BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Question Discussion

Hellou,

Feel free to discuss questions posted here http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...er-2009-a.html

Follow those rules and you are fine:
    Rule 1 : No flaming, no fighting.
    Rule 2 : No jokes about Square Enix employees or premiere sites.

We are not gangsters on the streets (ok some might think they are). Treat each other how you want to be treated (this does not mean if you enjoy being yelled at and called an idiot, that you can do this here, you know what I mean)

Bercus

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I would like to post a question asking about relief of Alexandrite to players, but I'm not such a good writer and I want to be able to portray in that question, the disparity of my situation and others'. I thought the new Mythic system was going to be great because it offered a unique weapon without having to invest Millions at Dynamis but still took a decent amount of time.

If my Salvage group were to condense every Alex onto one person that would be 2+ years going EVERY day to reach 30kAlex. If we split them up evenly that would take each person 12+ years(Which we do). Does SE really WANT people to be buying Alexandrites? Even though I play this game 24/7, I must be missing something because even under the most prime conditions, 30kGil an hour is the best I could do, and even that is not so reliable.

30k/hr x 5hr/day= 150k a day
    150k/day x 30~days(Month)= 4.5M
    4.5M/month / 90M~120M+= 20~26Months+ (Of course none of this adds the time it would take to buy said currency, SE says 2-6 Months+The other parts)

Is this really what SE wants? Do they feel 90-120M+ is accurate? I understand that there are a rare handful of people out there with loads of money, but 99.9% of even the most hard-core players feel that this is too much money. I really hope they find it in their hearts to offer us a time consuming way to obtain Alexandrites so as not to be forced to farm Gil to buy Alexandrites.

I've been playing this game so much and for so long that 1-2 years actually seems somewhat reasonable -.- However making me grind money all that time like an RMT Chain smoking in a basement does not really feel conducive to the rewards or HEALTHY. If someone can find a way to condense all that into one question, Thanks!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can't think of any good questions I would ask that haven't already been asked in the latest interviews but

Question 2
    A fairly simple question. What was the reasoning behind excluding Scholar and Dancer from the Salvage gear sets, when they take so much effort to obtain?
    ^ this, would love them to add Scholar to Morrigans and Dancer to Skadi? Body for SCH would make the AF2 alot less useful but hey, if drop rates stay the way they are then it will be a while before I finish a robe heh

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

we didn't see any update for the conflict for long time , i think its time to ask about it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Reapz View Post
    ^ this, would love them to add Scholar to Morrigans and Dancer to Skadi? Body for SCH would make the AF2 alot less useful but hey, if drop rates stay the way they are then it will be a while before I finish a robe heh
    agreed, but I would think that usukane would be better suited dnc and more logically since it needs good melee set if u ask me, much like pup did before usukane, since almost all of skadi offers nothing to dnc, plus SE would would consider skadi game breaking on dnc I mean choco jig + skadi feet would be +37% movement speed anywhere all the time.

New Odin
    BG Level

Question 2
    Are there any plans to enhance signet to make the conquest areas a more beneficial area to level in?
    I think FoV system is SE's answer to this.. Regen, Refresh, food, RR, Pro/Shell all in one, although it's not directly linked to Signet it gives what Signet lacks. They just have to add it to every outpost (or popular camps?) which I think they'll do in the next patch, so it shouldn't be a big issue I think.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I think FoV system is SE's answer to this.. Regen, Refresh, food, RR, Pro/Shell all in one, although it's not directly linked to Signet it gives what Signet lacks. They just have to add it to every outpost (or popular camps?) which I think they'll do in the next patch, so it shouldn't be a big issue I think.
    it's works but there is a small issue, if I got auto-refresh from pash OP's book, and went to CN for level sync pt I would lose it, so can only be used at OP with Level sync, or none-Sync in other areas, where as sanction/sigil refresh work regardless of level sync.

Banned.

BG Level

The more your question sounds like a flat out suggestion, the less likely they are to answer you. This basically includes asking a question, then moving straight to a suggestion For example:

Dancer doesn't have much usage endgame and all around, isn't a very popular job for many events. Are there any plans to adjust the mechanics of Dancer? I know many people are interested in the ability to use Waltzs on players outside of party.
    If you really want to get across the problem with waltz and alliances it should be something like:

"Why are Dancers as limited as they are in alliance situations often found in the endgame?"

