+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    code the NM claim packets with a key. IPv6 secure has a good method. No 3rd party can replicate these "random keys", if they try to use incorrect keys then its easy to ban them.
    As much as most people, I'd like to see the botters get banned (and all the LS members who are part of that), but I don't see how this can work.

I don't know much about packets, nor do I care to know more, but what I THOUGHT was correct was that if the packet is to be recognized it had to already be on the client since its sent by the server. Even if the client simply decodes the packet, the ability to decode has to already be there.

How can the PS2 decode or recognize a packet that does not exist already on the PS2? And if its already on the PS2 (disregarding the obvious issue of space limitations), how will the bot not already know it?

I don't see how this can solve any condition where the data has to be sent and the client has to receive it. No matter what, anything that will enable the clients to see legitimate versus fake mobs can be programmed into the bot. Or so I think.

I still HOPE this would work (although clearly I don't know how) and hope that it would work even with PS2 limitations. If we can clarify this question with some solid technical support, it should be posted and communicated.

This is really an interesting concept although I've heard variants of it for a long time. Maybe its worth a solid more detailed question, no?

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

It's not our job to figure out how to catch botters; it's SE's job. Excuses are just excuses. They need to shut up, realize that they serve the customer, not vice versa, and fix it. Boo-hoo if it's difficult. It's not impossible.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I apologize for repeating myself but if you ban all the botters and do nothing else to kings, they will still be terrible. Each spawn will still be camped by half a dozen linkshells for up to 3 hours daily. The kings will continue to be claimed a millisecond after they spawn, and the entire competition will be based on the spawn since the kill itself is a bit of a joke at this point.

This is a horribly flawed system. Removing the botters barely improves it at all. Fix the system and do it in such a way that botting won't be useful anymore.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    Could you guys explain more about your ideas to make Kings and possibly other NMs forced pops? Iz there pictures mu-HA!
    Make the pop item for them drop off nearby mobs (Alky) or ENMs (Like Cloud Evokers)

I digged through many older Interviews already and will go back at what SE said in previous Interviews too a bit. Is there anything we could go on about that you found?
    Persist with the inventory questions (They mentioned some ideas about making "Packs" for each class so for example, you would have a DRG pack or a RDM pack to hold gear for a specific class. Also, macro and merit limitations are annoying. Macro space limitations are driving more people towards windower. Merit limitation keeps people from leveling a second class. Increasing macro space and merit options would be in their interest.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Make the pop item for them drop off nearby mobs (Alky) or ENMs (Like Cloud Evokers)
    While I agree that this would be a possible way. Just think about what it would then really change. The droprate would have to be freaking low. Meaning people will probably spend even more time farming some pop Item. The mobs in those zones (kind of has to be in the same zone, like others work) are easily soloable. Even adjusting them, won´t make them that hard. Hardcore Linkshells might have almost whole day people there then. I just think additional ways should be implemented to fight any kind of HNMs.
    Some WotG BCs for Ixion, some better ways to get in areas like Sandwormdoomvoiding.
    KS99 is sweet and nice, but actually boring now. Not to mention how low you can go on people for Behemoth and even Wyrm.
    Imagine it would be Darters, I can imagine them being botted then instead of Fafogg.

Problem is definatly the camping/droprate part. People will always be there, because new recruited people want Ridillz.

To go on about the whole HNM things, we have to do this in another way. I am not talking about better ideas, because at the end SE has to do this, but more like finding
    a better way that having in the current situation to stand around for hours for NMs.
    Instanced events are the key to success. (See World of Warcraft, yes they have success)

I think some cute Tiamat window graphic would be nice. They liked previously the graphic from 3 Kings camping. Too short. Tiamat, Khimaira are the way to go to show them how you are cockblocked by camping those.

Maybe a graphical LJ of someone who is in a hardcore LS camping a full week of the time "lost" while camping. And the reason he/she has to keep doing it, is wanting to get all the "cool" items which will last forever due to the droprates.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Oh I will delay the Interview till after the Version Update. But I will immediately work on it after we got the Version Update Notes. Just afraid of waisting some questions on possibly changed stuff in the VU. So expect it not to pop up here in the next 6 weeks. (4weeks till Update, at least 3 weeks from SEs side) - Interview comming from a Premiere Site should push answering time up -

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like Yugl's suggestion of adding a pop item drop to ENMs. You can't spam those events.

