Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Cobain View Post
    now put it in your mog locker and upgrade excalibur!
    EAT SHIT SYLVRDRAGON

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I still want Death Penalty

We gotta spread the word about these sucking to crash Alex prices.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lets just say for a moment that this is the case for this weapon and not all others. Maybe other weapons get other effects first and what not. The way i look at it is even if PLD is spamming Attonment at 100%, they are getting a +ACC trait and now able to hit HNMs better and get TP easier to use Attonment more and do more dmg / keep hate better.

Point is, SE has stated before that these weapons wont be as strong as RoZ Relics. This sword is going to be a good tanking sword, or if you want to think about it like this, the Aegis of swords. I dont think anyone thought it would be better then Excal for DD. It is still your best tank sword out there so i dont see why people are bitching so much about it for PLD DD. I can understand bitching in fear of others being crappy DD wise like this, but maybe their aftermath is different

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    We gotta spread the word about these sucking to crash Alex prices.
    This. I'm certainly not paying out what I was before now that this info is out...

ok, it's obvious that text is misleading.

NOW, super sleuths your next task. How should it read? In the confines of that small, PS2 limited text box. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    rofl at the people who say that this makes burtgang a hauteclaire+1
    If it provides less hate keeping ability through less TP gain(atonement spam) than joytoy, gives no magic damage % down for aegis plds (whom are already capped), why would it not be simply a haut+1?

You keep less hate with it.

You do less damage with it.

It's slightly more useful than haut with /nin.

The emnity on it provides less hate increase over time than the damage from a fuck level 70 NM in SSG.

Situationally useful on mobs you dont want to feed TP.

This isnt a "bad" sword. But as a said before this is NOT relic material. It is NOT what the description said it was. And before you guys respond with "lol dont expect unrealistic things", the entire playerbase read it this way, and invested ALOT of effort/gil based on these descriptions.

I do get a bit extravagant ringthree, but this isnt overreacting. These mythics were the new "goal" for alot of the endgame community that need something to work towards. With this new information, the melee weapons will most likely get outparsed by any of the current AH weapons, and burtgang will provide marginal improvement over hauteclair, at 5 times the price and 50x the effort.

@ Ringthree's "what did you expect neo, usu body isnt going to make you a god either". That is a different story. I dont expect usu body to change my DoT more than 1-2%. I just get annoyed that there are NMs in this game that people can camp for almost 2 YEARS and still not get a drop off of. That isnt rewarding hard work or taking care of your player base.

The mythics are a joke. If you removed the alex requirement they would be decent weapons for the amount of work, but as it stands they are a HUGE fucking waste of time/effort and I am very dissapointed in the amount of work ive put into another cock block by SE.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMoragan View Post
    This. I'm certainly not paying out what I was before now that this info is out...
    1k max!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    If it provides less hate keeping ability through less TP gain(atonement spam) than joytoy, gives no magic damage % down for aegis plds (whom are already capped), why would it not be simply a haut+1?
    Err... Burt has -Physical, not -damage. So it won't give any magic damage % down for non-aegis PLDs either..

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Dohorehn View Post
    ok, it's obvious that text is misleading.

NOW, super sleuths your next task. How should it read? In the confines of that small, PS2 limited text box. GO!
    Depends if all weapons will behave the same or not.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but PLDs use joytoy now? On HNMs?

yea, to spam atonement as neo said

Eat sushi, use joytoy, spam atonement every minute. Outparse half the DDs and utilize the best new hate tool since sliced cheese.

I honestly don't see a problem with the weapons as far as damage goes if you only need to save 300 TP once every 2 minutes (easy with 50%+ DA rate no??), it should out damage RoZ relics if that's the case. As far as effort/reward though; it's SE, what the fuck do you expect?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
    Point is, SE has stated before that these weapons wont be as strong as RoZ Relics.
    They also said they would be easier to obtain. Considering how far from the truth that is people didn't put much weight in the comment about mythic weapon power vs relic, and then when the stats were printed figured that it people thought the stats would be in line with the actual difficulty in obtaining them.

Now as far as people saying they're quitting over this, I wouldn't do that myself because of the time invested...I'll probably be playing FFXI till it shuts down... but I've certainly lost a lot of faith in SE and don't feel like buying anything put out by them in the future.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by onisama View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. WTF to the people at the fanfest, are they all rank 5 puppetmasters?
    First off, all of the people who messed with GAXE and H2H (Including myself) saw things that didn't make any sense:

GAXE with LV1 Aftermath gave +50 Attack while the H2H mythic received NO ATTACK BONUS from LV1 Aftermath. Most of us assumed that the H2H Mythic was broken.

Second of all, it was very difficult to test the weapons out thoroughly due to the fact that mobs in "The Swarm" were dying in 1-2 hits (Mobs had paper thin defense and an uncapped pdif). My friend and I went back multiple times for testing and waited the whole time for the Adamantoise mob since it had normal defense, but it only showed up two times in the 5 minutes of the BC. Also, there is the fact the party was receiving random buffs which increased TP and things often happen so quickly that the results get skewed. At one point I thought you could stack 2x Lv1 Aftermaths to get Lv2 but after further review it was simply the fact that I had Lv1 up, and then WS'd at 100% while receiving a +100% TP party buff which gave me 200% creating the Lv2.

Even though the event gave us some insight on the Mythics beforehand, "The Swarm" was a really terrible testing environment so please cut us some slack.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Eat sushi, use joytoy, spam atonement every minute. Outparse half the DDs and utilize the best new hate tool since sliced cheese.
    >_>

<_<

Who in their right mind hates sliced cheese? D:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thats new to me too >_> But in Neo's defense, he isn't doing HNMs (anymore?). At some HNM i can clearly tell (from the whm point of view)) if the PLD used tacos or sushi. I wouldnt use joytoy for most of our setups.

Darkrift

Jebus. How a about a little more thanks for the information, and congrats on completing it.

and less Q fucking Q.

sell your alex and start buying jades/silvers quick neo =)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

If it doesn't counter... I do. Atonement really made it a viable option.

Lets arbitrarily pick level 95 mob... It's the highest one on Kanican's emnity table.

Atonement damage caps at 750. After being TA'ed once, and one flash, maybe a JA, you'll typically be at the cap.

CE= 1.250 (based on mob level) * 750 (damage)
    VE= 3.750 (based on mob level) * 750 (damage)

Total gains:
    CE = 937
    VE= 2812

Before taking into account +Emnity gear... which PLDs should be Atonementing in...

Flash gives 180 CE, 1280 VE... Atonement is significantly more emnity than a flash.

This Emnity gain is more than the emnity on the Mach+1. If I'm /NIN, sometimes I'll use Joyeuse and will eat sushi to hold hate.