Closed Thread
Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Moon Guard

This is Charlie. He is skilled at looking like a complete doofus 98% of the time:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...arliewalk1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...arliewalk2.jpg

And he's spoiled rotten...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...arlieribs2.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Celestial Cosmos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Whisperwind

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...e/IMG_0094.jpg

My Misty died a month ago today, it's still very hard day to day and I am very sorry for your loss Serif. If you need anyone to rant too feel free to send me a message.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

lol Damn that's an awesome looking dog.

hello kitty skeet skeet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

very pretty akita i had 2 growing up would love another but they on the bad puppy list for renting ; ; ( they arnt bad dogs btw)

I envy those of you with dogs. I wish I had the time and space to have one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Such an awesome dog Dantrag. How much does he weigh now and what's his expected adult weight?

He's 9 1/2 months and some where in the range of 80-90lbs, we have no idea his expected weight because of how much he weighs as is, hoping no more than 100ish though <_>;

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

He doesn't look like a table-top yet, so it seems he's within a healthy range, but that seems massive for a puppy under 1 year lol

He's a few lbs overweight but not by much. He's heavier than a lot of the other labs we've seen. We'll probably go into petsmart later and toss him on the scale again, I'm guessing upper 80's as i'm really having trouble picking him up now.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

For my own lab that's coming up on 4 years old, he's a bit overweight at 83lbs. His ideal looks to be slightly over 75, but I think he as a little Chow in him so I'm not sure if that's any sort of guideline for a pure labra.

It different per lab, it's really hard to tell until they're grown, he still has a TON of lose skin on him too <_>;

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Moon Guard

There are actually two different types of labs, bred for two separate reasons:
    1. "Show" labs that represent the breed standard
    and
    2. "Field" labs that are bred for sport conditions

The "show" variety have shorter legs, shorter muzzles, thicker coats and generally look more heavy set. The "field" variety are usually much taller, with slim bodies, longer snouts and thinner coats.

Your pup looks like he comes from "show" characterized lines, so he probably will be pretty thick throughout his life.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Yeah you're right. I have to laugh because I got my dog as he was on his way to the Humane Society and he was about 9 months at the time and weighed in @55 lbs for his initial visit, pretty crazy how much they can vary lol I'm looking at his old pictures and he doesn't seem unhealthy by any means, just this awkward teenage nerd stage.

My old lab was an American(field) lab and he was just like you said, taller and skinnier. At least he looked like that, he was over 100lbs until we put him on a diet lol. Croix is defiantly a English(show) breed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I just got a new dog from the shelter this morning He's a westie mix, about the size of a corgi, and absolutely ADORABLE!! He was exposed to parvo but the vet said he definitely didn't have it. I'm going to wait a few weeks before taking him out to dog parks or the beach, but I really really like him. He came with the name Bentley and I kind of like it...he's just the cutest.

Anyone with shelter dog experience have any advice?

Don't take him to any dog parks until he's fully vaccinated. Treat him like any other dog.

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Moon Guard

Lbelle, if he's up to date on the parvo vaccine (often bunched in the Distemper combo, DHLPP or DHPP), you don't have to worry about exposure with other dogs. However, if he was exposed prior to vaccinations, know that parvo can take up to two weeks before symptoms appear, and as soon as they appear, action needs to be taken. Parvo is the death sentence in the puppy world, not many survive.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

He's not a puppy he's four And it has been almost 3 weeks since his exposure and he's shown no symptoms so the vet said if he didn't already have an immunity to it then let's wait one week and then he'll be sure he doesn't have it then. As for shots, getting the third and final round on the first tuesday in September, and getting him neutered this Tuesday.

Even though he's 4 would you guys recommend obedience training? He kind of knows "sit" and "come here" but my last dog was really antisocial so I want to make sure this one is fun and playful instead of shy and scared.

edit: Here's a pic of him

http://www.datazap.net/sites/Lbelle/CIMG0040.jpg