Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 128 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: MMM findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm 1/1 on Ermine's Tail with : M03, Great Warrior (on earth), Beast, Might, Supreme Might, Dark magic (on dark), BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    I'm 1/1 on Ermine's Tail with : M03, Great Warrior (on earth), Beast, Might, Supreme Might, Dark magic (on dark), BLM.
    A friend in my MMM group went 1/2 I think with this exact setup plus L&F, although 0 for about a half-dozen beforehand with that minus SM. Did you have L&F?

Edit: I don't think Dark Magic was resonating though, for his, only GW.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sorry, yes with L&F also.^^

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

it getting sad to find people to do MMM for you, and they get nothing, and omgwtf droprates..........

is is true that you can still get drops even w/o M or SM?

i rather get lower drop rate than asking for help all over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even with M+SM the drop rate can be pathetically low.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

but its possible to get drops w/o M and SM?

i dont mind low rate man, at least i can grind myself rather than grinding /tells and HOPE for friends to say "yes" (which mainly they dont even bother to reply these days)

tbh, i believe for everyone that dont do MMM, everything >>>>>>>>>>>> MMM for since they get nothing lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have already seen a Mamool Ja Earring drop without Supreme Might but only Might.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    do you have Great Warrior on Earth slot on tabula 03? and also I'd try changing healing magic to force of will.
    Yes sorry I forgot to mention great warrior is resonating on earth.

Changing healing magic to force of will? Guess I can try that; mob will actually be easier...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    I have already seen a Mamool Ja Earring drop without Supreme Might but only Might.
    yea my koggelmander also got form M only :D

now just need to know if it dorps w/o both

M Bunny can still pwn me if i 3 box brd + rdm + pld(or nin or drk) if it unleash a claw at the wrong time

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Arthars let me go with u when u 3box so I can leech a Koogelmander

Durden

0/93 Koggel

Its gonna drop at #100

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Out of probably a dozen and a half runs at LEAST, this map has yielded two koggelmanders, interestingly within two days of each other. Thinking about adding "Stillness" in an effort to get a mamool ja earring, but a set member insists that's suicide with our setup.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...tsetupever.jpg

Anyone tried BLU/THF (with Cannonball) on a buffed-up Tanihwa? I've been using Mind Blast with a MND build, and that's usually fairly effective (Burst Affinity/Memento'd unresisted Mind Blast doing a little over 600, Amplification'd nuke doing 460ish). But sometimes I get some nasty resists, so I wanted to see if Cannonball would maybe be more consistent.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Gonna try that setup tomorrow. Anything has to be better then the crap 0/19 I'm going on.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I went BLU/THF to many tanihwas. It's not great. Without CA my cannonballs did 300-400, with CA they did 400-600. I tossed in Frost Breath in to keep up damage. I honestly don't suggest it, if I had SCH or BLM I would have come as those. The only upside is a fully buffed BLU with 800+ defense and zephyr mantle can take many more hits than BLM or SCH if there are hate problems.

The only difference I've noticed with stillness added is the petrify/hate reset awful eye.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Got RR3 earring awhile back with:
    http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/987/runeih3ax3.jpg

just got koggel today with this cept nothing in the 024 spot, and divine (041) in place of the elemental (045) both of these were on tab 3.

now, can anyone give any tips for ermine's tail? just swap beast in for lizard?

did these manaburn style btw.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    I went BLU/THF to many tanihwas. It's not great. Without CA my cannonballs did 300-400, with CA they did 400-600. I tossed in Frost Breath in to keep up damage. I honestly don't suggest it, if I had SCH or BLM I would have come as those. The only upside is a fully buffed BLU with 800+ defense and zephyr mantle can take many more hits than BLM or SCH if there are hate problems.

The only difference I've noticed with stillness added is the petrify/hate reset awful eye.
    Stillness appears to give mobs their Nightmare TP moves. For the bugard, this makes him infinitely harder. The most important ones being Awful Eye's hate reset which ensures you need two tanks, or one permanently facing backwards. Bone Crunch and Tail Roll both become multiple-shadow-taking moves, so they become much more dangerous; if you have less than the full 3 shadows up, you have every chance of taking full damage from those TP moves.

If you're aiming for MMJ Earring, I highly suggest removing great warrior since stillness is neccessary; without great warrior, you get a raptor, whose Nightmare TP moves are a joke compared to the Bugard's (2 1-shadow moves + a stun breath). I had no major problems trio-ing the raptor with RDM/NIN BLM/NIN BRD/WHM, but the Bugard would kill us every time somehow.

Durden

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetatheprince View Post
    Forgot to black out "Altimo obtain~"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanos View Post
    Stillness appears to give mobs their Nightmare TP moves. For the bugard, this makes him infinitely harder. The most important ones being Awful Eye's hate reset which ensures you need two tanks, or one permanently facing backwards. Bone Crunch and Tail Roll both become multiple-shadow-taking moves, so they become much more dangerous; if you have less than the full 3 shadows up, you have every chance of taking full damage from those TP moves.

If you're aiming for MMJ Earring, I highly suggest removing great warrior since stillness is neccessary; without great warrior, you get a raptor, whose Nightmare TP moves are a joke compared to the Bugard's (2 1-shadow moves + a stun breath). I had no major problems trio-ing the raptor with RDM/NIN BLM/NIN BRD/WHM, but the Bugard would kill us every time somehow.
    Maxx and I do MMM in the same group often. The bugard isn't that much harder, but we have some very good tanks who do a fairly good job of keeping the mob off of an insane, over-nuking BLM as much as humanly possible. (It helps that the guy who tanks it the most for his has Valhalla head and body along with Hautclair.)

The one thing that kind of makes me not want to take off Great Warrior is that my second character's maze with three resonating runes seems to put out more than everyone else's. I guess I could always try to put another rune, like Earth or Ice, but then it will gain resistance to Paralyze II or Slow II and Elegy. Then again, that might still be better than a bugard on steroids. But I will still take the bugard in any form over the rabbit- that little fucker is the destroyer of worlds.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well at least Cannonball does good damage on the rabbit

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Durden View Post
    Forgot to black out "Altimo obtain~"
    lol