+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II View Post
    I ate a normal (1500-2500 calories a day)
    this is an entirely arbitrary figure, its good for nothing but ignoring, and should not be considered a recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    You're entirely right. The metabolism is a key element to "calories out".

I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language here.
    its like they don't understand what out means..

Relic Shield
    BG Level

is it the soda making us fat, or the 3 double cheese burgers and fries?

Tax hamburgers next.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm with Archi on this one, throw all the studies you want to.

I changed nothing in my diet, and for over 6 months now have been riding a bike steadily (at least 30 minutes, twice a week) sometimes more and at a good pace, 3.5 minute/miles.

I've lost 15 pounds, and my ass looks awesome.
    More calories out = people losing weight.

Here's the big question though, let's say you go into your local coffee shop, and get your large black with cream and sugar, now that's not taxed, but the next guy gets 7 sugars in his large coffee, thus making it fall into that "sweet beverage" category due to sugar content, does he pay more for the same cup of coffee?

I know once you start messing with people's morning cup, they start to wig out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What's with all this weight loss talk... We need some discussion on how to gain weight. Trying to gain like 10 lbs and it isn't working. Doesn't matter how much or what I eat

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    What's with all this weight loss talk... We need some discussion on how to gain weight. Trying to gain like 10 lbs and it isn't working. Doesn't matter how much or what I eat
    Follows the same pattern... sit on your ass, and keep eating, you need to burn less calories.
    This time of year shouldn't be too tough, I got pies and cookies coming out the ass right now thanks to Xmas.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol can't go wrong with pies and cookies. Visiting fam in NY for Christmas/New Years. Don't want to gain the wrong weight though. Can't just sit on my ass I go crazy if I don't touch a basketball once a day.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

This is why I drink fresca.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Lift heavy weights for your strength level, including legs (squats, deadlifts), and start hitting protein shakes and creatine (5g/day). You'll put on 10 lbs. in a month max.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Lift heavy weights for your strength level, including legs (squats, deadlifts), and start hitting protein shakes and creatine (5g/day). You'll put on 10 lbs. in a month max.
    Do as many compound lifts as possible, and eat a LOT. Nutrition is where size comes from. Eat to gain size, lift to control what type of size you're getting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

^this
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post
    Do as many compound lifts as possible, and eat a LOT. Nutrition is where size comes from. Eat to gain size, lift to control what type of size you're getting.
    ^this
    Try to ingest a moderate amount of protein within the first 30 minutes following your workout as well

Ignore:
    Lol can't go wrong with pies and cookies. Visiting fam in NY for Christmas/New Years. Don't want to gain the wrong weight though. Can't just sit on my ass I go crazy if I don't touch a basketball once a day.
    ^this
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingbong View Post
    Follows the same pattern... sit on your ass, and keep eating, you need to burn less calories.
    This time of year shouldn't be too tough, I got pies and cookies coming out the ass right now thanks to Xmas.
    and ^this

Banned.

BG Level

State officials say almost one in four New Yorkers under age 18 are obese
    RYKOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gotta agree with this. I'm 17 and I have a really, really high metabolism. I eat like a fiend (breakfast, lunch and dinner, + small meals inbetween and after) I probably down about 2000 calories a day or more idk, its alot and I never ever ever gain a pound. If I do its from the food and it goes back down the next day if you catch my drift.
    I weighed around 125 for the longest time up until about half a year ago and I found lifting + protien/creatine is the only thing that makes me gain. I'm 140 or so right now and i gained about 12-14 of it in a 3 month span. I've kinda slacked in the past few months but when I get the motivation to start agian that will be what I do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Furtwangler View Post
    Gotta agree with this. I'm 17 and I have a really, really high metabolism. I eat like a fiend (breakfast, lunch and dinner, + small meals inbetween and after) I probably down about 2000 calories a day or more idk, its alot and I never ever ever gain a pound. If I do its from the food and it goes back down the next day if you catch my drift.
    I weighed around 125 for the longest time up until about half a year ago and I found lifting + protien/creatine is the only thing that makes me gain. I'm 140 or so right now and i gained about 12-14 of it in a 3 month span. I've kinda slacked in the past few months but when I get the motivation to start agian that will be what I do.
    2000 calories/day is not a lot for an active person of your age

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblingdrunk View Post
    2000 calories/day is not a lot for an active person of your age
    it may be alot more, was a random number heres what i ate the other day, breakfast was a 3egg and bacon sandwich(grilled bacon), glass of OJ a breakfast bar around 10 (i got up at 7) lunch 3 slices of pizza and a 16oz of cherry pepsi around 12, a small like 99 cent bag of m&ms around 2. cup of coffee around 4:30, dinner around 7 i had a whole box of craft mac n cheese and like 3 pieces of chicken from my deep fryer, and some lemonade. half a bag of popcorn around 10, sleep.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Furtwangler View Post
    3 slices of pizza, whole box of craft mac n cheese
    You have over 2k calories in those two items alone before you factor in anything else you ate, and that is assuming the pizza had no toppings. That box of mac and cheese is 1140 all by itself

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I had the same issue. Was 6'4 and weighed 175 pounds. I played basketball pretty competitively year round so I was always lifting in the morning and running in practice in the afternoon. My coach kept getting pissed because I couldn't put on weight even though I made journals of all the crap I ate. Maxed at 180 my senior year. Went to college and ate the same food and lifted the same routine and without all the running I put on 20 pounds in 6 weeks. I finally stopped looking like a string bean and at a steady 200-205. Some people just have crazy metabolism. I'm scared it may change one day. I can't not eat what I eat... it tastes soooo goood.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Azkarin2 View Post
    I had the same issue. Was 6'4 and weighed 175 pounds. I played basketball pretty competitively year round so I was always lifting in the morning and running in practice in the afternoon. My coach kept getting pissed because I couldn't put on weight even though I made journals of all the crap I ate. Maxed at 180 my senior year. Went to college and ate the same food and lifted the same routine and without all the running I put on 20 pounds in 6 weeks. I finally stopped looking like a string bean and at a steady 200-205. Some people just have crazy metabolism. I'm scared it may change one day. I can't not eat what I eat... it tastes soooo goood.
    Too much cardio is often times counter productive when your goal is gaining mass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8