I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Game Damage :: A video game show featuring Yahtzee, Yug and Matt.

Game Damage :: A new show featuring Yahtzee, Yug and Matt
    Fun little show I thought, if you watch http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/gener...e-croshaw.html youll probably like this as well.

The funny 'real life game moments' (ala Mega64) were quite funny.
    http://imgshack.info/images/wrrkpou7v2gv4yer2yv8.png

That was pretty good, but it felt very amatuer-ish. Well, not sure what I was expecting but they could have rehershed a little more and not talked over eachother so much, perhaps planned out their answers better. It's about as entertaining as any other game show but frankly, without being able to really rag on games and developers in a rather non political way, or even swear I doubt this will be anything new or ultimately worth watching.

A. Body
    BG Level

It's watchable and funnier than you'd expect, but real life Yahtzee creeps me right the fuck out.

Still diggin' the hat though.

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    ...real life Yahtzee creeps me right the fuck out.
    ^
    In my mind, he will forever be a wise cracking stick figure.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I want to punch real-life Yahtzee. They need to keep him off screen and replace him with his stick-figure.

Nice to see Yahtzee is from the Tom Cruise school of acting; replace him with a plank of wood and a voice over and you'd get the same effect.

The "Sit on the couch for 20min" staring blankly at the camera segment was my favourite. Real range of emotion.

Mind you, at least Yahtzee did go walkies so at least he tried.

Feels like a podcast, only more rigid. Didn't even feel like they were having fun doing it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They're going for 'Top Gear, except with Videogames instead of Cars.'

The problem is I always learn a ton of new things about cars from Top Gear, mostly because I don't actually make driving a hobby seeing as how I can't afford it. I let them drive $115k automobiles and complain about the interior trim and suspension problems.

Meanwhile, video games are something I do all the time and all my friends won't stop talking about video games and after over 20 years of playing them I have a pretty good grasp on the history and the way they get made. Thus, I'm not really able to absorb new information from other people talking to me from some screen about video games.

It's funny when Yahtzee makes cartoons about what he hates about video games because ultimately there's a lot of antic action and when it's prerecorded audio he can cut the material to a lean and fun 4-5 minutes. 30 minutes of guys on a couch arguing things I've already had arguments about, with awkward silence here and there, doesn't make a very solid experience.

I liked the independent games segment and Yahtzee's rant on point and click adventure games. That's what, a tenth of their running length? It's going to be hard to make a lot of shows to hold my interest at that ratio.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Shit was too long (mind you I only saw like 10 min.), I don't care if it's amateurishly done, but that wasn't worth watching at all.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Their Duke Nukem Forever skit was funny.

Yahtzee tries too hard, and the guy on the right seemed like a fag. The middle guy made me laugh and he sounded like he actually knew wtf he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Their Duke Nukem Forever skit was funny.

Yahtzee tries too hard, and the guy on the right seemed like a fag. The middle guy made me laugh and he sounded like he actually knew wtf he was talking about.
    Agreed. The guy on the right seemed like the sorta person who you can hear, but avoid desperately and say nasty things behind their back about how much of a fag they are and when you get a chance you tell him to his face how much of a fag he is.

Well... yeah.

A. Body
    BG Level

I think it's possible for Yahtzee to do better; in his Uncharted: Drake's Fortune review, he did a live-action segment and he came off a lot less rigid and antagonistic while still asserting his point.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Eh, I thought for a first episode it was not that bad. If you've ever seen earlier ZeroPunctuation Eps I bet you would be surprised a little. It's not to say that the current style is better (i think Yahtzee hit his peak somewhere in the middle and it's been going downhill a bit), but the early episodes are dry and bland. I'll give this another 2 eps and see how it turns out.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yahtzee just seemed extremely nervous. Show was very meh overall, but you shouldn't really judge something like this by the first episode, I'll give it a few more before I decide on it. Skits need to go or need MASSIVE improvement though, I'd rather watch them actually talk about games for half an hour then have to sit through that shit.

Hated the guy in the middle, but they all came off pretty badly. Can't expect them to perform well on their first episode though, I'm sure all 3 of them were really nervous.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

It was too long. Some of the stuff was decent, but a lot of the skits were pretty terrible. If they worked on the talking bits a little I feel like it would be decent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    It was too long. Some of the stuff was decent, but a lot of the skits were pretty terrible. If they worked on the talking bits a little I feel like it would be decent.
    I agree, it was too long and they were trying too hard.