+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

1981 killing of Adam Walsh solved

Police: '81 killing of Adam Walsh solved - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

A serial killer who died more than a decade ago is the person who decapitated the 6-year-old son of "America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh in 1981, Florida police said Tuesday.

The announcement brought to a close a case that has haunted the Walsh family for more than two decades, launched the television show about the nation's most notorious criminals and inspired changes in how authorities search for missing children.

"Who could take a 6-year-old and murder and decapitate him? Who?" John Walsh said at Tuesday's news conference. "We needed to know. We needed to know. And today we know. The not knowing has been a torture, but that journey's over."
    The suspect, Ottis Toole, had twice confessed to killing the child, but later recanted. He claimed responsibility for hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle confessed on his deathbed in prison that he killed Adam.

Police said Toole was long the prime suspect in the case and that they had conclusively linked him to the killing. They declined to be specific about their evidence and noted they had no DNA proof of the crime, but said an extensive review of the case file pointed only to Toole, as John Walsh long contended.
    If this is all true, then this is pretty big news to at least me when you consider what came of this murder. John Walsh changed a good number of things in this country as a result of this one man's actions. I do wish I knew a little more about how they actually came to the conclusion finally though.

Ridill
    BG Level

america's most wanted has helped bring in over 1000 dangerous criminals. some could have, and would have killed more people if they were not captured. the question is...If you were given a time machine, and told you had to choose between stopping the boy from being killed, or let things stay the way they are.. what would you do? dundundunnn

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It's not only that, if you read the article, it states that there's been countless advancements in police technologies and procedures to deal with lost children and many more things such as the sex offender registry. Hell, if you ever worked retail in a big store, you'd be familiar with Code Adam which originated from the kidnapping of this child in which the stores completely shut down all exits when a parent reports their child missing in an attempt to stop potential kidnappers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Save the boy and murder a different one!

WHO CARES THAT SHOW SUCKED.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    WHO CARES THAT SHOW SUCKED.
    It's still on every Saturday! What's with this WAS stuff!

You are a one man spam machine~ Goooooo~

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    america's most wanted has helped bring in over 1000 dangerous criminals. some could have, and would have killed more people if they were not captured. the question is...If you were given a time machine, and told you had to choose between stopping the boy from being killed, or let things stay the way they are.. what would you do? dundundunnn
    I'd hijack it and do something more interesting.

Why bother doing history alteration when you can wrestle a velociraptor?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'd go back in time to the age of the Dinosaurs so I could watch then help the biblical folks build their homes and sow their fields.

Feielle

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Why bother doing history alteration when you can wrestle a velociraptor?
    I think this would actually be doing both at the same time.

I'd go back in time, daterape a woman, make everyone believe it was immaculate conception, and start Christianity a hundred years before the days of Jesus.

Man, that'd fuck some shit up, eh?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru View Post
    I'd go back in time, daterape a woman, make everyone believe it was immaculate conception, and start Christianity a hundred years before the days of Jesus.

Man, that'd fuck some shit up, eh?

You and I both.

And we could live to be 900 years old and collect animals and pass it off as fact! We wouldnt have to worry about Dinosaurs because you know, they never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    It's still on every Saturday! What's with this WAS stuff!

You are a one man spam machine~ Goooooo~
    :3

I had no clue it was still on, lmao. I thought it went down the drain with Hard Copy and Rescue 911.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Feielle View Post
    I think this would actually be doing both at the same time.
    Only if you wrestle raptor jesus.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

let him die. he was destined to die, and fucking with the past can be bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This thread took a really interesting turn. Wrestling raptors, raptor Jesus, altering the past and religious bashing all in about 10 posts. That's some crazy shit.

Ridill
    BG Level

I suppose I should take the blame for asking a hypothetical question when I knew the answers would be anything but the question.

anyways, how exactly did they solve the case? I didn't see it said anywhere.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I suppose I should take the blame for asking a hypothetical question when I knew the answers would be anything but the question.

anyways, how exactly did they solve the case? I didn't see it said anywhere.
    The guy originally confessed about 10 years ago but recanted then he decided that he would go to heaven if he admitted it, so while dying he told his sister I believe and she apparently chose now to come forward with it?

Why sit on it for so long is my question.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, I saw he said it on his deathbed, but I figured that wasnt the proof since it was so long ago. wtf at the girl holding that info for that long. Isn't that like a crime? knowingly withholding information = interfering with an investigation or something?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

yeah, I saw he said it on his deathbed, but I figured that wasnt the proof since it was so long ago. wtf at the girl holding that info for that long. Isn't that like a crime? knowingly withholding information = interfering with an investigation or something?
    Not unless you're on the witness stand.