While this might not instantly say "Dancer is too weak at endgame" this does actually talk about the devs insight rather than their plans. Really all you are going to get from these interviews are insight and the reason we are disappointed with them is because we asking for plans or even just asking them to change their plans to shape our desires.

EDIT:

Also, they already stated why they DNC and SCH isn't on Salvage sets. I don't remember what it was, but it was certainly bullshit. Are they suddenly going to change their tune because we asked again? Probably not. If you want to ask a similar question, ask this:

"For new jobs who don't have access to older and sometimes more powerful armor like Abjuration and Salvage gear, doesn't that shift the balance towards older jobs because newer jobs have a limited selection and often have weaker pieces in comparison?"

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    it's works but there is a small issue, if I got auto-refresh from pash OP's book, and went to CN for level sync pt I would lose it, so can only be used at OP with Level sync, or none-Sync in other areas, where as sanction/sigil refresh work regardless of level sync.
    Yesh, that's a problem.. hopefully SE can expand it even more, but right now if you go asking them for a solution I'm afraid FoV might be their answer :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Yesh, that's a problem.. hopefully SE can expand it even more, but right now if you go asking them for a solution I'm afraid FoV might be their answer :/
    I'd ask them if they would consider letting FoV buffs stay thru level sync.

Banned.

BG Level

I am just going to go and comment on every question. Consider them both criticism and advice for bercus. I'll also write revamped questions for some of them.

I already covered both questions in Falisa's post.

Question 1
    Is there any plan to ever release a mage weapon better then the HQ elemental staves? It seems the development team forgot they even exists when creating new mage weapons, like Dorje or relic/mythic, which are very rare/difficult to obtain yet worse then a easy to get lvl51 weapon.

Question 2
    Before releasing mythic weapon you mentioned buffing relic weapon skills to keep them powerful enough, but fact is, most of them never were. They deal less damage then other previously available ws, and a lot of the "additonal effect" are rather useless, like shock spikes, +10 subtle blow etc. Are there plans to fix this?

Question 3

Have you ever considered that people woud rather be rewarded for their skills rather then their luck? To make great gear rare why not make monster more difficult (but NOT like av..) rather then having very low drop rates. Or why not make them always drop an item that you would need several of to make something good. Like for example instead of making a 5% drop rate for a good item, make it 100% chance to get a material that you would need 20 of to make the good item. That way at least each time you kill it you feel like you accomplished something/are closer to getting the item, rather then just be disapointed nothing dropped and annoyed when you see someone else go 1/1 on the item.
    Question 1 is mostly dumb. I mean... its just a pointless question for the most part. I could see the complaint for Relic and Mythic weapons though. A question asking what is the incentive to update these weapons for Black Mages or Summoners when better weapons are readily available wouldn't be too bad.

Question 2 is pretty much only a suggestion. There isn't any information to be gained with the state it is in. If you want to know why they suck, just ask why they suck really. This is kind of the same for Question 1, but I could see a reason for separating them.

Question 3 is just facepalm inducing. You don't need to ask SE devs that. You can ask a brick wall and you'll get the same sense of disappointment. There, I just saved the interview one useless question.

Question 1
    Many players feel that the Alexandrite requirement for the Quest "Duties, Tasks, and Deeds" is improportionate compared to the other requirements of the same quest. Are there plans to either consider lowering this requirement, adding more sources for Alexandrite or increasing the drop rate of Pouches in Salvage?

Question 2
    Japan has a substantial amount more of merchandising compared to other regions, including but not limited to informative books and mooks. Are there any plans to consider releasing these types of materials outside of Japan?
    Question 1 has already been answered numerous times with a no. Also pretty much a suggestion(hence why its gets a no).

Question 2 is good.

Question 1
    Any plan to update or adding something new to the conflict system ?

Question 2
    about merit , for the time being each job share the same merit categories that player have upgrade , is there is a plan to allowed the player to change to another blank merit categories ? this maybe hard here to understood here , what i mean 2nd set of the merit page

Question 3
    Any plan to update the interface ?
    Question 1 is good, but needs direction or it will just get answer like "if we get the demand" or whatever they like to say. A question would need to challenge how SE sees Conflict. It would need to point out that they won't get feedback on it because people are not doing it and if people are not doing it then no one else can do it because it requires other people. There are likely hundreds of players who don't even know there is PvP in this game and even more amazing there are those who know Ballista exists but not Brenner.

