+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Neo, at fanfest people were given characters that were /war and some characters /nin with KC, that's why they couldn't really test it well.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Actually, they're not as bad off, considering the DA will always be level 3 and you'll never want to go beyond lvl 2 (Macc or Mab.)
    The mage relics (Blm/Sch/Smn) were already terrible. At least before, I had expected to at least Icarus wing and hope the DA helps me keep up the TP. Now you have to pick one of the bonuses, and if you don't you still do less damage? I'm tired of using these same fucking staves for 5 years SE. Is it so fucking hard to just make a weapon that's fucking better? Lemme say it again for any SE executives reading the thread.

Elemental staves will out damage a fully upgraded BLM mythic weapon, please fix this.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    The mage relics (Blm/Sch/Smn) were already terrible. At least before, I had expected to at least Icarus wing and hope the DA helps me keep up the TP. Now you have to pick one of the bonuses, and if you don't you still do less damage? I'm tired of using these same fucking staves for 5 years SE. Is it so fucking hard to just make a weapon that's fucking better? Lemme say it again for any SE executives reading the thread.

Elemental staves will out damage a fully upgraded BLM mythic weapon, please fix this.

The execs read the thread? :O

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    The execs read the thread? :O
    Can't I pretend they do?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I hope it's a Burtang only thing, because that sword is already awesome without the aftermath.
    There's still a BLU sword out there basically done to be able to test with another weapon.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

That's pretty disappointing. At least Burtgang has other stats that are good enough to make up for the shittiness of the whole Aftermath thing.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now Jackyl needs to test the enmity less reduction.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If the aftermath works like this for the 2-handed mythics, this is utter utter fail for them. MNK, NIN, and THF Mythics might not be bad though. MNK can save 300TP and DA constantly. NIN and THF have WSs that aren't horrible and they can eat Meat with the Acc boost now.

Then again, we have to remember some things:
    1) These are tests on one mythic weapon, they happen to be a pretty decent order for PLDs wearing tanking gears vs. HNMs. Isn't like they'll be eating Mads so they can hit. Who knows if they're the same on each job?
    2) He hasn't completely cleared the quest yet. It seems unnecessarily difficult to put this particular set of aftermaths in the game if they intended on changing them after another CS, but I wouldn't put it past SE at all.
    3) At least the WAR Mythic in the Fanfest event had very much different aftereffects than this.

Lampoon

How many 'drite dupes did it take to finish it? :D

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    No, no

Fuck you, you are not quitting.

Fuck you.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

cg Jackyl, thanks for the info and video

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    No, no

Fuck you, you are not quitting.

Fuck you.
    If this turns out to be true across the mythics, would you blame him?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Some interesting information Jackyl. Thanks for posting. Somewhat disappointing overall but we'll have to see more testing. Congrats again Cutaru!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    If this turns out to be true across the mythics, would you blame him?
    Seeing how it would be the second time he did it; yes, I would.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Something to consider (kinda sorta maybe, in b4flamewar), the Aftermath effect may not be complete? If the quest isn't totally complete yet, then maybe the weapon isn't? Maybe You'll be able to have all 3 on after the final (?) quest is finished. /hopes&prays for our sake of doing that many Znm's. jk<3Jack

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Jackyl did say that the full quest isn't 'complete' maybe there might be something more that has to be done to maybe improve it further. ie. aftermath effects actually being good.

edit: beaten lol

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If the aftermath works like this for the 2-handed mythics, this is utter utter fail for them. MNK, NIN, and THF Mythics might not be bad though. MNK can save 300TP and DA constantly. NIN and THF have WSs that aren't horrible and they can eat Meat with the Acc boost now.

Then again, we have to remember some things:
    1) These are tests on one mythic weapon, they happen to be a pretty decent order for PLDs wearing tanking gears vs. HNMs. Isn't like they'll be eating Mads so they can hit. Who knows if they're the same on each job?
    2) He hasn't completely cleared the quest yet. It seems unnecessarily difficult to put this particular set of aftermaths in the game if they intended on changing them after another CS, but I wouldn't put it past SE at all.
    3) At least the WAR Mythic in the Fanfest event had very much different aftereffects than this.
    First, thanks for the testing Jackyl, it really starts to put some questions that were raised at Fan Fest to rest. One thing I can say though...I do remember at Fan Fest, I used the Glanzfaust and WS'd at 100% and saw no increase in Attack. It simply could be that the Lv1 and Lv2 aftermath effects are interchangeable depending on 1h and 2h weapons. Since 2H weapons already see an improvement in accuracy, then it could be possible that accuracy would be the secondary aftermath effect, while 1h weapons would receive accuracy first and attack second with all having the 3rd level with double attack rate.

To Jackyl:
    The Last CS to finish the quest should be in the Imperial Palace. They will want to take back the weapon and store it back in its rightful place, but they decide that since you went thru all of that you should be able to keep it. I have the .dat Dialog saved somewhere i'll look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    whilst

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If this is how all weapons are going to be, this is incredibly disappointing.