Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    Part of that is the selected target... Colibri are just not fun to have a caster at, but I do agree. Even as a BST, I get sick of being solo 100% of the time. It's just that a huge majority of the people, whether they'll admit it or not, are in some way elitist and they won't invite a BST either so... Ya.
    True, squishy colibris that take huge melee damage are part of the problem, so the issue is kinda hard to solve without doing something about them or making up alternatives :/. But still I'd like to ask SE what's their opinion, I don't think they can just shake it off with "I don't know~". Plus we can toss in the Q about parties not doing SC/MB there too 'cause it's part of the problem and involves other jobs as well.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

If BLMs got a huge MB boost, they would be desireable. However, 15-20sec each mob does not allow that. A burn party agains mobs with 500k HP and 5k exp/kill would allow BLMs to enter those setups.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    If BLMs got a huge MB boost, they would be desireable. However, 15-20sec each mob does not allow that. A burn party agains mobs with 500k HP and 5k exp/kill would allow BLMs to enter those setups.
    Only problem I see with this is that it'd be pretty hard to create and balance so that parties could get around the same exp/hr as in colibri/mamool ja camps. If it was a bit worse than normal burn it'd mean that ppl wouldn't bother, or if it beats colibri 10 0 nobody would do burns anymore. Of course SE would rather make it a bit worse than normal burn, and not too good, since it sucks to balance it down (nerf it, which would make a QQ storm) rather than make it better in the next update. If they made it work well then it'd be awesome though.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Mobs with huge amount of HP weak to magic with decent xp/hr and some cool drops(hides etc). MB boost to BLMs seems good does it not? Think 15-30min each mob depending on PT. Hate control and everything. Takes me back to when we exp'd on weapons in Sky.

New Odin
    BG Level

If they added some kind of money drops that would compensate for probably little worse exp/hr than in burns, it should probably work.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Will there be a way to see how equipment adjusts during level sync. Since there isn't a way to see how certain stats like accuracy, ranged accuarcy, ranged attack, enmity, etc. are effected during sync.
    Decent question. The second part(I assume is the comment) seems silly to bring up, I think SE is well aware of that.
    Yeah, but I ment if there'd be a way to veiw how a piece of equipment is effected during a sync.

Basicly I was thinking the armor description would change and be updated under sync, sorta like this pic:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...2008%29-15.jpg

Dunno if SE can code equipment descriptions to work like that or not, but it'd be hepful.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    Dude no offense but Job specific questions are a little to specific to really deserve a full question nvm a full 3 that are focused on tiny aspects of 1 job. Especially one that has received multiple changes recently.

P.S. Really people we all want things that will improve "our jobs" but we really have to look at it from a realistic point of view. Job questions are going to boil down to be answered "we'll take it into consideration" or "we have no plans to update that at this time" or "we have such and such planned for X Job."
    Wouldn't hurt to give it a try to ask would it if the answer is going to be that short. Plus, they are obviously going to screen the questions and see what are the better one to ask for the overall community, that's why we have this thread. A few years ago, daggers got a boost on base damage, and it is well known that GS generally have pretty low base damage compare to some of the same delay weapons, so I wouldn't rule it out as something they should look into.

As for job specific questions, that's really what I am interested in to be honest. As much as I care about stuff like larger inventory space and other issues, I feel that the change will be here when it is here, no need to ask. I rather we put up 1-5 questions for each job than asking some general questions of the game like what % is WotG implemented? (i personally don't care, it will be fully implemented when the time comes etc). Isn't job update usually the most interesting things in a patch?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah, but I ment if there'd be a way to veiw how a piece of equipment is effected during a sync.

Basicly I was thinking the armor description would change and be updated under sync, sorta like this pic:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...2008%29-15.jpg

Dunno if SE can code equipment descriptions to work like that or not, but it'd be hepful.
    Right now, those descriptions are just text loaded by the interface. They could in theory make it change dynamically, but they would need to modify the interface a lot, and the risk involved is higer than what it's worth.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Right now, those descriptions are just text loaded by the interface. They could in theory make it change dynamically, but they would need to modify the interface a lot, and the risk involved is higer than what it's worth.
    It would be ungodly helpful if they did though.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    It would be ungodly helpful if they did though.
    This would also be helpful to display set mechanics as well.

BG Level

I see alot of questions about the GUI vs windower plugins/(wow) itself and PvP. I sure hope these questions will be asked and a positive response would come. SE needs to adress this. FFXI is dead in 2 years without these things fixed. You just can't compete with next generation MMOs without these elements. And yes PC users should have the option to get a better UI then ps2 users. 20 macro lines or quit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Well GS might need a bit in need of updating but it's really not a necessity for Drk at all any more. Overall there are just a lot of other jobs that deserve attention and even if Drk really needs attention it's more stuff like magic not being overly useful. War can use how many weapons and most of them are just useless but just because they don't play a large roll doesn't mean War needs to have that fixed. GS isn't an +A weapon for Drk it's basically a SC option.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It is not just SC option. It is better than scythe in many high end situations. We are talking about drk/sam spamming spinning slash here not /thf getting 300% tp and GS make light. If you know how the hidden cratio bonus work on SS, you will not think it is just a SC option. Some drks prefer GS as their main weapons, and I would say alot, including myself (having abyssal earring and full scythe and GS merit, ebody, gorget for the ws, perdu sickle, tred. scythe etc. My scythe is in no way gimper than my GS). If it does get a similar boost as they did to daggers, it would probably be better than scythe by default, since the biggest knock on GS is that it loses out on the DoT department compare to scythe (largely due to similar delay but way less base damage), but make up in the WS department.

But anyway, not trying to argue the usefulness of GS here, some ppl have bias towards it, and I don't blame them, it does require quite an effort to make it work, and alot of ppl can't really compare due to the fact that rarely ppl would merit GS + scythe unless you are a hardcore drk like myself. I just think it is a pretty legit question consider how popular it is for drk now a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    really?, I can't recall ever see such a question answered, any idea where that was SE said had reason to deny them?
    DNC and SCH were excluded from Salvage sets because they wanted to do something new with SCH and DNC gear on the WOTG Endgame area. (which is not open yet, I believe it was called the walk of echos, the area with atomos in the cutscenes that looks like a redish promy area)

SE said DNC and SCH were excluded cause they have something new for those jobs in the new WOTG endgame area.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thanks BRP btw, for commenting a lot of questions and giving better reworded alternatives. Finally as of today I have time to work on the Interview. Won´t be something big.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It is not just SC option. It is better than scythe in many high end situations. We are talking about drk/sam spamming spinning slash here not /thf getting 300% tp and GS make light. If you know how the hidden cratio bonus work on SS, you will not think it is just a SC option. Some drks prefer GS as their main weapons, and I would say alot, including myself (having abyssal earring and full scythe and GS merit, ebody, gorget for the ws, perdu sickle, tred. scythe etc. My scythe is in no way gimper than my GS). If it does get a similar boost as they did to daggers, it would probably be better than scythe by default, since the biggest knock on GS is that it loses out on the DoT department compare to scythe (largely due to similar delay but way less base damage), but make up in the WS department.

But anyway, not trying to argue the usefulness of GS here, some ppl have bias towards it, and I don't blame them, it does require quite an effort to make it work, and alot of ppl can't really compare due to the fact that rarely ppl would merit GS + scythe unless you are a hardcore drk like myself. I just think it is a pretty legit question consider how popular it is for drk now a day.
    The thing is you have to ask yourself does Drk really need that kind of attention? GSs are a minor part of Drk and they aren't majorly flawed. Saying it's popular for Drk thus deserves an improvement (an arguably unneeded fix) is hard to swallow in my opinion. War has access to Axes (our -A skill) yet they are pretty much decoration unless you have a fully merited ridill set up. This doesn't make War flawed it just is something that isn't used much on the job.

My main point is it's asking a question about a very very small aspect of the game that is not causing a problem at all. Drk has a firm place in most events in the game more so than most jobs, it's not neglected. I'd love to see War turned into a tank with similar tanking ability as Pld but I'm realistic it's not needed at this time. It like Drk is an awesome job for most events. Jobs that haven't received any significant update recently are Rdm and Blm (yes Blm got retrace but that was an obligatory spell didn't add anything to it like how Whm got repose.) Arguably jobs that actually require major tweaking to be more useful in a larger amount of events are Pup, Smn, Bst, and Dnc. 1-hander DD jobs like Mnk, Thf, and Nin could really use a bit of attention to either allow them to compete as DDs or give them more special abilities that allow them to support the group they're in (like Thf's hate control abilities.) Drk is far from needing anything any time soon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i feel iffy about 1h jobs getting updates. they were the top tier DDs before the 2h update and now that 2h can compete, the 1h jobs are complaining. 1h jobs had their 5 years of glory

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The one hander jobs really dont need too much tweaking imo unless you're looking at hnm damage due to everyone hating the idea of giving a monster any tp. My nin and thf still do competitive damage vs any job other than sam the last time i checked.( was a few months ago but after the 2h patch so it's somewhat decent data)
    Sam needs to be left alone tbh imo. It's clearly "better" than any other DD job atm and as such every other(or almost every other) job in the game needs a very slight buff to match sam instead unless they want to nerf sam. IT doesn't needs to be an omg buff. Slight things like a peice of gear that lets em have slighty more acc or haste/dual wield that a sam cant use would fix things.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Searching by rank is already possible. /sea all san rank 5.

Why is every other question "Are there any plans to" like that's a magic phrase that'll make SE grant your wish?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by mackerel View Post
    Searching by rank is already possible. /sea all san rank 5.

Why is every other question "Are there any plans to" like that's a magic phrase that'll make SE grant your wish?
    he meant like being able to doing something like /sea all LanceCorporal to search merc. rank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast