Closed Thread
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That, sir, is an impressive fish tank. I always wanted something similar, but it seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to maintain.

As for the last dog pictures, I love love love beagles, wiener dogs and labs! I usually hate pit bulls because of how unstable they can be, but man if that one doesn't look awfully snuggly in that picture...

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    That, sir, is an impressive fish tank. I always wanted something similar, but it seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to maintain.

As for the last dog pictures, I love love love beagles, wiener dogs and labs! I usually hate pit bulls because of how unstable they can be, but man if that one doesn't look awfully snuggly in that picture...
    I'm incredibly biased but, I am serious believer in it's the owner and not the breed. I personally have never met a pit that was raised right in a good home that was unstable or had any issues at all.

I got Jada from a roommate who had two pits that mated. House full of pits and not one incident for the two years I lived there. And this was up in Rhode Island where there are several pit bull fighting rings and even one town where they're illegal. A pretty bad environment for pits and all the Portuguese and Italians that owned pits and tried to act cocky all had sweethearts for dogs ( that weren't breeding them to fight ).

It's not to hard on the maintenance. And if your "handy" you can even do waterchanges in like 2 minutes. Basically plumb the tank to a drain, and have pre-made salt water pumped into the tank from a holding tank (my holding tank is in the basement).

The big thing is the expense. Reef Tanks aren't cheap. If you do a salt tank with just fish it helps a little.

The rock alone is typically $9-12/LB + Overnight Shipping, and you need around 1LB/Gallon. The rock is literally pulled out of the ocean, or vats at a distributor and shipped directly to your house. If you live in California you find shit a lot easier than someone on the east coast like myself.

90%of the salt water fish and live stock are imported to California first, so prices tend to be cheaper there.

There's way to make your own rock, but it takes a couple months for it to cure since it's made with portland cement.

That pit bull is pretty sweet looking. Is that how bulky they get, or is she a fatty?? Fat animals always make me smile lol.

I want one of those Miniature Horses Rob&Big have lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

For the pit bull thing, I'll admit that most of the people who I've met who own them are usually assholes looking to have the 'tough guy' dog but don't actually give two shits about the animal they're taking care of.

For Quixon, the big problem I have is more the cost as you mentioned and the thought that if the power went out for any period of time you've basically got a couple thousand dollar swamp filled with dead marine wildlife on your hands... Do you have a backup generator of some sort or just hoping for the best in that regard?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    That pit bull is pretty sweet looking. Is that how bulky they get, or is she a fatty?? Fat animals always make me smile lol.

She looks a little older (Pit Bull) but I obviously don't know for sure.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post

She's not a fatty

lol a friend of mine always gives me shit saying that Jada is a fatty also. I don't feel like she's overweight, pits just have big heads and very broad chests so they almost always look bigger than their actual weight.

Mine thinks she's a lapdog, she'll try to curl up on your lap like the little one can.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...82508_5431.jpg

Reagan!

Just got her two days ago and she's one of the smartest dogs I believe I've ever met. Knows all kinds of fun tricks and loves to play.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...82516_7768.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Mrs. Martini M. Kittypants
    A fancy name for a fancy looking cat. Though I'm not sure how people can stand long haired animals in the house. Fur everywhere!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    She looks a little older (Pit Bull) but I obviously don't know for sure.
    Yeah, she's about 7 years old now. So middle aged I believe.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea View Post
    Reagan!

Just got her two days ago and she's one of the smartest dogs I believe I've ever met. Knows all kinds of fun tricks and loves to play.
    What kind of dog is she? Another pit bull? She looks so lumpy haha~

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

She's a Chesapeake Bay retriever.

Funny thing is, she's kinda over protective, we got her from a rescue and she's full AKC, but apparently she's got a bit of tendency to kinda growl a bit at new people.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lol my black lab, Bear (He used to stand on his hind legs a lot >.>), was one of the nicest dogs ever (I'd post a picture if I could find one) but every time a new person would show up, he'd scamper away like a coward, but the minute they'd turn around he'd come up and nip at the back of peoples heels.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Okay so there's are both old-ish photos when my girlfriend's cat was just a kitten. He's about 6 or 7 months old now but we don't seem to have any recent photos. Regardless, he's still as cute and sweet as he was in these photos, though sans balls now.

Toast (yes, that's what we called him)
    http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...81292_6086.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...81293_5713.jpg

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You must eat a lot of burnt toast.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Haha, nah we just wanted him to have a unique name. Though we both laughed when the vet's office called out "...Toast...St. Clair, the veterinarian will see you now"

And for the record, I kind of wanted to call him Tacgnol but not only is it hard to pronounce it's a bit esoteric. (But still awesome)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OK, I've got a lot of animals.

Lets see here

First is Molly
    Molly Lefty Louis
    Popeye
    Louis
    Ernie
    Ruby
    Zip
    Dixie
    Bert
    Maggie (deceased)

That's all of the domesticated animals. Molly and Louis are both Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. Bert and Ernie are brothers, as their respective names suggest. Popeye and Lefty are brothers, popeye is named for the eye that was litterally out of the socket when we found the two of them on the side of the road. (Missing one picture of another cat but I don't actually have any of her otherwise i got at least one pic of each up)

and at the end is Wafford and Clyde. Wafford is the Llama that protects all of our goats and sheep. and Clyde is the most friendly goat. (about 14 goats/sheep in total )

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

This is my cocker spaniel, he is about 5 now with the mind and body of a 1 year old.

Picture 1 is how he sleeps, he weighs 23 lbs and spreads out across my whole bed and gives no remorse on room. Next is him being him. I don't know how to spoiler the sleeping one, but ill learn maybe by my 1k post.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    OK, I've got a lot of animals.

Lets see here

First is Molly
    Molly Lefty Louis
    Popeye
    Louis
    Ernie
    Ruby
    Zip
    Dixie
    Bert
    Maggie (deceased)

That's all of the domesticated animals. Molly and Louis are both Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. Bert and Ernie are brothers, as their respective names suggest. Popeye and Lefty are brothers, popeye is named for the eye that was litterally out of the socket when we found the two of them on the side of the road.

and at the end is a Wafford and Clyde. Wafford is the Llama that protects all of our goats and sheep. and Clyde is the most friendly goat. (about 14 goats/sheep in total )
    I love welsh corgis and am planning to get one later myself. I am curious, how much does it cost to feed so many pets?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast