Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 LastLast

Thread: MMM findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So has anyone been spamming Shadhavar? Wiki has bullwhip listed as a drop but needs confirmation, doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people who reached t4 so far.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Fottiti View Post
    So has anyone been spamming Shadhavar? Wiki has bullwhip listed as a drop but needs confirmation, doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people who reached t4 so far.
    Pretty sure its just some garbage that someone tossed up there after a few FFXIAH pages got trolled (like Goading Belt). If t4 follows t3 drops there will be 1 armor (Arcane Robe) and 1 weapon (Ferus Algol) so it should not have a slot for the belt to drop.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For Tier II-III have people used a Manaburn, Mix and Match, or pure melee set up?

Used melee burn so far for T3/T2. Bring a blm for golem incase he uses manafont (and absorbs all melee from that point).

Quote Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
    Pretty sure its just some garbage that someone tossed up there after a few FFXIAH pages got trolled (like Goading Belt). If t4 follows t3 drops there will be 1 armor (Arcane Robe) and 1 weapon (Ferus Algol) so it should not have a slot for the belt to drop.
    Not that I'd be the least bit surprised if it was fake, but the logic here is terrible. Why would you assume t4 would follow the same pattern as t3 when it's already so blatantly different?

Win 1 t1, get t2.
    Win 1 t2, get t3.
    Oh look it changed.

Also, generally, final boss type things generally drop more/etc. See: every other event in the game except dynamis perhaps.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Win 1 t1, get t2.
    Win 1 t2, get t3.
    Oh look it changed.
    I don't see how pointing out how to progress through the tiers has to do with how I based the t4 boss' unique drops off the NMs in 2 other mazes.

To the best of my knowledge none of the bosses off Liquidation Team or Revitalization Team can drop more than 2 of the unique items, so I could see the pattern continuing. Until someone can show the belt dropping off t4 I am saying the wiki info about the belt is about as true as paralyzed weapon skills.

Could I be wrong and there are more drops available to t4 boss? Sure, but MMM seems to follow a very simple pattern so I took guess at the drop pool.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
    I don't see how pointing out how to progress through the tiers has to do with how I based the t4 boss' unique drops off the NMs in 2 other mazes.

To the best of my knowledge none of the bosses off Liquidation Team or Revitalization Team can drop more than 2 of the unique items, so I could see the pattern continuing. Until someone can show the belt dropping off t4 I am saying the wiki info about the belt is about as true as paralyzed weapon skills.

Could I be wrong and there are more drops available to t4 boss? Sure, but MMM seems to follow a very simple pattern so I took guess at the drop pool.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't trust much of anything until I see actual confirmation. I just think the logic you are using is terrible.

Ein seems to follow a very simple pattern: you rarely get an abjuration, unless you get a sheep, then you get it more often.
    Limbus seems to follow a very simple pattern: you get coins and AF+1 materials every floor/zone.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Looking for party setup informationfor the all the T3 fights. Only tried the Corse so far.

Did all the T1 and T2 with BLMx6 with average kill of 4-7mins a mob.

About to start on T3 and BLMx6 setup didn't work very well on the Corse. Got it to just below 50% before timeout.
    also tried SMNx4,BLM,RDM which failed badly. DrainII seems to be the biggest issue.

What is the best setup?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Info on Hippo:
    High Triple Attack Rate (Makes him appear to have a high attack rate)
    Starts off with Aero III + Silence, but changes to Aeroga III + Aero IV after 50%
    Hits for roughly 200 DMG to DRG + 100 DMG Enspell (Assuming wind)
    RDM couldn't land gravity
    HIGH evasion

We got him to 15% without items or 2hrs using DRG RDM BRD DNC NIN SAM.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Our group finally got a win on T3 corse using the following set up, hope someone finds this helpful~

mnk/war *3 (ate sushi)
    smn/rdm
    rdm/drk
    brd/whm

-used 3 CC points to get temp items
    -brd kept SV on and double minuets
    -smn used perfect defense before the pull
    - rdm/drk did chainstun once PD wore
    - smn used PD again after chainstun wore (convert to get full mp back)
    - mnks did hundred fists *2 and just spammed ws
    - mnks also had holy water incase of stray en-doom during chainstun

if its not dead by the time the 2nd PD is over rdm does a 2nd chainstun

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Any info on the dragon?

Dragon is easiest of the tier 3s (I haven't fought corse but everyone else said its harder than skoll).

2-3 Melee/nin, brd, 2 healers and a stunner (stunner can be a drk or blm if you go with 2 DD, alternatively bring 3 non-drk DD and use brd/drk). It has all the normal dragon tp moves so keep it silenced, 2 sams using gekko kept it silenced most of the time with rdm casting silence from time to time. Make sure mages don't pull hate since body slam can hit hard, other slam move causes para but does weak damage though they both take 2-3 shadows. Stunning chaos blade makes the fight a bit safer but is by no means necessary. Petro eyes requires stona.

DDs with high WS:TP ratio will work best since dread spikes increases as hp gets lower. When it uses blood weapon fight is easier since it doesn't tp during it and with slow/elegy/para was easy enough to keep shadows up with hasso on.

We used 3CC since we had plenty saved up but its necessary at all, lost 1 fight out of 6 because blm kept spamming nukes and it body slammed mages.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Good to hear he's easy. Is it worth nuking him at all or just have the BLM ready for stun?

More info on Hippo: We've beaten him a few times and we noticed he has a combo of Jetturra > Fantoid > Hoof Valley (5k+ DMG). However, he only uses the other two moves if his Jettura lands.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you have the jobs, skip melee entirely.

5BLM/NIN + RDM/WHM is an easy clear, even if the rdm gets petrified, but face away and it's no problem.

M03, INT MP Reso, MAB HP and w/e you want normal. Dragon killer nice to have.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    If you have the jobs, skip melee entirely.

5BLM/NIN + RDM/WHM is an easy clear, even if the rdm gets petrified, but face away and it's no problem.

M03, INT MP Reso, MAB HP and w/e you want normal. Dragon killer nice to have.
    Do bind/gravity land? Would a SCH work instead of a BLM?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Do bind/gravity land? Would a SCH work instead of a BLM?
    Gravity for sure, didn't need to bind. SCH would work as well, 1SCH 4BLM RDM probably better even.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bind didn't work on dragon, /RDM didn't seem to have issues with Grav. Slow/Para/Blind/Silence/Poison generally unresisted.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Good to hear he's easy. Is it worth nuking him at all or just have the BLM ready for stun?

More info on Hippo: We've beaten him a few times and we noticed he has a combo of Jetturra > Fantoid > Hoof Valley (5k+ DMG). However, he only uses the other two moves if his Jettura lands.
    Had Hoof Volley land for 8.6k on a WAR. It was pretty hilarious, but we still won. You can dispel Fantod before Hoof Volley lands to make it drastically less dangerous.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just if anyone was wondering what happens when you fight Skoll on 100% full moon...

Still won, but seeing it go from ~9% to 50% kinda sucked.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We tried the dragon a few days ago and he started to resist after a few gravities. For us, that proved to be a fatal near the end of both runs (One run we won with me kiting the dragon around the four pillars until time out, but on my run only the BLM was up since the RDM died without RR and I already burned my RR only to get hit by body slam).