You could also add the pop item drop to KS99 - you can only spam those until you run out of seals.

Or you could require multiple "pop ingredients". The ingredients could all drop from instanced events like Limbus, Salvage, etc.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

or you could put the pop items as drops in garrison, so you dont mix older expansion with newer ones?

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The pop items should come from mobs in the zone. Maybe change/add some mobs or something. Swap darters for a flavor of wyvern. Add lesser behemoths that don't drop hides. Add Mini turtles. Or don't. "Darter Wings: a favorite bedtime snack of the wyrms Fafnir and Nidhogg."

But, in my opinion the pop items should be a fairly common drop. Just make them stack-able and each one representative of one "day" in the king cycle. So, to get a very good chance for HQ you need a full stack.

I could see changing the nature of the drops, though. Not actual drop rate, just the number of things. Chance of 0 to 1 abjuration. Chance of 0 to 1 armor/weapon. 0 to 1 synth material. etc, etc...

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

The problem with adding farmed triggers is that people will just stay in aery etc 24/7 botting the triggers for a year at least.

A quick and easy way to alleviate king camping would be to simply add a BC/KSNM source for ridill and dring, or maybe add them to vrtra and jorm. Maybe raise the droprate on abjurations in einherjar.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

so...wasn't the interview supposed to be for the end of feb?

New Odin
    BG Level

look 5 posts up :/

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    The problem with adding farmed triggers is that people will just stay in aery etc 24/7 botting the triggers for a year at least.
    Close, however I'd say make a pop item for kings come from BCNMs, however make it limited where you can only do it once or twice per conquest talley.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

New NPC that sells pop items for the HNM from conquest points. Can purchase as many as you want. BC style entrance (up to alliance; maybe modified to dynamis like glass thing to allow more but is that really needed?). Enter the BC (no time limit) and after the monster is defeated and treasure pool is empty; you are removed from the BC. Being present in the BC when loot drops sets a flag so you cannot reenter the BC for some timeframe. Insert emphasis in that loot does not carry over to a 'waiting area'; if you wana lot/help you gotta be in the BC.

*Edit* or make it like kinda like the ZNM thing where you need a key item to enter which is on a restricted timer and rather cheap (CP) to purchase.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko View Post
    New NPC that sells pop items for the HNM from conquest points. Can purchase as many as you want. BC style entrance (up to alliance; maybe modified to dynamis like glass thing to allow more but is that really needed?). Enter the BC (no time limit) and after the monster is defeated and treasure pool is empty; you are removed from the BC. Being present in the BC when loot drops sets a flag so you cannot reenter the BC for some timeframe. Insert emphasis in that loot does not carry over to a 'waiting area'; if you wana lot/help you gotta be in the BC.

*Edit* or make it like kinda like the ZNM thing where you need a key item to enter which is on a restricted timer and rather cheap (CP) to purchase.
    I'm leaning even more towards an "ingredient" system where you need several items from different places to pop a king. One of the ingredients could be purchased with Conquest Points, but I think it would be a good idea to have other requirements as well. Maybe an ingredient purchased with FoV Tabs, one purchased with beast or kindred seals, and so on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

There's really not much of a reason that SE shouldn't add the rest of the king drops to Einherjar. It's far tougher than actually fighting kings and takes longer to get Odin vs getting a Aspi,

The fact is though SE should just stop making side grades and spend more time replacing king gear completely so we can forget about the terribly designed system.

BG Level

I wish they'd add sky abjurations to Einherjar to for T3 Chambers also, since I hardly see shells do sky anymore unless they're one of those shells that'll only last about a month or two before breaking.

Or maybe make more equipment sets from sky. Kirin's Chainmail set anyone?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Kirin's Chainmail set anyone?
    +25 STR +25 ACC +25 ATT +25sTP +25 DEX SAM ONRY Right?

BG Level

Well, I just find it odd how COR/PUP/DNC/SCH can't equip any Limbus/God gear. And I do think SE said something about adding new gear to give sky more life.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    adding new gear to give sky more life.
    Fields of Valor!

+ Reply to Thread