BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lol Internet Explorer

I just came across this on the news page and thought it was funny. Although most of us already knew IE is crap

BBC NEWS | Technology | Serious security flaw found in IE
    Serious security flaw found in IE
    Internet Explorer is used by the vast majority of the world's computer users

Users of the world's most common web browser have been advised to switch to a rival until a serious security flaw has been fixed.

The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.

Microsoft is investigating the problem and preparing an emergency software patch to resolve it, it says.

Internet Explorer is used by the vast majority of the world's computer users.

"Microsoft is continuing its investigation of public reports of attacks against a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer," said the firm in a security advisory alert about the flaw.

Microsoft says it has detected attacks against version seven of the browser - its most widely used edition.

But the company warned that other versions were also potentially vulnerable.

As many as 10,000 websites have been compromised since last week to take advantage of the security flow, said antivirus software maker Trend Micro.

The websites have been mostly serving up programs that steal computer game passwords, but the flaw could be "adopted by more financially motivated criminals", a Trend Micro security researcher said on Monday.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We should all be thankful for the existence of IE. The minute more people start using another browser, the sooner we'll start seeing more attacks on it.

Internet Explorer is used by the vast majority of the world's computer users

Users of the world's most common web browser have been advised to switch to a rival until a serious security flaw has been fixed.

The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.

Microsoft is investigating the problem and preparing an emergency software patch to resolve it, it says.

Internet Explorer is used by the vast majority of the world's computer users.

"Microsoft is continuing its investigation of public reports of attacks against a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer," said the firm in a security advisory alert about the flaw.
    whoever wrote this report is a fucking idiot

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    If you look at the article, I think the first passage is text belonging to a picture lost in copy-paste. Author still managed to mispell "flaw" though
    As many as 10,000 websites have been compromised since last week to take advantage of the security flow, said antivirus software maker Trend Micro.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

nvm i see what you did there

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing but couldn't find the right words without sounding like a complete dick.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Riiight.. when they figure out that Internet Explorer is a standalone serious security flaw, call me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

internet experts say.
    kinda lol'd at this part

IE4 was good though

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The websites have been mostly serving up programs that steal computer game passwords, but the flaw could be "adopted by more financially motivated criminals", a Trend Micro security researcher said on Monday.
    I kinda lol'd at this. People don't realize the kind of money that mmo accounts can get. These criminals are financially motivated, just not in the traditional sense. But yeah lol IE, I'm so glad that my work encourages employees to use firefox.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post

It's disgusting that people know so little on the very topic they report. Also, what's wrong with congress letting legislators who have no knowledge about the internet, computer or technology in general, make laws about these things? (like Ted Stevens)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Badger View Post
    If you look at the article, I think the first passage is text belonging to a picture lost in copy-paste. Author still managed to mispell "flaw" though
    mispell is misspelled

User was infracted for this post.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by zimzy View Post
    mispell is misspelled
    Good I wasn't writing an article for BBC then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Badger View Post
    Good I wasn't writing an article for BBC then.
    Good [thing] I wasn't writing an article for BBC then.

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    We should all be thankful for the existence of IE. The minute more people start using another browser, the sooner we'll start seeing more attacks on it.
    QFMFT, I love the amount to retardation in this thread and only a handful of people posted so far. Also, I use Firefox and IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Neometalrain View Post
    QFMFT, I love the amount to retardation in this thread and only a handful of people posted so far. Also, I use Firefox and IE.
    "I love the amount [of] retardation in this thread"

^_^

Sanoske

lol I was just about to post a link to this. I read the article and was thinking "Uh.... ok? You guys are a bit late to the party."

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neometalrain View Post
    sorry, I'm using IE and Opera lol

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    The difference being MS only patches once a month on a set schedule. Firefox's major issues are generally patched right away.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    The difference being MS only patches once a month on a set schedule. Firefox's major issues are generally patched right away.
    True MS does most of their patching on Patch Tuesday (2nd tues of every month) for numerous reasons, however they do release major (IE: a fix for this exploit) fixes whenever they finalize it. MS is updating more than just a internet browser, and you have no idea how much of a hassle it is to not have a set schedule for updates.