The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL week 15 - The week of the wildcard

Huge huge huge implications for the NFC wildcard this week. New Orleans @ Chicago, 2 potential wild card teams. Tampa @ Atlanta, 2 potential wildcard teams. New York Giants @ Dallas. This week will undoubtedly shake the landscape of the NFC playoffs, and maybe provide us with a clearer picture going into the final 2 weeks, then again, it could end up just as screwed up as ever. TO THE PICK-MOBILE!

New Orleans at Chicago - A rematch of the NFC championship from a couple years back. Nawlins is a pass first, pass second team. This is actually a very interesting matchup, as Chicago's defense is just NASTY...against the run. They are 28th in the league against the pass. Weather prediction for Sunday...cold and rainy. I really don't think it matters....Brees is going to eat up a secondary that is that damn aweful.

Tampa Bay
    at Atlanta - A tough matchup for Atlanta who's played pretty well at home this year. It doesn't help their case that Tampa is coming off a devastating loss. Tampa's defense is good against the pass, but less than average against the run (as illustrated on Monday night). They go in allowing and average of 182 rushing ypg. I think Tampa redeems itself from a devastating loss and bucks up the run defense (to my chagrin as a a Turner fantasy owner) and pulls this game out.

Washington at Cincinnati - Washington is still, statistically, in the wildcard race. I don't think they stand much of a chance of actually getting in, but they'll play well against a crappy Cinci team anyway. 3/3 on the road teams, not looking good thus far for my picks.

Detroit at Indianapolis - Indi has won 6 in a row. Detroit has lost 13 in a row. 2+2=Colts domination.

San Diego
    at Kansas City - A couple of friends of mine are making the 6-7 hour trip out to arrowhead to watch this game. Huge Chargers fan, his wife got him tickets for his birthday. Arrowhead has crazy ass fans, he'll probably die and never make it back. KCs pass defense is just aweful, so I'll wish him all the best on the way out after dealing with pissed off Chiefs fans who just got blown out by the Bolts.

Green Bay at Jacksonville - I'm always curious if people actually read what I type. I really think I type most of this shit out for nothing, as it's incredibly long and noone really cares what I have to say.

Seattle at St. Louis - Wut? I better not get this fucking game.

San Francisco at Miami - Is it still a homer pick if I actually believe Miami wins? It's a 10am game for the niners. They've been playing well, but Miami is on a god damned mission, and god dammit, the last game of the season is going to be filled with awesome and awesome. Pennington back in New York to shit on all those sorry ass fucking jets fans who fucking Boo'd him when he hobbled off the field to save the team an injury timeout. Fuck you Jets fans, I can't wait for Pennington to throw for 300 yards on your sorry asses and knock you out of the playoffs and watch him skate his happy ass in. Yes, fuck you Jets fans. That was really irrelevant wasn't it? Sorry, I had to vent.

Buffalo at NY Jets - Man I love the jets, please finish it out so I can have an epic emotionally-charged last game of the season.

Tennessee at Houston - Houston has been sneaking around playing good football. I actually think this could setup to be a potential upset. I called the Giants loss last week and almost got the Detroit game right. I'll take Houston here beings the Titans have the division and as close to home field as you can get.

Minnesota at Arizona - Lacklust pass defense vs one of the most prolific home offenses spells disaster for the division leader. I'll take Arizona in a substantial route.

Denver at Carolina - God bless you Charger fans, you need this. Merry christmas, Carolina wins.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - What was the score the first time they played, I forgot? Like 9 to 6 or something? I'm probably way off. Anyway, I think Pitt will take this one from Baltimore. That defense...god that defense. So good, oh so good.

New England at Oakland - Cassel needs to play well. His team has had a couple of subpar weeks, but they bounced back late last week. As long as Bellichick has a chance at a playoff spot, they'll never mail it in...Patriots in this one.

NY Giants at Dallas - Dallas is a disaster. Rumors of Romo not trusting T.O., Jones calling Marion-fucking-Barbarian soft. Seriously Jerry, not even Parcells would go there. Ginats have lost about 36 pro-bowlers and HoFers and keep on ticking. Coughlin may deserve coach of the year. Oh, Dallas wins this btw.

Cleveland at Philadelphia - So Cleveland has played the NFC East really tight this year, beating the Giants. That was pretty amazing. I see no reason why this would be any different, but I just feel like Philly is on the cusp of doing something special and stealing a wildcard spot. I'm probably nuts.

Um, the browns won't stand a chance, they're on their third string QB...

While I agree that Houston has been playing great ball I still don't think that they will beat the Titans. Reason being is that we are still playing for the number one seed overall and with Pittsburgh playing the way they are we either have to hope they lose one more and we win two out of three or that we beat them head to head.

Titan's D Line hasn't really done anything in the last couple of weeks, I could be wrong but from what I have seen, so I expect them to pull something out this game and get a good number of sacks while our secondary plays tough with Johnson and Walter. The only part that worries me is the explosiveness of Slaton.

I am not sure though with the Pitt/Steelers game seeing how Flacco has been playing well. Going against that defense they will need strong steady play from both of their RBs, which I don't see coming. I also see Rothels getting eaten alive so I assume it will be a lower scoring game than their previous, 20-23 OT. Somewhere in the park of 10-14ish...

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I saw the word "Cincinnati" and laughed my ass off

Wow... I am still laughing, and I have no idea why.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

payton will run the ball, the media and fans gave him so much shit its unreal for being too pass happy. Some fans even harrassed him in a local grocery store about being too pass happy and losing games.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Why run the ball when you have Drew Brees going up against a weak weak pass defense, especially against one of the better run defenses in the league? If you listen to fans, you end up sitting with the fans.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This is my first week for picks, hopefully I won't screw it up too much...

New Orleans @ Chicago
    Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
    Washington @ Cincinnati
    Detroit @ Indianapolis
    San Diego @ Kansas City
    Green Bay @ Jacksonville
    Seattle @ St. Louis
    San Francisco @ Miami
    Buffalo @ NY Jets
    Tennessee @ Houston
    Minnesota @ Arizona
    Denver @ Carolina
    Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
    New England @ Oakland
    NY Giants @ Dallas
    Cleveland @ Philadelphia

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

New Orleans at Chicago
    Tampa Bay at Atlanta - Tampa Bay rebounds, but Atlanta keeps it close.
    Washington at Cincinnati
    Detroit at Indianapolis
    San Diego at Kansas City
    Green Bay at Jacksonville
    Seattle at St. Louis - No one will win. It'll end in a tie.
    San Francisco at Miami
    Buffalo at NY Jets
    Tennessee at Houston
    Minnesota at Arizona
    Denver at Carolina
    Pittsburgh at Baltimore
    New England at Oakland
    NY Giants at Dallas
    Cleveland at Philadelphia

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It's proven, noone reads what I type

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I like picking upsets and my upset of the week is going to be cleavland over philly and I wanna see tampa beat the falcons for obvious reasons.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I read what you type, but I don't feel like adding my own wall of texts here to this thread. D: I do that enough after game discussions/college football thread.

Also, Tampa Bay over Atlanta isn't a *real* upset I'd think, but I guess it is if Atlanta is favored. That and the NFC South has lost two home games. I think it'll be three after this week though.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I read the miami thing then the jets and lol'd

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I just typed some meaningless shit beside a meaningless game to see if I got a reaction, I didn't, so I assumed noone read it.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i dont read what you type! i just wait for someone to mention something i agree / disagree with. i do however appreciate you starting the threads every week

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, I read the stuff about GB/Jax, rofl.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I came here to specifically read about GB/Jax, and you didn't write about it!

Then I wept. now that ya'll bitches are picking against GB we're going to start winning watch

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I see you have some pent up aggression towards the douche bag jets

Relic Shield
    BG Level

New Orleans @ Chicago
    Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
    Washington @ Cincinnati
    Detroit @ Indianapolis
    San Diego @ Kansas City
    Green Bay @ Jacksonville
    Seattle @ St. Louis
    San Francisco @ Miami
    Buffalo @ NY Jets
    Tennessee @ Houston
    Minnesota @ Arizona
    Denver @ Carolina
    Pittsburgh @ Baltimore
    New England @ Oakland
    NY Giants @ Dallas
    Cleveland @ Philadelphia

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I don't really mind the jets, I just hate their stupid fans.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Didn't see this on ESPN and it's about 9 hours old, but here ya go...

Breaking News: Sources close to Adam Jones have informed Fanball.com's Ryan Houston that the turbulent CB / KR / PR suffered a neck injury and will miss the rest of the season. What started out as a promising "fresh start" ends with more controversy and an injury. It'll be interesting to see if Jerry Jones allows Adam Jones to come back in 2009. Regardless, neck injuries are always serious concerns and we should know more as test results are released later today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast