BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiyan View Post
    All this talk about WHM melee makes me want to kill kittens. Mithra kittens. More so than RDM melee because at least RDMs can and has always been able to use some decent gear.

SE is out of it's fucking mind.

I quit my WHM 4 years back and been waiting ever since for a reason to go back and finish it, but the job has been declining like nobody's business over the past few years and now this? This has to be a joke... If SE want WHMs to do some damage, buff banish/holy spells or introduce new light based damage spells, not melee WHM.
    Whm melee isn't so bad it just doesn't have a place in most parties. Allowing whm's to get the idea to melee in parties is bad. You will have some melee whm's looking like melee rdm's. You know the ones that wear lv 36 str rings some shitty belt necklace and shitty sword or clubs.

What I think SE should do is what I have been saying since they released tier2 merits. Let devotion be self targeted. Maybe give it a little more strength so it always gives back 300-400mp and then the more hp you have will be a bonus. It will be like convert in a sense and it isn't anything game breaking.

Mystic boon as the only way I can recover mp myself is retarded. I'm working on getting my club now but I don't want that ws being the only thing that makes people even think of inviting a whm over a sch or rdm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    Melee WHM actually works in Nyzul Isle (when mobs are mainly DC-EM) and Bhaflau Remnant rampart farming. It's situational but can be quite handy.

I think SE probably found a practical use for melee RDM. According to Wiki, Death Blossom is
    It's a 3-hit WS (less likely to miss) and can be used to open both light and dark skillchain. I will bring a Justice/Joyesue RDM/NIN to Cerberus camp and get him/her to TP on nearby trolls, switch to Cerberus to open dark skillchain when TP is ready so that other RDM/BRD can MB with elegy/slowII/paralyzeII. It's basically mage version of Feint.
    I've seen people try to use DB on Perytons and try to land black magic Sleep and it didn't work. So I'm not sure if the whole wiki blurb is correct or the aftermath just increases the 0% chance to 5%.

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

Is there a list of your gearsets anywhere Izzy?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

When I read it my first thought was, has there been an outcry I didn't know about? I know there's always that debate of rdms who melee in pts vs. those who don't, and rdm were supposed to melee, just that that aspect of the job was too weak to be worth it. So in that instance I can understand them wanting to fix it (but at the same time wtf took them so long?)

but with whm....I know in the past many whm had complained about their inabilities to solo regular mobs, over time though that's been corrected and they can solo as well as most jobs with the right gear. So where did this need to melee come into play? srly SE fix other shit, that's a waste of time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Edit: WHM melee is never going to be up to par with normal DD. To be honest I think that every job should have the potential to DD in a meripo or w/e at the same level like in other games JUST so that people could get invites and people could melee on whatever job they wanted etc... but then that would be boring I guess.

And for melee mystic boon is pretty decent (lol) depending on your setup, but I haven't tried it in meripos.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizrow View Post
    Is there a list of your gearsets anywhere Izzy?
    seconded

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    I just shuddered a bit. What if they intend to make WHM a tank?

PLD is a raw blood tank, like WAR when we first started, it can cure itself though.
    NIN was probably intended to be the first front line mage, instead we use it to tank, not being an MP sponge.
    Neither job tanks magic damage very well, since -aga wipes shadows (not saying that it's great to block a tier 4 of AM with just one shadow), but they've given WHM all those Magic Def Bonus traits.
    What if they make all that MDB actually worth something, bringing WHM/NIN|WAR|RDM into the tanking scene for stuff that spams -agas.
    Apparently you didn't get the memo. Red Mage already does this, and better than WHM ever would.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I shall re-state my statement.

If you want to melee as a WHM, you are retarded. Clearly, SE is retarded.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Clearly, SE is retarded.
    Clearly.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dear SE: fix ninja, at least some kind of job ability
    if you dont.
    im going to murder the goofy looking dev guy.
    he looks weak.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I dunno, why is everyone so worried? It's not like they will suddenly go and melee, and if they do I'm sure the people in the party will tell them to sit back down, and if they don't, boot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by WraithLakshmi View Post
    Apparently you didn't get the memo. Red Mage already does this, and better than WHM ever would.
    I'd prefer PLD/RDM to RDM, but that's just me. And I'm only worried that they WILL make WHM into a magic tank. Bad enough I have to main heal, but tank too? I'm not PLD/DNC, I don't have Joyeuse, and I couldn't do it even then.

for starters most whms most of you know are fairly passive players, most whms you know don't have a melee gear set and probably a fair share don't even have hexa strike learned, let alone mystic boon

I know final fantasy is a different beast, but most classical RPGs accually have the healer/cleric class as a fairly competent melee, not above warrior classes, but generally higher then most of the classes, the whole idea of a weak healer actually was confusing when I first started the game. I personally meleed on/off (depending on several factors) in parties until 51, when I got Elemental Staves.