I would purpose a question that goes a little like the following: "Have you considered the reason you don't hear about players wanting improvements to CONFLICT is because players never got to chance to do it in the first place or even know it exists?"

Such a question template could be applied to Conquest and other ignores areas of the game really. It challenges SE's reasoning directly.

Question 2 I am pretty sure they answered, but not directly. They like the idea of merits being very limited. This is to create differences between players at 75. Also, yet again, this is just another suggestion.

Question 3 is a decent question, but it has no direction. They will probably answer with "No because we can't". You could just skip that and ask "Why can't update the UI?" and then we'll get something like PS2 limitations! but in reality they either don't want to waste the effort or simply don't have the skill to do so. So, we should try to corner them. While it doesn't really talk about UI in general asking something like "If a freeware third-party program can show players their party and alliance members' TP/MP, why is it difficult for first-party developers?"

Question 1
    As of right now merits for the Magic Skills are maxed at 16 and Combat Skills at 20. With more and more people attaining 75 on multiple jobs players cannot merit some of their jobs to their fullest potential, are there any plans to increase the caps?

Question 2
    Some players after picking their race, for example Elvaan, have ended up taking the mage job route and suffer from low mp pools/low int, or Tarutaru taking the melee job route. Would there be any chance to allow maybe a one time option to change your race? Maybe for the same charge as server transfer or less.

Question 3
    The current objectives to obtain a Mythic Weapon are nowhere near equal to the objectives to obtain a Relic Weapon, the Alexandrite stage alone is just as hard to attain as the entire 5 stages of a Relic Weapon. On top of this you have other objectives such as Captain rank & runic disc to even begin the quest, HNM titles and then time consuming tasks such as 100,000 Ampoules, 150,000 Tokens, redoing all 50 Assaults and the 3 ZNM trophies which are extremely rare drops. Could you adjust the alexandrite stage again to make this quest seem less impossible? Because as of right now it is much harder to obtain than a Zilart Relic.
    Question 1 will probably be answered by the fact they want players to be limited in order to force them to be different. While you can ask(suggest) more leg room, to the real question: why not let jobs merit to their full potential, that has already been answered.

Question 2 is both a suggestion and makes me want to cry. If you really must ask this horrible sin of a question it should say something like "Is there any limitations restricting the addition a race switch option?"

Question 3 this is a flat-out suggestion(that's three in a row). They already said no. I can dissect this up into two questions though:
    -"Are the Mythic weapons suppose to be much more expensive than Relic weapons, in addition to everything else?"
    -"Isn't the money cost for Mythic weapons redundant with all of the other requirements? Especially compared to Relic weapons"

Question 1
    Elements play an important role in FFxi, however elements don't play that big a role in the choice of offensive magic spells. Most BLM agree that Thunder is almost always the best choice regardless of a monster's elemental affinity. Are there any plans to adjust monster resistance or spell damage to encourage more diversity among spell usage?

Question 2
    Exp camps level50+ are dominated by ToAU causing some congestion issues when finding camps especially at 75. Middle land and WotG areas mostly ignored due to monster placement and lack of Sanction Exp bonus. Are there any plans in the future to make these two more viable choices for exp camps?
    Question 1 has heart(although being useless in terms of metagame value...), but it basically asking for a nerf( and that =suggestion). That makes you an evil man If we want to know why things are the way they are something like this should be asked: "Was it intentional for Black Mages to use Lightning and Ice magic most of the time, ignoring other factors like elemental weakness or weather/day?

Question 2 is good. I would leave out the first part though. "Are there any plans to make Middle Land and WotG areas popular exp camps beyond level 50?"

Question 1
    Are there any plans to add an option such as a barber that could change your character model, not your race? I.E Going from Hume 5a to Hume 2b

Question 2
    Are there any plans to enhance signet to make the conquest areas a more beneficial area to level in?
    Question 1 is meh and a suggestion just like the racial change before it. If you wanted to ask it, I would advise using the same format I suggested there.

Question 2 is a decent question, but most certainly I can see them answering with "We already have. Blah blah easier to solo, blah blah". Maybe adding the word signet is only detrimental to the cause. "Conquest areas are still ignored beyond a certain level despite the new changes, will there be any further attempts to change this?"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    EDIT:

Also, they already stated why they DNC and SCH isn't on Salvage sets. I don't remember what it was, but it was certainly bullshit.
    really?, I can't recall ever see such a question answered, any idea where that was SE said had reason to deny them?

Banned.

BG Level

I think it was something saying they wanted people to focus on newer content. I can't really recall, but if you look through interviews you will see this question has been asked before. Probably in one of elmer's translated ones.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Uh, what do you expect, to actually get serious answer? This pretty much IS a suggestion interview.

And for my third question, then how would you word it so it means I'd rather luck be less of a huge factor when it comes to drop and rather have more difficult mobs/point reward system, unless you are satisfied with the current luck based system, if so then yea, I guess my question sounded ridiculous to you.

Banned.

BG Level

Okay, let's be clear here. If your question does nothing then it is useless right? So even if its a suggestion and will provide no information and SE just ignores its just pointless. You are talking about something SE would never, ever do or even comment on. More over is extremely broad and vague.

And there is no such thing as a "suggestion interview."

Old Merits
    BG Level

I will send in all questions that are actually suggestions in a seperate document. Last time we had 100+ suggestions? Of course not all will be considered, but usually within 3 months to 1 year some things got adjusted. Hopefully next patch does take care of most stuff from the May Interview. Always remember the more something gets attention, the more SE and the Development Team will do something about it. (Thats what they say )

I want to read about a LS vomitting because they camped all 3 Kings for 3.5 hours and got beaten by bots, resulting in 12 hours done nothing but stare because SE does not think at this time that HNMs need adjustments.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I hope this doesn't sound like I am trying to flame, b/c honestly I am not. I have been thinking about this since Fanfest, and if you are doing an interview I think it would be a good question.

Why are there no NA/EU developers?

With a large portion of the player base being from this part of the world, and there being great cultural differences, don't you think it would only be a benefit to have someone with new ideas, and a different perspective.

Banned.

BG Level

Bercus I suggest you cut out the question part and just hand in a list of suggestions. Shaping it in a question will only make it difficult to understand.

Hell, actually screw exact suggestions just mention what's wrong with the game. No sane dev is going to copy and paste someone's idea, but saying something like "Salvage gear shouldn't take years of daily activity to do" will actually tell SE something.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everyone knows the translator will use babelfish to translate your questions thats why the dev's have no clue what u ask them ;P

You should split the suggestion list into sections and categorise everything, make it easier for the dev's to approach, something like a header section per expansion, then sub section for event/item introduced by that expansion, then list all suggestions in relation to that event.

But as BRP says dont offer suggestions, it would be better to simply state bluntly what it wrong. For the questions that the playerbase are most concerned about cant you post some polls on various sites including premier sites, then attach the results as appendices as support. You could even do the same polls in whitegate and appendice the results ;x

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Question 2
    Your company mentions multiple times that it enjoys listening to player requests but rarely do we feel this. In the fan fest, SE mentioned that it does have the means instance dynamis and limbus, but do not feel like doing it. Why not? We've been asking this basically since dynamis was implemented into the game. Us players have to suffer a lot due to the overwhelming popularity of dynamis now, with groups of 6 entering and holding a zone just before a group of 20-30+ people enter with their LS, making the game more frustrating.

A solution I would like to suggest, is instead of actually instancing it, create 4 copies of the trail markings.

- Trail Markings A
    - Trail Markings B
    - Trail Markings C
    - Trail Markings D

That way you won't have to worry about instancing dynamis, as it'll add 3 copies of the same zone , it won't require too much reprogramming, and players will reserve 1 of the 4 area of dynamis, thus clearing a lot of the congestion that goes on. To make it easier, also add the thing that limbus has where it tells you how much time is remaining.
    Considering how much they break when they change nothing, I would say it's impossible for them.

What you said is probably the easiest method (lot of copy paste), but adding 40 new zones to every servers might be a bit too much. Even if they double the amount of areas (from 10 zones to 20), it's hard to talk about the impact it would have on the servers without actual data.

We don't know how hard it is to add a new zone either. Considering they only do it when there is an expansion, I can believe them when they say it's too much work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast