Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It might be too much work but they're getting paid to do work I really want any solution to fix the congested dynamis issue. It's very stupid of SE to release a bundle of new content there and not give alternatives to icelands. Tavnazia I don't consider a serious alternative until monsters in there drop fragments/attestations.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    It might be too much work but they're getting paid to do work I really want any solution to fix the congested dynamis issue. It's very stupid of SE to release a bundle of new content there and not give alternatives to icelands. Tavnazia I don't consider a serious alternative until monsters in there drop fragments/attestations.
    True enough, but I would rather see new contents with better gear than a dyna fix....assuming they can't hire 1 or 2 more programmer. >_>

And they seriously need to make Tavnazia worthwhile. I don't see why a 12 men group should get less AF in Tav than they do in Xarc.

Banned.

BG Level

I always liked that idea, though I never imagined more than a second copy being added.

Not that asking such a suggestion in an interview would get us anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    agreed, but I would think that usukane would be better suited dnc and more logically since it needs good melee set if u ask me, much like pup did before usukane, since almost all of skadi offers nothing to dnc, plus SE would would consider skadi game breaking on dnc I mean choco jig + skadi feet would be +37% movement speed anywhere all the time.
    I think DNC with homam gear would be nice.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God I hope they ask/actually answer wafik's questions.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It would be best if they added a lobby area for Dynamis like with Limbus. It would be easier to instance the zone and people might not lose currency or AF at the end of the run that way. (insert blah blah last person inside Dynamis/relogging character gets all the crap, etc).

Why can't they just do that?

Banned.

BG Level

Even if they could, asking it won't get them any more likely to do it. They are already considering these things and if they never bother with any sort of upgrade its because they decided it isn't worth it.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Question 1 has heart(although being useless in terms of metagame value...), but it basically asking for a nerf( and that =suggestion). That makes you an evil man If we want to know why things are the way they are something like this should be asked: "Was it intentional for Black Mages to use Lightning and Ice magic most of the time, ignoring other factors like elemental weakness or weather/day?
    I think it's something that needs to be asked, though. Even if it has to be worded differently. It's one of those things that seriously bother me about playing a DD mage job. You have a wide variety of spells, but you're regulated to one or two series because they're the highest damage available for their tier. And considering they try to jam elemental day/weather/weakness down your throat (obis, BLM AF2 legs, tutorials on elemental wheel, elemental Ninjutsu, etc.), you don't see people use Stone on Khimaira (assuming they're not stun bitch in the first place). Water on Tiamat? Nope, all aboard the Thunder train.

SE needs to be asked why create an interesting system when not all damage spell series are created equal.

Banned.

BG Level

Can not the same be said for Weapon Skills? Anyway, I believe I covered the point in the revised question. Once revised I see it as a good question.

Going to edit one of my questions in light of recent discoveries.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Maybe a book, wherein on the last week of a month, you can sign up for time slots inside a dyanims for the coming month? Would coinside (dunno how to spell that), with the calendars most of us use. They already have a similar system for that party room in whitegate you sign up for. Sign up for x time, that person gets a password and your group can enter the area only by using your password.

New Odin
    BG Level

Question 1
    Salvage has been out for quite some time. What changes can be made to make salvage more rewarding? We have a 50/50 chance in Bhaflau Remnants to see "Mad Bomber" up. Yet you defeat it and get the rampart that spawn Gate Widow to 0% and never see an NM? What are the chances of upping the rate of NM's from Ramparts as well as the drops from ALL salvage?
    At fanfest they said they'll up drop rate in bhaflau and silver sea remnants at later date, possibly in march. No need to ask them again, although we'd most likely get a (positive) answer!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you plan to make an option at Sanraku where he will give you your Tier 4 ZNM item back in exchange for the Seal Key item?
    Why not changing the requirement for Mythic into Pandemonium key?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Riki View Post
    Why not changing the requirement for Mythic into Pandemonium key?
    Good idea there

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Good idea there
    I third this motion.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    really?, I can't recall ever see such a question answered, any idea where that was SE said had reason to deny them?
    I remember, they said that SCH and DNC were not put on many things like Abjurations/Nashira/Homam because we already complain so much. We're still stuck in King Camps and old content because the game is so old and everyone has multiple jobs, so it never ends for Linkshells because suddenly their BLM group wants ridills for soloing or whatever. It's an absurd excuse and I see people use the reverse argument, "If I'm already stuck doing this content, let me use that gear." Why they are not on Salvage gear is beyond me and everyone else though. I always thought it was for these 2 reasons

1) SCH and DNC were designed to primarily be sub jobs... they have said it a bajillion times now. A part of me hopes it stays that way because whm already has enough trouble without having to deal with scholars but unfortunately now people leveled it to 75 and SE will have to tailor to the people that spent their time doing that.
    2)Taking reason #1 into consideration, they wanted to see just where the jobs were taken by the player base and see what style becomes more popular, for instance, does scholar become more popular as a healer or nuker? then SE maybe will think about putting it on Marduk or Morrigan's. Putting it on both would just be overpowered and ridiculous. That would be like telling us to abandon BLM and WHM. Maybe people end up playing DNC like a tank? maybe a DD? They will see and maybe put them on later.

If I remember correctly BLU was not added to Homam and Nashira the moment the job was released, I remember them saying "COR has been added to such and such equipment" too. I could be crazy though.

Last thought: Maybe SCH is not on Salvage gear 'because' they didn't want to corner the rounded job into being a healer or nuker, since putting it on Marduk AND Morrigan's would just be absurd. Either way, waste of a question I think.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Asami View Post
    then SE maybe will think about putting it on Marduk or Morrigan's. Putting it on both would just be overpowered and ridiculous. That would be like telling us to abandon BLM and WHM. Maybe people end up playing DNC like a tank? maybe a DD? They will see and maybe put them on later.
    Well, could let SCH equip Marduk while Light Arts are up, and Morrigan while Dark Arts are up.

I disagree that SCH with Marduk and Morrigan would be overpowered and drive WHM and BLM jobs out of business.

Two of WHM's biggest strengths in HNM fights are the ability to cure large amounts with limited enmity using Cure V, and to restore a PLD's MP to basically full using Devotion. Enmity is a serious limiting issue for the use of SCHs as main healers in HNM fights, and access to Marduk gear is not going to change that. And if concerns about the viability of WHM remain, SE could well make Divine Veil an independent JA with a relatively short recast timer.

In comparison to BLM, SCH's handicaps remain lack of elemental skill, ES, -ga3, stun, and AM2 spells. This limits the strategic versatility of SCHs as a BLM replacement rather severely. It certainly can't replace BLM in HNM situations, and ability to equip Morrigan gear would not change that.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
    In comparison to BLM, SCH's handicaps remain lack of elemental skill, ES, -ga3, stun, and AM2 spells. This limits the strategic versatility of SCHs as a BLM replacement rather severely. It certainly can't replace BLM in HNM situations, and ability to equip Morrigan gear would not change that.
    I do just fine in that respect, thank you. And ultimately Elemental skill is the big kick in the pants when it comes to SCH. Everything else is just ice cream on the cake.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
    Two of WHM's biggest strengths in HNM fights are the ability to cure large amounts with limited enmity using Cure V... ...SE could well make Divine Veil an independent JA with a relatively short recast timer.
    About the Divine Veil... Have you not seen Yagrush? Scholar can get tons of -enmity like whm -30 is plenty to allow C4 spamming(Even Benediction and Cga4), and just use your potency strategem with Cure3 if you're concerned about hate... Scholar would be ridiculously skewed with both sets of Salvage gear, not to mention that stuff is hard enough to get and you would have people wanting two sets from the start? Insanity! And as far as using one or the other with light or dark arts, they already say that reducing Dynamis congestion and fixing Kings is too much programming work for them, look forward to that in 5~ years.

P.S. SCH can already get more fast cast with 2 AF pieces put together than with Marduk set, I don't even know why SCH would want this set.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    Question 2
    The duration on Helix spells are far to short for many SCH to bother using, 1 minute and only every 6 seconds per damage is simply not enough giving that these spells are exclusvie to SCH, it takes much effort to increase the damage by these spells,
    the duration of the spell may be out of the question to consider but at least give them the normal 3 second tick all DOT spells have?
    Now this^ is worth getting some work on

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    I do just fine in that respect, thank you. And ultimately Elemental skill is the big kick in the pants when it comes to SCH. Everything else is just ice cream on the cake.
    A SCH can't replace a BLM in a Tiamat holding party. It can't ES Sleep II, nor Stun Firaga III. It could have one or the other by using /BLM or /DRK, but either combo is inadvisable due to lack of stoneskin and blink.

Try manaburning Ouryu with a SCH army. I doubt you'd see a lot of unresisted nukes. And no ES Sleep II rotation in case of tank death. The same goes for Fafhogg. An ES rotation is an important insurance policy when things go wrong- it's far more than silly icing on the cake.

Elemental Seal is good for more than sleeps. On highly magic resistant opponents like Kirin it can be a major source of damage. And whichever nuking job has and can channel the most MP into this once every ten minute finite resource will be the best damage dealer. The clear winner here is BLM with Tornado II. Even the laughable SCH/BLM couldn't compete with a well geared BLM on Kirin. Maybe Focalization could even the scales here to a certain extent, but I'm skeptical.

It takes only 4 BLMs to snipe a platform eye aggro-free in Dynamis-Xarcabard using AM2. How many SCHs would it take to do the same? 6 minimum assuming no resists on IV spells, but due to gimp SCH elemental skill, some of those spells would be resisted. To ensure success, it's safe to say you would need a small army of SCHs. Again, Focalization may change things in the future, but the odds are that not all or even most SCHs in this needed large group would have it.

Consider the 2nd TE in Xarcabard. One strategy to kill those 8 eyes is to just -ga3 the entire group immediately after pop. You don't have to do it that way, but it's a fun and quick way of doing it, provided you have enough BLMs. SCHs, even an army of them, don't give that option.

This is what I meant when I wrote that SCH can't replace BLM in HNM situations. It's extremely valuable as a support mage for sure, but it simply can't take a BLM's spot. And access to Morrigan gear wouldn't change that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    God I hope they ask/actually answer wafik's questions.
    This I think the root of the problems is everything has always been from the developers point of view or from a testing point of view. 1/2 the answers I see in questions are "we didn't anticipate players seeing/utilizing "X" in this way". The only way this can happen is if they are not playing their own game.