Closed Thread
Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nice Pussy Callisto, now you can tell everyone that "I saw it", should have named her "Kyla Orton"

I used to have a Alligator snapping turtle for about 4 years, then we moved. When I got him he was the size of a half dollar maybe and has grown to the size of a CD in that time. He kicked so much ass.

Before him I had 2 turtles named NATO and Warsaw (After the Warsaw pact). Dont ask.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Man... I'm responding to all of these but I just can't help it. These are some awesome pics. Llama! And the eye popping thing... I seem to have a story for all of these, but we used to have a little shrimpy dog (I can't remember what he was) with really buggy eyes... One day I opened the front door and there he was, standing in front of me with his left eyeball literally popped out of his head just hanging there with him licking it. I seriously nearly barfed right then and there.

Suprisingly enough they saved the eye, but it happened again a year later... Goddamn that dog. Blech!

Dogs that sleep on their backs are funny! They only seem to do it on couches and beds it seems like though.

Edit: Grievear's dog looks almost exactly the same as a dog my old boss had. Man, I can't remember her name... but she was a really nice dog.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    I love welsh corgis and am planning to get one later myself. I am curious, how much does it cost to feed so many pets?
    welsh corgis are actually very cheap to feed. Louis the male gets 1 cup of dry dog food per day. and molly gets 2 cups per day. (of course with a small amount of treats here and there) I originally thought it was mean to only feed them so little food per day. But if you go over that they start gaining weight like crazy, despite how energetic they are.

llama/goats+sheep are pretty expensive to feed, They eat about 1 bail of hay per day (morning) and at night they get the little pellet stuff that you get at petting zoo's plus some other stuff. 1 bail of hay is about 4 dollars, so about 120$ per month just on the hay. and since you can't really grow hay in the winter you have to buy in bulk before snow fall to hopefully feed them for that whole time.

cats are pretty expensive too, 4 of them are fatasses that don't get any exercise and just eat all day.

On the note about Popeye, we had to rub this antiseptic stuff to get the infection to go down in his eye so it would slide back in on its own. It wasn't popped out so much that it was hanging, but it looked like it was ready to fall out, it was very disgusting looking, but now he just has a white spot on that eye, we just assume he's blind because you can sneak up from his right and he won't really notice you. The next thing I need to do is get a picture of him eating some Spinach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    The next thing I need to do is get a picture of him eating some Spinach.
    My dog is a little garbage disposal. She'll eat anything. Broccoli, lemons, raw onions. I've even seen her eating love-bugs. Anyone who lives in a state with love-bugs know that not even birds eat them.

For Quixon, the big problem I have is more the cost as you mentioned and the thought that if the power went out for any period of time you've basically got a couple thousand dollar swamp filled with dead marine wildlife on your hands... Do you have a backup generator of some sort or just hoping for the best in that regard?
    The 2 circulation pumps I have in the tank now come with a battery back up. They will keep the circulation for up to 36 hours I think. I do have a gas generator that will power the entire fish tank and my refrigerator should it be a long outtage, here in NY we don't have much power troubles though.

The pumps are expensive as shit though man. I paid $999 for 2 of them and 1 battery back up. Here's a link to em:

http://www.marinedepot.comps_ViewIte...s~vendor~.html

You can do much cheaper pumps and rig them up to regular old battery back up for a computer, but you won't have near as much time on the back up. You definitely need to supplement circulation if you're keeping coral and the power goes out for longer than 8 hours though.

I know a few guys who have run the pumps and heaters off their car battery in an emergency lol. They used a power inverter I think.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grievear View Post
    My dog is a little garbage disposal. She'll eat anything. Broccoli, lemons, raw onions. I've even seen her eating love-bugs. Anyone who lives in a state with love-bugs know that not even birds eat them.
    Your dog's poo must peel the paint from the walls and wilt all wildlife around it...

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Your dog's poo must peel the paint from the walls and wilt all wildlife around it...
    It's not the poops that are dangerous. It's the farts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    The 2 circulation pumps I have in the tank now come with a battery back up. They will keep the circulation for up to 36 hours I think. I do have a gas generator that will power the entire fish tank and my refrigerator should it be a long outtage, here in NY we don't have much power troubles though.

The pumps are expensive as shit though man. I paid $999 for 2 of them and 1 battery back up. Here's a link to em:

http://www.marinedepot.comps_ViewIte...s~vendor~.html

You can do much cheaper pumps and rig them up to regular old battery back up for a computer, but you won't have near as much time on the back up. You definitely need to supplement circulation if you're keeping coral and the power goes out for longer than 8 hours though.

I know a few guys who have run the pumps and heaters off their car battery in an emergency lol. They used a power inverter I think.
    Welp, if I ever get rich I know what to do now! But it definitely sounds like too much for me at this point in my life, heh. I'm sure the payoff is great though. I'd love to be able to set up a chair next to that aquarium and just read or meditate for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievear View Post
    It's not the poops that are dangerous. It's the farts.
    I fear... I seriously do.

roly poly
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fat Jack is fat.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Oh my god... That is like the most awesomest rat ever. It looks like it's feet could barely touch the ground.

Welp, if I ever get rich I know what to do now! But it definitely sounds like too much for me at this point in my life, heh. I'm sure the payoff is great though. I'd love to be able to set up a chair next to that aquarium and just read or meditate for awhile.
    Yeah man tell me about it. I've had this specific tank set up for 1 year come March, and I'm already ready for a bigger one. I had a 30 Gallon set up prior to the current tank. This one is a 90 Gallons and 4 FT Long. I want a 180 Gallon or 220 Gallon, both of those are 6FT long. I kind of shutter when I look back at how much this hobby has costed me. I figured it out on paper once and proceeded to throw the little spreadsheet I made in the fire place lol.

Luckily most of my equipment I bought over-sized so I won't need a lot of new equipment.

In other news:

That rat is friggin' awesome.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cow_k...my pet would like to have yours over for dinner.

Agamemnon...he's a ball python, semi-large for a male...about 4 1/2 feet right now and still seems to be growing.

Johann Sebastian Bark, our youngest Basset Hound and my own dog.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gel/sebby3.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gel/sebby2.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gel/sebby1.png

Dweezil, my parent's Basset.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...el/dweezil.png
    He was actually my sister's dog before we got him. Her boyfriend at the time abused him as a pup, ran him under scalding water, put him in the top of closets so he'd fall, and basically beat the crap out of him. He now suffers from seizures due to his previous abuse.

Oscar and Oliver. About four month's ago my father was mowing the lawn and came inches from running over one of them. He stopped quick enough to rescue the kitten and found another one a few feet away. These are of the day we found them, they're much larger now. x__x
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...swithKalib.jpg

Peaches and Cream, was my grandmother's bird until she passed away. She's about 15 years old now.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...angel/bird.png

Chester, who was previously given to a neighbor's son. They decided they didn't want her and just tossed her outside and threw her cage to the curb for trash. She came to me outside so we took her cage and decided to keep her. Previously thought to be a boy, thus the name Chester, but when we realized she was a girl we started calling her Chichi.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../mahbunneh.png

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...bie/Floor1.jpg

I know I showed this pic here before but here he is again, my rabbit Dexter was the last pet I had, but he died back in 2004 :\

I miss the little bunny, he was awesome beyond beleif

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My girlfriend's two rabbits, Thunder Hop and Thor Rorschach.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thunder and Thor? I'm seeing a theme here

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast