+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    A fucking sweet kind.
    ^ This, I'd kill to have a name like Tank Standing Buffalo. That's fucking badass.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Yea, all I wanted to do was comment on that name and how awesome it was. Sucks though.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

They just haven't found the Violent video games at the assailants house yet, expect the article title to change once that happens.

WHERE THE FUCK DID MY CUSTOM TITLE GO
    I DEMAND IT BE RESTORED
    OR A TITLE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IS PROVIDED
    Both of them. That's just a dick move.

BG Level

UPDATE: Gameboy found assailants apartment; Pokemon Gold to blame for random battle?

Demosthenes11

darwinism

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Reminds me of the Stephen king book The Cell.

Ridill
    BG Level

And people wonder why I don't like alcohol.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I live in Edmonton, a few days ago one guy shot another guy dead literally a block away from my house. The attacker was the jealout ex-boyfriend of the victim's girlfriend.

I got to get out of this place, I really fucking hate it.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

But you have like a really big mall!

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh Alberta, how you'll never change in my eyes.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Jesus, what a fucked up story. Good of the artists to band together to help them, but they'll never fully recover from something like that....

Think what's worse, first image of the attacker that came to my mind was Kuya's avatar.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

So her husband's name is "Standing Buffalo"? I read it twice =/ maybe I'm just tired.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

No, Buffalo Tank

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Tank Standing Buffalo but the article also refers to him as simply Standing Buffalo. Likely native american.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He'd be my first choice for Guesh Urvan fights, if only he could take a beating.

Sucks that he doesn't remember the phone number of the cell he picked up, or the names of the people. I assume they took their cell phone back during the visit. That would have been the easiest way to catch them.

I wonder how long before a followup article tells us how his wife was found dead, with her head missing. There's still a little more time left for 2008!

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm going to guess the name is Native American. Some people still use names such as that from what I've seen. I thought the only way they were contacted from the attackers was on the attackers phone. If that's the case, unless they get the phone, it's going to be hard to track them.

Of course, now you're going to have people who refuse to help others out because they are afraid someone is going to come beat them into submissions for doing so.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, people use Native American names like that rather frequently, honestly. There are just so few Native Americans that you don't hear them often, and/or they often have an "extra" first name designated for public use (like people from Thailand, China, and so on).

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

aww, here guys. This will cheer you up.

YouTube - MALINKY (JANNA FRISKE with DISKOTEKA AVARIYA)

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Okay so I've put off mentioning this but we don't have very many "Native Americans" in Canada. Just as there aren't that many "African Americans" in the UK.

If Tank Standing Buffalo was from one of the First Nations in Alberta he's probably of a Cree or Blackfoot speaking nation, who use that naming system like other peoples of that language group.

As a quick aside, the PC/approved ethnicity terms used by the Government of Canada are:
    - Aboriginal peoples, encompassing all "indigenous" (not really a PC term to use these days) peoples in Canada including First Nations, Inuit, and Metis
    - First Nations, peoples who are of aboriginal descent but are not Inuit or Metis
    - Inuit, specifically a distinct ethno-linguistic group living in the Arctic seperate from First Nations and Inuit peoples. (Used to be called "Eskimos" but that's a pretty derogatory term these days)
    - Metis, people who can trace their heritage,
    through the matrilinial line, to a union of a First Nations woman and a non-Aboriginal man. To be an actual Metis it's even more specific as coming from a woman who was of the Cree, Ojibway, Algonquin, Saulteux, and Menomiee and a man who was usually French (Canadien) or Scottish, living in Rupert's Land. I think DINA is specific about who is an actual Metis person and other mixed-race Aboriginal/Non-Aboriginal unions don't count for Metis but may still count for other status.

Vuitton

Since Canada is part of the continent North America, I would like to believe that people native to the continent are called native americans?

Its a similar group label like "Asian". Sure, "Asian" could be any number of countries. "Native American" can mean any number of tribes or what not. Doesn't mean they're incorrect terms. We use them when we don't know (or aren't positive of) the specific country or tribe.