Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast

Thread: MMM findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Enough with the random crap SE. Give me my god damn Kogglemander. I've gone 0/???, what the fuck is this bullshit. Shit's retarded, if FF14 even seems similar SE can kiss my ass. Fucking bullshit, another example of a good idea executed at a such stupid, and idiotic manner.
    This is true for me too. Gone so many runs, and the only thing we see are runes. Nothing else. I don't even bother asking ls for help any more most nights because I know no one will answer. Only a very few dedicated friends help, and even then, they are bored out of their minds with it. CC chests don't do a damn thing either, since if the sword ends up in their private chest, I sure as hell don't want to hear it.

I hope the update gives something more.

Something my friend noticed in V06 that I never knew, so worth mentioning (unless someone here mentioned this already and I missed it). But just like you can get new bugs/wood from goblin at the start, you can also get them by clicking the Ladder of Liberty outside of jail.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Something my friend noticed in V06 that I never knew, so worth mentioning (unless someone here mentioned this already and I missed it). But just like you can get new bugs/wood from goblin at the start, you can also get them by clicking the Ladder of Liberty outside of jail.
    I think both have been mentioned, but I totally forgot about the ladder of liberty and that is a huge help. Thank you for the reminder.

Jailing yourself on purpose can be a nice strategy, especially if not soloing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    What kind of exp are you pulling down with those M02 set ups? My group and I are fairly new to MMM, so we've only tried low-level exp on M01. We also haven't started doing merit mazes yet, so I'm wondering if it would be worth looking into M02 instead of assuming M01 is the way to go for exp.
    A nice thing to be said for MMM as a camp for low-mid level parties is that you don't have to worry about awkward stretches, like 50-53 and 58-60, and frankly 65-72. Another really nice thing is that you don't have to go to awkward camps just to stay skilled up as you party.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Voucher V02 is better than V01 just due to the way the maze is setup. You get 4 waves with Numbers instead of 3, the mobs come to you so it's faster and easier to chain (although someone showed once how to chain the entirety of V01, I still think V02 is better). Merit PT with the setup I listed above with COR gives chest exp in the 9000~9500 range in my experience, which works out to 11.2~11.8k per run total, as I indicated in the other thread.
    A drawback though is you don't have much control over the self-pulling mobs. It's easy to become overwhelmed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Random speculation for the upcoming version update:

Prediction: All the new job runes will be added, but the new ones won't work in V07. Instead, all the job runes will be valid for the new V05 goblin buddy adventure, and used to grant abilities to your goblin (example: WAR rune giving double attack). They could copy-paste the COR rolls for each job.
    Similarly, Summoning/Ninjitsu/Songs/Blue Magic runes could be added, only valid in V05.
    This is correct - WHM rune said "Your goblin will exhibit White Mage abilities" or something to that effect.

Prediction: Rune 105 finally added, "Trial By Subjob" (better title of course) would remove subjob in the maze. Goes along perfectly with 103 and 104.

Prediction: Rune 085 added? Looks like it would either complete the HELM series via Excavation Points, or it would complete the crafting series via a Fishing rune.
    The mystery missing runes (085 and 105) were not on the purchase menu, nor was anything 114 or higher. Therefore, all new runes are obtained via drops. If you obtain 085, 105, or 114+, please post whether you got it with or without Lost And Found in place.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

New Voucher

I just tried the voucher no. 5. In the room where you start you can find several moblins, one of them changes the job after it reaches level 5, other one is the one that will follow you and will level and there are probably more inside but I ran out of time. There are 3 wells, first one is about finding an item but I didn't finished it, there are tons of mobs in there quite easy for a lv 75, the moblin got from level 5 to level 30 in that one alone. The second well is all about killing mobs, I just killed 2 of them since that's all it took to level the moblin from level 1 to level 5. On the third well you have to destroy crates, this will not level the mob and you can only go 3 times into that well. To change jobs a moblin is going to ask for temp items. If you don't get the items you need on the first try, you're not going to since the moblin on the second+ try only repeated one of the items needed and the third time I spoke with him, my character froze up and had to relog. I lost 5 mins or more relogging. Whenever my goblin used items it was using them in japanese. There are stuff called goblin surprises and cash that your gobbie carries but I was unable to find out what was the use. You can't use lost and found on this voucher and well, that's pretty much it. I'll try again tomorrow and see what I can do, I will prolly have to start all over again. I don't know what do you need to do to make the chest pop. Maybe do each well 1 time?...idk

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm about to try V05, but some basic info before I hop in. I only have a few runes (45, 90, 102, 106, 109) so I'm going to go without any runes on to try and get a control run for marbles/exp/whatever else. I can only put 102 and 106 on V05 of the runes that I have. I'll edit in some details about the run when I'm done.

EDIT: WIN! There's a lot to post, so give me a few

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I just tried V05. From what I understand you're supposed to go down the wells and do quests with the goblin, but when I went down I was evacuated a few seconds later. And I was only in for about 5 minutes total.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just beat V05. Here was my experience:

I went down and talked to the leader, Sonchostiq, who asked for help. At that point, the goblin buddy Chaperix started following me around.

Go to each of the 3 wells and talk to the gob standing near it to learn your objective, then go inside and complete it.

A) First well is about finding an item, which is a ??? on the ground somewhere
    B) Second well is just kill stuff
    C) Third well is destroy crates to receive temp items. Goblin gains no XP here, but the items are needed to get a better weapon and to change jobs

I did each well once, and then I did them all again.

I talked to Templix a couple of times and he took some of my temp items to improve my gobs weapon. VERY IMPORTANT - I talked to Templix again and he said "Here is your key". You MUST complete this step!

I went up the stairs and talked to Switchlox (or whatever his name was) and changed to Close range attacker style.

I talked to Bouncebix at the top of the stairs. He took the key and opened the final well.

Inside, Chaperix and the girl he is rescuing (forgot her name) fought 4 slimes. I was not allowed to melee the slimes, but I could still cast cures. At first I thought I would run out of time, but then Chaperix used Crispy Candle and annhilated 2 slimes instantly and severely injured a 3rd. They finished off the remaining 3rd and 4th slimes and then I was warped out automatically (did not need to run to ladder) to Sonchostiq.

I talked to Sonchostiq and then the hoardbox spawned right in front of me. I received an augmented "Goblin Cest" belt with no base stats and augmented to 3 STR...yay. The personal lockbox had another Goblin Cest with 1 VIT 5 Attack.

Those would be good items at level 1, but unfortunately they are level 60. I think I'd rather have a belt with haste on it.

Hoardbox only had 14 marbles, but thats probably a heavy penalty because I used 19 and 20 to weaken the mobs and I used 108 which makes Chaperix level faster. I also used Velocity which I'm certain did nothing as I had only a couple minutes left at the end. Finally, I used the WHM rune but he never did any WHM stuff - probably need to change him to a mage job for that. Or maybe it just gave him auto-regen at 25. I didn't notice.

Edit: I assume runes drop normally - hoardbox contained Rune 043.

Edit2: For some strange reason, entering this maze costs 250 gil rather than 100. Why did they bother making it different? The amount of gil is completely insignificant unless they raise it a lot more than that.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Hey Gergall, at least your stats were positive, check these babies out:

http://steam-punk.net/ffxi/bugbear_cests.png

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Some basic info to add: No runes = 25 marbles. We also got horrible augmented belts (MP-6, att-4?)

Each well appears to have 3 levels to it. Crate well nets you temp items which are used with Tempatriq to get new items for Chaperix, as well as the key to fight the last boss. Unlike Gergall, we couldn't even cure him again Behemoth. He did use multiple x-potions, though.

The middle well was just mobs, and seems to be straight for just leveling him up. We cut the middle group short, so he only got to level 18.

The third well was already covered by Gergall.

It also cost 250gil to go in. Trying to convince Deimos and Ayeka to run it again with 102 on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My ls just tried 05. We did each well three times but didn't know what to do to get the last well open. I tried talking to Tempatriq but he didn't do anything. How do you go about opening up the well upstairs?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    My ls just tried 05. We did each well three times but didn't know what to do to get the last well open. I tried talking to Tempatriq but he didn't do anything. How do you go about opening up the well upstairs?
    Talk to the gob at the top, he'll ask for a key. Go to Tempatriq, and have him make the key. Bring it back up top.

102 added 2 marbles. Last fight was a shit ton of animated daggers, longswords, and claymores. Level 40 Gob wrecked them.

EDIT: No runes gave a level 40 shitty item. Just 102 gave a level 50 shitty item. They NPC for 500 and 950 gil respectively.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Double post hurhurhur

Did a third run, again with just 102. Got the gob to level 43 with max weapon and upgraded to melee job. Got level 75 belts, one with eva+3 DEF+7 HP+11. Seems like the higher you get him, the higher level belts become available perhaps.

Also, there's a quest from Vendastox to find his missing orders. Returning the orders just makes him sell items at a discount.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

The quest to get orders requires finding a ???, it's been down the "Fetch" well for us both times. Note that the person that gets the quest from Vendor goblin seems to have to be the one that gets the orders. Touching the ??? spawns a scorpion, which is an easy kill. Touching it again after the scorpion is dead gives you the orders.

A couple other notes:

Let the goblin kill the mobs, you killing them doesn't seem to do much of anything for him. The last time I just pulled/linked mobs and let them attack me while he picked them off one by one. He'll level up without even killing anything, just hitting things seems to give him xp.

We had one person go down the rightmost one and kill crates, since the items seem to go to the goblin no matter where he is. Then they also have all the temp items needed by the smith goblin for weapon upgrades and the key that lets you into the final battle.

Haven't gone in yet, and when I do I will probably just use a bare-bones maze for the first few runs to get a feel for it, but in addition to the job runes referring to your Goblin apprentice's capabilities, 108 reads "Your Goblin apprentice will prove to be a quick learner," and 29, 36, and 37 read "Your Goblin apprentice will be granted enhanced STR/HP/MP" (I assume it works for the entire 29~37 series, but those are the only ones I own).

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Uh so what happens if the gobbie dies?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Unlike Gergall, we couldn't even cure him again Behemoth. He did use multiple x-potions, though.
    It was very late for me, so I think I imagined it. You probably can't cure him at all on the final fight. Sorry for the confusion. It makes sense because Chaperix says something like "I want to handle this one on my own."

Uh so what happens if the gobbie dies?
    It's pretty damn difficult to kill Chaperix as he levels up constantly and every levelup=full HP. He gains experience and levels up just from hitting mobs, not solely on killshots. For example, I put him up against a funguar that was definitely stronger than him. However, Chaperix gained like 7-10 levels in the process of fighting this funguar so there was never any chance of him dying.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The closest we came to having him die was against the Behemoth boss. Chaperix was definitely underleveled at 18, but he had a lot of X-Potions. He used a WS to knock Behemoth down to 3%, and Behemoth retaliated with Thunderbolt. Chaperix got down around 15-20% before coming unstunned, popping a pot, and finishing the fight.