I've been in parties @ 75 where I could easily melee and not effect my parties performance, I mostly don't do it, but sometimes I feel like just having some kicks

I forget who: but someone on the last page mentioned meleeing on early salvage floors, I do this all the time, it defiantly helps the first 2 floors in most areas.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I forget who: but someone on the last page mentioned meleeing on early salvage floors, I do this all the time, it defiantly helps the first 2 floors in most areas.
    I melee on most first floors when I go RDM, enfire + Kraken = fun and win.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Nearly everyone in this thread is overreacting.

That's all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    Nearly everyone in this thread is overreacting.

That's all.
    We're not overreacting. Saying WHM just needs a few "tweaks" to melee, is an insult to our intelligence.

Let's say I have a beat up old Pinto, interior is shot, axles are missing, and some farmer took the engine for his tractor.

Square-Enix: "Slap a new coat of paint on that thing and let's goooo!"

Tweaks will not let WHM melee. The car needs to be totally overhauled to pull that kind of load.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    We're not overreacting. Saying WHM just needs a few "tweaks" to melee, is an insult to our intelligence.

Let's say I have a beat up old Pinto, interior is shot, axles are missing, and some farmer took the engine for his tractor.

Square-Enix: "Slap a new coat of paint on that thing and let's goooo!"

Tweaks will not let WHM melee. The car needs to be totally overhauled to pull that kind of load.
    That guy is right, you are overreacting. Even if you had to tank it'll be a last ditch resort, and trust me that won't happen.

I don't think it's an insult, rather maybe it's to open up your "low man activities" or even solo up a little more. Still bitching about campaign? Well here's your bone.

I also recall that Ballista match where the JPs wiped the floor with the NAs in some fanfest or Ballista special event, the JPs used a WHM tank =O. End result was like 50~ - 0

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    for starters most whms most of you know are fairly passive players, most whms you know don't have a melee gear set and probably a fair share don't even have hexa strike learned, let alone mystic boon

I know final fantasy is a different beast, but most classical RPGs accually have the healer/cleric class as a fairly competent melee, not above warrior classes, but generally higher then most of the classes, the whole idea of a weak healer actually was confusing when I first started the game. I personally meleed on/off (depending on several factors) in parties until 51, when I got Elemental Staves.

I've been in parties @ 75 where I could easily melee and not effect my parties performance, I mostly don't do it, but sometimes I feel like just having some kicks

I always think of Paladins as the melee healer... cleric type...

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I've seen people try to use DB on Perytons and try to land black magic Sleep and it didn't work. So I'm not sure if the whole wiki blurb is correct or the aftermath just increases the 0% chance to 5%.
    Magic burst also increases magic accuracy, Obviously more tests need to be done to confirm it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    That guy is right, you are overreacting. Even if you had to tank it'll be a last ditch resort, and trust me that won't happen.

I don't think it's an insult, rather maybe it's to open up your "low man activities" or even solo up a little more. Still bitching about campaign? Well here's your bone.

I also recall that Ballista match where the JPs wiped the floor with the NAs in some fanfest or Ballista special event, the JPs used a WHM tank =O. End result was like 50~ - 0
    They aren't overreacting, they are underracting! It will be the end of Vana'diel. The stars and planets will fall from the sky. White Mages will be tanks and Paladins will be healers. Suddenly Galka WHMs will become the dominant force in Vana'diel, and will finally allow the Galkas to rise up and enslave the smaller races. They will force the inferior races to build a great tower from which to rule the land, and atop this tower their ruler will sit on a throne made from the skulls of his enemies while he dispenses his twisted justice to anyone who he perceives to have ever wronged him. It will be a fantastic time to be Atumre.

But seriously, why are people bitching so much about this? At worst, it is something that WHMs will never use. At best it will be rockin' for Campaign and maybe low-man content. You want a JA to give you MP? Sub Scholar and you get a JA and a JA that will give you a spell on steroids. (Oh Dark Arts and Aspir, you are my little secret for a happy MP pool in Dynamis.)

It's not like it is going to be a merited ability that will take away from Shellra V and/or Devotion, it is a freebie. Yes, they could instead spend time working on fixing kings or some other job, they they aren't and bitching isn't going to change their minds. My only hope is that they make some better melee gear for WHMs and RDMs to go along with this buff. (Seriously, would RDM on Homam really kill anyone?)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast