BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The only people who would be driven away are the ones wanting instant gratification.
    No. Get folks to participate. Make sure they have fun. Give them a small reward, and show them how the system works. Make it clear that if they come back and work at the activity (additional and more challenging tiers), they'll unlock better rewards.

The ads for this thing suggested it was soloable and/or could be used for crafting. Then folks try it for the first time, and get dropped into a room full of T elementals. At which point they tell SE to f*** off, and go play WoW.

Bad design. Should have been so easy.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

yes people are quitting for WoW because the customizable dungeon mini game isn't up to their standards

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    yes people are quitting for WoW because the customizable dungeon mini game isn't up to their standards
    If SE want to keep their playerbase, they need to do a lot better than introducing something that is trivial to start with, badly designed, and breaks twice within a week.

I dunno, sometimes they get it right (Assault, Nyzul Isle), but so much of the time they're on the wrong page (e.g. this whole update is really lacking in imagination, and WotG as a whole is very thin).

I know so many core players that have quit for WoW in the last 3 months. Mainly because they're bored of the current content, and the upcoming new content is dull and badly implemented.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Meh, I think after I get that eyepatch I'll be done with MMM for good. Was hoping Koggelmander came from it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The super RR3/MND earring drops from the endchest at random most likely... go go another assault style appraise failure :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did three runs today with ls peeps before the moblins disappeared lol.

First run was mine. I forgot to put in runes 106 and 109 so didn't have the pearl or temp items. We had lightning eles/clusters. Eles were T while cluster were EM. Got 15 marbles and about 600 xp.

Second run we got wind eles/slimes and got rune 40 in the chest. My friend who got said he can't add rune 40 to his current tabula (dunno what's up with this).

Last run was lizzies/morbols.

Every win gave 15 marbles and 600-700 xp.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

If they're quitting FFXI for WoW due to a lack of content, then I can't wait to see their expression when they reach Lv.80 and realize there's far less content in WoW.

If you don't like FFXI, then there's no reason to play. Try another game. Personally, I enjoy FFXI a lot more than WoW, I've played both for a considerable amount of time. SE will have to really fuck up FFXI, such as raise the level cap or something equally stupid, before I will quit for another game.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thought I might post my experience while we wait.
    First run we went in with four. Had wind elementals/clusters, all DC. We cleared if only because we made up for lost time by clearing the clusters quickly.
    Second run we added two more members. Got scorpions and saplings. I believe they were also DC.
    Third run we got thunder elementals and lizards.
    All runs netted us around high 300 to mid-400 exp and 15 marbles. None dropped any runes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    If SE want to keep their playerbase, they need to do a lot better than introducing something that is trivial to start with, badly designed, and breaks twice within a week.
    Let's see you do better :D

Programming is hard. Programming something that is going to be slammed with users from the get-go to not break is harder. Cut them some slack for once, we know their code sucks but they are coding for 3 platforms and it has to work on all of them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

Programming is hard. Programming something that is going to be slammed with users from the get-go to not break is harder. Cut them some slack for once, we know their code sucks but they are coding for 3 platforms and it has to work on all of them.
    People forget these things don't magically appear. xD

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

I think he means we want events that actually get used more than a couple times and can earn decent gear from it. (Pankraton for example, was a dud til ZNMs came out) And doesn't get adjusted when SE finds a flaw (AV for example).

But yeah, I agree with the programming part. I took a year of TrueBasic in my senior year of highschool. That shit was fusterating having my teacher find and crash my programs. However it was pretty fun when I learned to make "animations" for my Battleship game, when you hit a ship there'd be an explosion xD

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Garrison
    Clamming
    Goldsmithing
    Pankration
    Chocobo Racing Circuit

List of things that is in the game that I never see people do much of..And this doesn't even include PvP because I think if they beefed it up there would be a lot more doing it.

Banned.

BG Level

Isn't this thread named "findings" not "hand me that soapbox"?

Keep the bitching in the SE news announcement thread please. Facts would be nice, although delayed for obvious reasons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Isn't this thread named "findings" not "hand me that soapbox"?

Keep the bitching in the SE news announcement thread please. Facts would be nice, although delayed for obvious reasons.
    QFT

I really wanna know what people have found in this because it seems like something I will spend a lot of time on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Score! emergency lower jeuno maintenance

//edit: ok real findings:
    It warps you from Lower Jeuno to Everbloom Hollow, so I assume Sigil works there. We had bombs > tigers, malboro > fungar, thunder elemental > dark elemental (using an elemental rune we got dropped). Sorry no pics of the tetris layout though. On the first 2, killing the crate and clicking the resulting ??? gave 1 hi-potion to the person who clicks it, the 3rd time gave a hi-ether.

If you set the Maze Marble rune option, clicking the temp item in your inventory will tell you how many mobs are left.

We had 2 "floors", 2 family of mobs each time, except elementals where they were 2 types of elementals, 1 family per floor. They weren't like nyzul floors, but 1 zone with 2 map levels. Each mob kill gave exp, along with natural mob drops: seals, materials, crystals, etc.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They're Baaaaack

Moblins in Lower Jueno after Maintenance rejoice

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    They're Baaaaack

Moblins in Lower Jueno after Maintenance rejoice
    OOSHI- D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can't wait to try this again tomorrow. I wonder how the synthing runes will work.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just got black screen of death'd

So it's still around

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Sigil doesn't work, had a friend try. Everbloom Hollow is what we got, with the starter runes it was Crawlers and Malboros, seems like 10 crawlers and six malboros, duoed it as BLU + RDM.

In the chest we got ~750 exp and a Maze Rune 011 "Dragon". Exited with one second left and I'm still waiting to pop out

Bleh, it's Nyzul congestion all over again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast