Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL week 16...And we still have no Superbowl favorite.

Really, who is the favorite to win the superbowl at this point. I sure as hell can't pick. Could be any number of teams.

Week 16 THU, DEC 18

Indianapolis at Jacksonville - Indi wins this and takes next week off. Tennessee may be taking next week off too. Something to chew on...if the Colts win the next two and the Titans lost to pitt this weekend, Indi and Tennessee will have the same record and Indi will have a better in-conference record and the same division record. Tiebreaker goes to tennessee, as common opponents goes ahead of conference record. I said at around week 6 or so that I didn't think Tennessee even wins the division after the incredible TN start and terrible indi start. I should have been right if the NFL had their damn tie-breakers right. This Indi team is good, very very good.

SAT, DEC 20

Baltimore at Dallas - Not really confident, as both these teams really need it. When two teams have to pretty much will their way to a win, I usually put stock into the tougher team, which is certainly Baltimore. However, I have this Feeling that Dallas will pull it off.

SUN, DEC 21

Cincinnati at Cleveland - I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T

San Francisco at St. Louis - Niners will get back onto the right track they were on after going through the GAUNTLET that is the Miami Dolphins.

New Orleans at Detroit - Nawlins doesn't have a lot to play for here and Detroit is playing for history. Lions held serve with the Colts on the road for a little while. The New Orleans offense is a dome burner, so not a lot of justification for this choice outside of a feeling....Detroit ends it here.

Pittsburgh at Tennessee - Pitt is rolling through the toughest schedule I think I've ever seen a team play. Ridiculous record. More impressive, imo, than what New England did last year.

Miami at Kansas City - Trap game. None-the-less, Miami makes NO mistakes. Miami, this season, has (or had) the NFL record for the least amount of turnovers through "x" amount of games. To beat this team, you have to damn well earn it, because they aren't going to give it to you.

Arizona at New England - I want to pick Arizona here in the upset, and I feel it's completely possible. Kurt Warner in the cold scares me, but I don't know how well Cassell is going to do either. He hasn't many to measure him on. I'll take the New England running game to win this one.

San Diego at Tampa Bay - San Diego is going to finish what they have to do to put themselves in a position to get to a playoff spot. What happened in KC last week was an act of god and someone really wants them in the playoffs.

Houston at Oakland - Houston is playing well, really well. Oakland is not. Easy formula to solve.

Buffalo at Denver - And Denver will finish blowing what they need to do to wrap up a playoff spot. The last game of the year will be for all the marbles.

NY Jets at Seattle - Jets better finish this one so my dreams of Pennington crushing the Jets hopes in front of the New York fans can come to fruition. Oh how I pray for this scenario.

Atlanta at Minnesota - That defensive line just got a little bit weaker and provided a little bit of a hole for Turner to plow right through. Atlanta will air it out and charge it through to a win and one step closer to the playoffs.

Philadelphia at Washington - As I said last week, Philly is on the cusp of doing something special. They'll roll right through Washington and then go into Dallas with a possible chance at going into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams.

Carolina at NY Giants - I picked a few upsets, but this sure as hell isn't one of them. The Giants have been systematically embarassed the past couple of weeks. That will end and end quickly The last thing that Coughlin will allow to happen is to limp into the playoffs. The Giants step it up this week. And jake throws 8 INTs.

MON, DEC 22

Green Bay at Chicago - Not really confident about this either. I think Green Bay could pull it off, but as it stands now, especially with Green Bay not playing their best football here lately, I'll take Chicago.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How the fuck did Brett Favre make the Pro Bowl? lolAFC QB's?

Gay Ratliff also? How? Witten and Ware? Fuck yes, no way you in hell you leave them off. But Ratliff? Hell no. He benefits from having Ware on the end with 90 sacks already. We could say Jordy Nelson deserves to go because he shows up when Driver and Jennings are taking up double teams down field.

Go Panthers, lol I agree Tyche, Jake will throw 8 interceptions........ in the first half.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

No superbowl favs?

Pitt and NYG go go go.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

You can make that argument, however, Indy beat Pitt on the road during this ridiculous streak they've been on. NYG has been playing like shit (although I don't see that continuing). You could make an argument for Pitt, NYG, Tennessee, Indi, maybe Dallas if they make it. They've been playing pretty tough. Philly will be a tough out if by some slim chance that they make it.

I was at the Jets-Buffalo game last week and I can honestly say that watching JP fucking Losman fumble the ball away has killed football for me for the entire season. I actually felt sick after watching that. At least the Jets fans around me were pretty good natured about picking on me.

Other than that at least I can say that I got to see Brett Favre play live.

edit: but relevant to your predictions, you'd better believe there was a psycological effect on the players. After the game Marshawn Lynch just sat on the bench alone and didn't move for a long time. The defense was PISSED. I wouldn't pick buffalo for the rest of the season if I were you.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I guess you'd have to have a firm understanding of the player mindset. Are they going to come out broken and torn, or are they going to come out fired up and try to save Jauron's job? Save a stupid coaching call and a dumb ass QB, they played a good game. They are professionals, I don't see them mailing it in, especially when they can play spoiler as well as help their coach.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

im not sure how nick folk isnt going hes a beast

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Here are my picks for week 16!

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville - Peyton Manning is on fire. I see this game as being a warm up for them for Tennessee, as they will have a long week to prepare after this game.

Baltimore @ Dallas - Baltimore's defense is brutal, looking at a game very similar to the Pittsburgh Dallas game.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland -

New Orleans @ Detroit - I feel bad for Detroit but they are going defeated this year >.>. Brees has records to break this year in passing yards, and this game will help lol...

Arizona @ New England - AFC East is a good division this year and New England needs this win. Arizona hasn't been very impressive this year unless playing the horrible teams in their own division.

San Francisco @ St. Louis -

San Diego @ Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay needs this to win this to keep there chance of playoffs alive. Tampa Bay has not lost with home field yet this year.

Miami @ Kansas City - AFC east yada yada, yeah Miami is playing good and KC is a joke.

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee - Pittsburgh's defense seems unstoppable and it keeps winning games for them. I don't see Tennessee's so so offense getting to many points off of them. The team that is able to move the ball will win this game.

Buffalo @ Denver - nothing to say besides LOLBuffalo

NY Jets @ Seattle - AFC east so 'n so again, this division is going to come down to week 17.

Houston @ Oakland - Houston has a confidence boost right now and have won their last 4 games, I see them finishing the regular season off strong.

Atlanta @ Minnesota - Atlanta's #1 rush offense against Vikings #1 rush defense, it should be interesting. I don't think Atlanta will be able to stop Adrian Peterson, and Vikings are playing in the Metrodome.

Philadelphia @ Washington - McNabb is playing outstanding now, benching him seemed to bring him back to reality.

Carolina @ NY Giants - Giants at home they need a redemption game. I think they will get it, Carolina will not run against the giants at home.

Green Bay @ Chicago - Green Bay always puts on a good show on Monday nights. GB fans are loosing faith in Aaron Rodgers, I think he will step up here. This is going to be a very exciting Monday night game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I guess you'd have to have a firm understanding of the player mindset. Are they going to come out broken and torn, or are they going to come out fired up and try to save Jauron's job? Save a stupid coaching call and a dumb ass QB, they played a good game. They are professionals, I don't see them mailing it in, especially when they can play spoiler as well as help their coach.
    I don't think it's Jauron so much as the offensive coordinator. Lee Evans has been pissed for a while about the offense the way it's been running for the past few games. I mean we had a 2.3 ypa last game, that's sad, Lee might as well have not been on the field. The game before that we rushed the ball a mere 12 times despite having our backup QB in the game and one of the best post-contact rushers in the league.

Yeah the bonehead call at the end was Jauron, and yeah the players like him, but some comments after the game suggested to me that they won't play lights out specifically for him when he was the direct cause of an extremely dissappointing loss. The players like to win too. And yeah I think they'll play hard and be professional, but mentally I don't think they're in a good place because of last week.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It's not Jauron, Jauron is a great coach...however, they don't fire o. coordinators, they fire the coach and his staff goes out with him. Whether it's his fault or not is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    It's not Jauron, Jauron is a great coach...however, they don't fire o. coordinators, they fire the coach and his staff goes out with him. Whether it's his fault or not is irrelevant.
    True enough, I'm a Jauron fan, and I like the way he coaches, but he's despised in Buffalo from what I read. If they fire him it'll strictly be to please the fans, and the coaching carousel in Buffalo will continue ad infinitum. From what I'm reading now the decision to pass was Jauron overriding Turk Schonert's call for a run. It might just be him taking a bullet for his O. Coordinator, but it still focused the anger on him, justified or not, and the players are on record as being displeased with the call.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    How the fuck did Brett Favre make the Pro Bowl? lolAFC QB's?

Gay Ratliff also? How? Witten and Ware? Fuck yes, no way you in hell you leave them off. But Ratliff? Hell no. He benefits from having Ware on the end with 90 sacks already. We could say Jordy Nelson deserves to go because he shows up when Driver and Jennings are taking up double teams down field.

Go Panthers, lol I agree Tyche, Jake will throw 8 interceptions........ in the first half.
    Ratliff plays a good part of our defense, 7 sacks in a 3-4 defense that alternates nose guards is really good imo, its arguable if thats probowl worthy but he is a good nose tackle thats for sure, alot of defensive ends in 4-3's dont even have 4 sacks. DeMarcus Ware is probably my favorite player in the NFL, he has a chance to break the sack record this year. oh and he's the jesus of linebacker hybrid's.

Also mel folk wont go to the pro bowl because his weak ass cant kick a fucking touch back and hanst in 3 season's, please at least pay attention to the players if your going to be a fan of a team ;/ He's a good field goal kicker yes, but a pro bowl kicker has got to be able to kick a fucking touch back.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rydir View Post
    Green Bay @ Chicago - Green Bay always puts on a good show on Monday nights. GB fans are loosing faith in Aaron Rodgers, I think he will step up here. This is going to be a very exciting Monday night game.
    If GB fans are losing faith in 26 total touchdowns to 11 INTs Aaron Rodgers, they are retarded. Aaron Rodgers isn't on the field giving up a 85 yard drive with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter to give up the lead in every game over the past month. He's not letting Drew Brees throw for 450 yards and 5 TDs.

Putting the Packers failures at his feet is retarded. He's a top-7 QB in the NFL -at worst-

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Manning, Brady, Romo, Roethlisberger, Brees, Mcnabb, E. Manning

Giving you Warner, Cutler and Rivers, he's top 8... AT BEST

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'd say Palmer is better than at least 3 of those, if not more.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Technically Top 7 this year as Brady isn't QBing for anyone. D: That and Palmer hasn't played in ages. Going off past experiences, then yes. Brady and Palmer are there and Rodgers would be ~Top 10.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Fuck, I did forget Palmer. But he didn't say "This year" he just said "in the NFL".

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh, okay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Manning
    Brady
    Romo
    Brees
    Burger
    Palmer
    McNabb
    E. Manning
    Cutler
    Orton
    Rivers
    Rodgers

How I would put it it personaly, but mebbe Im crazy for the last few pretty much a toss up.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'd switch Palmer and Ben, he usually hasn't had to throw more than 25 times a game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast