San D'orian tea to 70 (cheap as heck to make but you end up NPCing all of that crap), then Navarin till 77 (back when I skilled up this was one of the top NIN foods for XP parties but it was pre-colibris and having 3-hr foods was a good thing and sushi didn't exist). With Navarin, you can buy all mats except wild onions for really cheap from NPCs and wild onions are easy to farm in Horutoto. I also did a bunch of Shallops Tropicales 77-80 because I had lots of Shall Shells handy from SSG sahagin farming and fishing, but most of 77-81 came from Pamama Au laits which sell slow but at least for me made a slight profit.

If you have RFH you can do Sole Sushi to 84 as well, I did Marron Glaces to 86, again, sell slow but you get your money back. If you have a few mules to spare you can also make Coeurl Sautees to 88 and save for later for making subs. Then Persikos au lait to 91 but I gardened a vast majority of the persikoses used myself so ended up making a profit.

Coeurl subs to 93, pain in the butt kinda recipe with multiple steps and lots of various mats but they sell fast and make a profit. Rice Dumplings to 95, Sweet Rice cakes to 99, both decent sellers. Then the last level is pretty much up to you and the time you want to spend, most seem to do just cursed soup but you do end up spending a few days farming Royal Jellies in Crawler's Nest which all things considered isn't that bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I spent a couple of weeks camping the AH for Dragon Meat, got up to two stacks by the time I hit cooking 99 and they took me to 99.7. Then I spent many painful hours farming Royal Jelly. From Wespes in Crawler's Nest [S] because I'm just that masochistic, apparently. Otherwiki made it sound like they had a high drop rate, but it turns out to be no better than the much easier bees in Crawler's Nest (present).