Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

JP pol account management problem

For those JP account user, anyone here having the problem on changing their credit card? I'm keep getting UCS 60096 error twice, then followed by UCS 5011 since these two weeks.

Seems like the maintainance two days ago doesnt help

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

did you originally Have a NA account(your original cd keys)? if so you need to change it in NA pol or whatever region you got your keys.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Its JP account. If I'm using JP client on NA account, I wouldn't able to login into account management in pol >.>

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Im having the exact same problem here. I already installed POL on a different machine but the problem remains. Since you can enter anything as credit card information and still get 2 times the UCS-60096 and after that UCS-5110, I thought there might be a connection problem or some kind of windows prob.

Since the users in Japan dont seem to have this problem, I guess SE stopped allowing foreign credit cards on JP accounts or at least connections to the JP CC registration server from outside Japan. Connecting through a Japanese proxy server might help in this case, Ill try that later on.
    You might as well try calling the Japanese support for help, but I wouldnt expect much from them.

If anyone knows a solution, please post.

altalus

Any news on this ? I have the exact same problem. I need to switch CC and I get the error.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Solution: stop buying jp accounts.

altalus

Any intelligent answers ?

Ok big guy. Let's see how you would have handled the situation.

I was in japan, with a japanese wife, a job in a japanese office, and had a japanese credit card.

I bought the game when the game was not even in beta in North America.

I played the game when the game was not even in beta in North America.

Now I'm back in NA, had to move because I got divorced, something little 13 years old boys like you wouldn't know anything about, had restart my life and find a job here. Got new Credit Card since my Japanese one came to expiration, you know those little numbers below your CC number, that's an expiration date.

I need to change my CC info so I can continue playing.

Now genius, do you have any constructive suggestions about the problem I have ?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well gee, if you actually lived in japan for that long, I would hope you can speak some japanese. If you can speak some japanese, maybe you can try calling jp customer support, for assistance with the jp client?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hmmm... this could be some bad news for me, too. Original JP account pre NA release. Lucky my current CC info is valid till 2012. Guess I´ll have to make ots of JP friends till then and make one pay it for me <.< >.>

GL you gyus I hope this gets resolved....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has anyone tried to contact SE about this issue?

Failing that, has anyone tried to just use the client related to their location?

I'd also imagine you might be able to contact the company and get a new Japanese credit card? Maybe?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cant use NA CC, get a JP one, that was my problem atleast.
    And yeah, just call SE.

altalus

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Well gee, if you actually lived in japan for that long, I would hope you can speak some japanese. If you can speak some japanese, maybe you can try calling jp customer support, for assistance with the jp client?
    I do speak a little japanse, mostly day to day stuff. The reading is not bad either but the writing... heh. I was working for a group supporting IT for an english speaking customer so 100% of my work (about 12h a day) was in english... I know, my own fault.

I will contact S-E Japan on monday (they are closed right now) and I'll see what goes.

SephYuyX, I know NA CC worked on JP accounts before, is that an official change from S-E ? Did you talked to a SE rep ?

Sorry for being an ass btw fantasticdan, hard times for me and FFXI is kinda my window to escape reality from time to time

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I dont know, and no.

Leknaat

I spoke with a representative just now and they aren't aware of anything that would cause the problem but have escalated the investigation. I mentioned that I was now in America with an American Credit Card. They didn't seem to think there would be a problem with the charges.

(Watch them email me back and say oops sorry you need a jp cc now or something to that extent)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was trying to change my CC info on my account, and it was not accepting my new card. Possibly a problem in general and not region specific?

Leknaat

I spoke with a representative again today who assured me that they had in no way restricted the payment of accounts with foreign credit cards. I explained to them that multiple people were having the problems, and that December 15th was the earliest date I could find for people having the error.

Maybe they messed up some server config? This poor guy seems as frustrated as I am and has now resorted to telling me to reset my hubs/routers/modems/etc.... which I might try tomorrow. orz

He gave me the port information so if anyone wants to see if using it helps anyone...:

PoL Servers
      ・TCP 25、80、110、443 および 50000~65535
      ・UDP 50000~65535

PlayStation 2 Windows  Xbox 360
      ・TCP 1024~65535
      ・UDP 50000~65535

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leknaat View Post
    I spoke with a representative again today who assured me that they had in no way restricted the payment of accounts with foreign credit cards. I explained to them that multiple people were having the problems, and that December 15th was the earliest date I could find for people having the error.

Maybe they messed up some server config? This poor guy seems as frustrated as I am and has now resorted to telling me to reset my hubs/routers/modems/etc.... which I might try tomorrow. orz

He gave me the port information so if anyone wants to see if using it helps anyone...:

PoL Servers
      ・TCP 25、80、110、443 および 50000~65535
      ・UDP 50000~65535

PlayStation 2 Windows  Xbox 360
      ・TCP 1024~65535
      ・UDP 50000~65535

Thanks very much for putting this effort in it. Much appreciate

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I tried connecting through a japanese proxy server, but the problem remains. Since japanese players dont seem to have this problem, my guess is that SE (un-)intentionally restricted connections to the CC update server. If you take a look at some taiwanese FFXI boards, youll see that the problem at first occured around end of November 2008.
    The only solution for foreign players right now is to get a JCB credit card (might still work) or use webmoney. However to use webmoney, you need someone in Japan to buy it for you, since you cannot buy webmoney through the internet without a japanese credit card (foreign cards are blocked).

Forgot to mention: I sent a mail to the jp. support in japanese and explained the situation in detail. This was around 3 weeks ago and still no answer. I finally gave up playing again.

Leknaat

Does a JCB card issued from their US branch work? >.>

altalus

Quote Originally Posted by saitou View Post
    Forgot to mention: I sent a mail to the jp. support in japanese and explained the situation in detail. This was around 3 weeks ago and still no answer. I finally gave up playing again.
    Well I posted this to another forum too and I sent an email to S-E. I'm waiting on news from S-E but a guy on the other forum was able to use WebMoney to pay for his account.

I'll keep you posted.