Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: MMM findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    I'm pretty sure when I checked the mobs last night I recieved "Decent Challenge" and "Tough." So...I don't know about them checking as NMs. Although after 8 runs in a row i was asleep anyway so I dont remember it completely.
    i checked the mobs when we just did a synth one. They conned ITG. And i can confirm that maze holder/party leader has no affect on level of mobs...b/c we used a level 1 char and they hit pretty hard to lvl75. we thought they were going to be easy and werent prepared/buffed and a couple of us almost died as we tried to solo before we knew wtf was going on.

we still ended up winning both. got double drop on second one. 35 marbles each. it appears to ask for synths based on the maze starter's highest craft...first was a 100 bone, 2nd 100 cooking (me)...first one asked for maze monger earring with bone synth stuff, second maze monger soup with (obviously) cooking stuff. no fails. i'm assuming when you choose to synth as a group it takes into account everyone's crafting levels (and possibly gives skillups to everyone). i'm guessing if u go in with someone near capped that this maze is easier since i'd guess failure rate would be lower.

as for drop rate, i'd say it's higher than 20% regardless...although i know some folks that have done like 6 in a row with no drops. i've seen about as many double drops as i have singles so i dont know if that means w/e the rate is...you have about 50% more chance to get another...maybe not quite that high, but i've done about 25-30 runs now. i've seen at least 4 double drops out of that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Septimus,
    Outside the regular dat we both know of that lists the runes (219/86), the rest seem to be as you say in their own table that pebbles apparently cannot read. I checked after you sent that PM to me and I couldn't find any specific separate table that has all of the runes/vouchers, but I found a bunch of large .dat files that would indicate item data listings but couldn't be read.
    I also went through scores of files yesterday and found a ton of unreadable ones as well. (They could be anything though.) Hopefully someone with some expertise with how the file formats work (and maybe a way to search them) can shed some more light on this for us.

Seriously, anyone? I don't want us to have to enter all of those by hand. >_<

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just received 200 k from the MMM npc, I checked wiki , nothing , and no one seems to mention it in the thread. Anyone know why I got so much money ? All I did yesterday was go in solo as soon as the servers came up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Mirinika View Post
    I just received 200 k from the MMM npc, I checked wiki , nothing , and no one seems to mention it in the thread. Anyone know why I got so much money ? All I did yesterday was go in solo as soon as the servers came up.
    Maybe you lost money the first time and it was returned to you?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Maybe you lost money the first time and it was returned to you?
    I'm pretty sure I would've notice a 200 k difference in my wallet.

shhhh

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Merry Christmas?

Banned.

BG Level

Does the shop ever change its merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Has anyone beat a boss voucher yet?
    Did both Materialization & Liquidation last night.

On the boss floor we had only placed one of the original 2 runes, and a Divine rune on our map, we ended up getting a beefed up Light Ele we took down with rana > gekko combos and magic bursts. We only recieved 11 marbles for this and no rune drop =\

For materialization, I placed the Guidance Contract & Sustenance Contract runes. We received one synth order at first, was a sticky pouch, basically everyone split up hitting every mining/harvesting/logging point in the zone until we were full, turned out that for our synth we needed some other stuff that mobs dropped. Killed two Gnats (very squishy to SAM) they dropped this shining ??? which after clicking gives u temp items for synthing, disappeared after like 2 or 3 clicks.
    We went back, synthed as a group the first order. Went back to first goby, accepted it. Then got another order, Maze Monger Soup, this time tho, an ingrediant was a sticky pouch, so we had to synth another (luckily we still had enough synth mat's after first) we did as a group, and then synthed the Soup as a group. Turned in, won, 35 Marbles, 2 Runes, I think Divine & Supreme Might ( which we tried on a Sanitation run).

Thats about it for last night. Tonight we might get more people the synthing voucher so we can start stacking marbles quickly.

Oh & other Tabula's seem to give harder mobs me thinks, we had Malboro & Wivre's on one run with a new tabula, got 1940 xp off chest.

Above Post: After buying first title available, I didn't receive anymore options on equipment yet. Possibly haven't added anything.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I know there's not much data yet, but doesn't it sound like rune drop rate is pretty high on Materialization? At least, higher than the default one you start with.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticnugget View Post
    as for drop rate, i'd say it's higher than 20% regardless...although i know some folks that have done like 6 in a row with no drops. i've seen about as many double drops as i have singles so i dont know if that means w/e the rate is...you have about 50% more chance to get another...maybe not quite that high, but i've done about 25-30 runs now. i've seen at least 4 double drops out of that
    sorry, just to clarify, this rate is overall for me...i've only done the synth one 2x (one dropped nothing, other dropped 2x rune), all of the other runs were the voucher 01 kill everything runs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just did a run. PLD/NIN SCH BRD DRG RDM SAM

Maze Tabula M02, Maze Rune 07, 109, and 108. We got ported to Ghoyus' Reverie and we fought an Earth Elemental NM named Tellus. Was a pretty simple fight; I just kept stoneskin/phalanx/barstone up and nuked it. Got 0 exp from it, no drops, and 1 marble. :/

Just an FYI to everyone.

LIQUIDATION-! The bosses do NOT scale down in level. I went in with a level 1 and 10 mule and the Elemental was definitely still ITG to my 75 pld. Had to compass out.

EDIT:
    Said ITG, but what I mean is, it was definitely IT or IT++. Elemental melee hits to well geared PLD/WAR for 90-200 dmg. Shield bashed a quake and it still hit me for 1200+ (survived and comassed out).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We still need to know if for those mazes it scales to the highest member or simply does not scale.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    We still need to know if for those mazes it scales to the highest member or simply does not scale.

It depends on the maze. Default maze makes all the mobs according to the entrant's level, the others seem to put mobs at the highest level.

I just purchased a Lizard Rune and decided to try placing it down onto Voucher 7. It seems I cannot place demon, but I can in fact place Lizards. Odd? @,@ Adamantoise is a "Lizard" family mob though. I'll find out tomorrow night.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So what determines the zone used? Vouchers? Has anyone been taken to Ruhotz Silvermines because it hasn't come up in this thread that I've yet seen.

Materialization

Just did the synthing one with a japanese crafter, apparently their maze pearls work and actually display what's missing in the synth, so the need 3000 chocobo bedding, simple beds etc must be a NA client bug. (Oh yeah we won it this time.)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Was 1 Item short of completing a synthesis MMM run. Some random notes

Psetsu (Green thingy) / Lizard : Lizard Craft
    Crawler / Harvesting : Clothcraft
    Harvesting : Bonecraft
    Crab : Alchemy
    Spider : Clothcraft
    Manta : Alchemy

That's all I remember. It's best to kill mobs that relate to the items that u need to save time. We also split up into 2 groups, 1 for each room and constant communication. 5/6 of the members were on Vent.

Edit : Woot, just won at second crafting path and found tin ore in the chest. Got 35 Marbles for win!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMoragan View Post
    I just purchased a Lizard Rune and decided to try placing it down onto Voucher 7. It seems I cannot place demon, but I can in fact place Lizards. Odd? @,@ Adamantoise is a "Lizard" family mob though. I'll find out tomorrow night.
    I'm just gonna guess Adamantoise may drop Koggelmander. Since Lizards kill Vermins and Koggelmander has Vermin Killer.