Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

WWing guide to leveling the craft and making ammo for Ranger!

Can I have it Please? saw a garbage one on wiki for making your own ammo to shoot, looking for a better one if their is one floating around

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Don't use guides. Look at the AH, look at the list of things you can make for skillups, figure out what's best for you to do.

While working on my newest mule (cloth), I've been glancing at guides while synthing (it's sooooooooo boring doing 1-60 for like the 4th time now). I swear some of them were written to keep people out of that craft -- horrible skill up choices, terrible advice, good options left out. It makes me snicker that anyone would religiously follow one of them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    I swear some of them were written to keep people out of that craft
    I think I may have made the only guide for cloth that involves red grass. For a 4th mule, yeah you could do it rather painlessly, but it would sure suck for a newb trying to powerlevel

sfauyeilvbasliughaweiu is your best answer

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

when I was doing both leather 30-100 and cloth 0-60 I went on ffxiah.com and found what I thought to be the best path, I then posted it here asking for critiques and info on what I missed. Turns out I had missed quite a few things, so some of the locals recommended a couple potential synths. While they weren't all as useful on Odin as other servers (red moko) people are a LOT more willing to help you if they see you put the effort in first.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also, one big factor is time. Prices change, so potential skillup synths are different from when the guide was written compared to now. I once wrote a guide a couple years back, and random people tell me they're skilling up using my guide, and I just feel sorry for them because the prices are so different that I think it sucks now.