BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

they didn't tell people they were aware of the issue until it was fixed, and didn't threaten to ban until that fix was installed. they've been comfortable with reminding people that RMT is looked down upon and subject to ban (every single month). why not extend that message to in-game "exploits"? why not inform us that they know of the issue and that until it's addressed, people who are found to use it are subject to ban?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lambtor View Post
    they didn't tell people they were aware of the issue until it was fixed, and didn't threaten to ban until that fix was installed. they've been comfortable with reminding people that RMT is looked down upon and subject to ban (every single month). why not extend that message to in-game "exploits"? why not inform us that they know of the issue and that until it's addressed, people who are found to use it are subject to ban?
    Indeed they have to tell you beforehand that !cheating! gets you banned, yes. And that cats can't be put into a microwave. Are you sure it's not in the ToS? You agree to it every time you log in don't ya.. I could bet a big pile o' money that "in game exploits" are there somewhere!

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Question 1
    We know that gear that increases Magic Attack Bonus affects a Corsair's Quick Draw ability, but does gear that increases magical accuracy have any effect on Quick Draw?

Question 2
    Do elemental grips, such as the Wind Grip, provide any enhancement to a Corsair's Quick Draw?
    Can be tested/proven by players, no need to waste a dev question on.

Question 1:
    Any plans to improve the UI by displaying additional stats players are forced to guess at the moment? (i.e. Accuracy, Ranged attack/accuracy, Evasion, hMP, etc.)

This sounds familiar lol.

They will probably say they can't change the UI so it might be better to ask if a way to check those stats could be implemented. More general question leaves less room for PS2 limitations.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Amok View Post
    Question 1
    Is it possible to/could you please introduce a text command that "calls"/executes another macro and in so-doing effectively increase the number of commands someone can fit in one macro button press? Avoiding infinite loops in this scenario is not difficult.
    The reason you will never see this is that it would make the creation of simple bots very easy for anyone across all platforms.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Question 2
    Is it possible to/could you please balance the TP given to a mob when struck in such a way that fast hitting attackers (daggers and h2h) don't 'feed' monsters more TP per unit of time than the 'big hitters' (g.axe/scythe/g.kat).
    isn't this what the point of subtle blow was? <_<, though pup/thf didn't receive it so could see argument for them to get it.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

I am quitting FFXI soon, because SE will not make the game any better. They don't listen. New MMO games will blow FFXI out of the water. I could prob play 2 more years tops if they improved DX, GUI, Macro lines, freezeups etc.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    I am quitting FFXI soon, because SE will not make the game any better. They don't listen. New MMO games will blow FFXI out of the water. I could prob play 2 more years tops if they improved DX, GUI, Macro lines, freezeups etc.
    Yes, and I plan to stop smoking crack soon. I can stop any time I want, really, I can :D

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

http://www.jpbutton.com/?p=1928

Am I the only one annoyed that absolutely no interviewer asks about BLM, ever? Or brings up the balance issues with SCH....

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

should compile a huge index of all jobs with what the community wants changed/added to each job. And present it to them, going through each job with them and explains the meaning of the changes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Question 1:

Seeing that every relic weapons now has a mythic weapon skill link to them other than Greatsword. Do you have any plan to release a new Greatsword weapon skill in the future for those who use the weapon exclusively for their particular jobs? It seems unfair to those who ungraded Ragnarok to not have anything new to play around with, and Greatsword is generally a very popular weapon among players.

Question 2:

Any plan to adjust the overall base damage of Greatsword? Comparing to other 2 hand weapons such as Polearm, the delay for the average Greatsword are similar to that of the Polearm, but the base damage are alot lower. Perhaps an adjustment similar to the dagger adjustment a few years ago? (adding a fix amount of base damage to all GS, perhaps 5)

Question 3:

Any plan to increase the duration of Last Resort? It seems to be too short compare to alot of the other jobs' signature abilities. Bringing it to 1 minute duration and pair that with Souleater, Bloodweapon, and Desperate Blows should encourage the job to use its A+ weapon for fast damage instead of the like of K.club, M.Kris, Ridill etc.
    Dude no offense but Job specific questions are a little to specific to really deserve a full question nvm a full 3 that are focused on tiny aspects of 1 job. Especially one that has received multiple changes recently.

P.S. Really people we all want things that will improve "our jobs" but we really have to look at it from a realistic point of view. Job questions are going to boil down to be answered "we'll take it into consideration" or "we have no plans to update that at this time" or "we have such and such planned for X Job."

BG Level

regarding merit camps beeing overcrowded, why not make mobs that take 30-45min to kill and reward like 5k exp each?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    regarding merit camps beeing overcrowded, why not make mobs that take 30-45min to kill and reward like 5k exp each?
    Nobody would kill them

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@Kerberoz - No one asks about BLMs because for the most part they are fine. You never hear of LSs turning down BLMs because they're unable to do damage. There are other jobs that are in more dire need of information and changes than BLM.

SMN - A bit touched in the interview, but needs a tad more attention.
    BST - I won't go here now because I've been on this all over the forums this morning (Blame the latest interview)
    THF - Needs more than TH4. I don't ever recall seeing anyone bring more than 1 THF to HNM events and they sat out of the alliance until like 5% just for the TH bonus.
    BLU, PUP, DNC - I really don't know about these jobs since I was away from the game for roughly 3 years, but I've never really heard of them being sought after for HNM events like BRD, COR, RDM, etc...

@Orson - I'd have to say it depends on which job is being asked about; see above. However I think the first two questions you quoted are pretty nice. You really don't see a whole lot of people ever using Great Sword anymore. It's either Scythe or Great Axe. In fact, I've only seen like 2-3 GS Relic upgrades on the forums, not in person.

@test123 - not a bad idea overall, but you'd need it to be more uh... 15 minutes per kill give or take a minute based on party configuration and capabilities. This way they are running about a 20,000 an hour average which would meet the average of a PUG merit party and highly skilled and geared LS can meet it at the 10 minute a mob going upwards to 30,000 an hour. However if they were to implement this, I'd see a lot of people expecting 30k for killing Tiamat... Sounds good in theory, but I think it wouldn't work out in implementation.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    @Kerberoz - No one asks about BLMs because for the most part they are fine. You never hear of LSs turning down BLMs because they're unable to do damage. There are other jobs that are in more dire need of information and changes than BLM.
    I'm no BLM, but the fact that they're not getting traditional pt invites above 50 is a pretty big problem.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True, but that can be said for a lot of other jobs too. And in all honestly, I watched an LS mate go from 52 to 59 in just a few days* because of pet blastings. So they'd be silly to join a 4k XP PT when they can get closer to 10 solo. In fact it's so good, he's inviting people at 52 and level syncing down just to keep the rate up.

*Clarifying that a few days was 2 at about 6-7 hours of play a day give or take.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

The problem with BLM is that:
    - Nuking SCH comes way too close, sometimes surpassing BLM performance, and is more versatile
    - Nearly every new HNM is highly resistant to magic damage. Even most non-NMs get blanket magic resistance now. Annoying cumulative resistance nerf still in effect
    - Hasn't gotten an update in over 4 years (RDM and NIN too)

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    True, but that can be said for a lot of other jobs too. And in all honestly, I watched an LS mate go from 52 to 59 in just a few days* because of pet blastings. So they'd be silly to join a 4k XP PT when they can get closer to 10 solo. In fact it's so good, he's inviting people at 52 and level syncing down just to keep the rate up.

*Clarifying that a few days was 2 at about 6-7 hours of play a day give or take.
    I just don't think many like the fact that they're not given a choice. I don't like to solo much, it's boring and I want to exp with people instead for example. Even other solo jobs like BST can change to /nin/war/otherDDsub and be a respectable DD. I don't know about others, and I don't consider myself too elitist, but I would rather wait for another DD to start lfping than invite a BLM post 50 (I guess that's the same for some jobs, but say a good PUP is lfping I'll take him because he can do the job (DDing) well, below 75 that is). Of course soloing pets is good and I'm sure many would like to be able to do it too, but if the job can't participate in the very basic exping system of FFXI I think something needs to be done badly, even if there's an another, although more complicated way of getting to the cap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Part of that is the selected target... Colibri are just not fun to have a caster at, but I do agree. Even as a BST, I get sick of being solo 100% of the time. It's just that a huge majority of the people, whether they'll admit it or not, are in some way elitist and they won't invite a BST either so... Ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast