Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moblins don't make sense     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Moblins don't make sense

Weren't they xenophobic fanatics who hated everyone just two expansions ago?

I would have to assume these new conquest or business oriented ones from ToAU and WotG respectively are either distant cousins or takes place after the end of CoP where they seem to become more friendly.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Haven't you already made this point in a thread somewhere?
    Aside from that, this could be explained away very simply... not all Moblins are the same.
    Most hate everyone else, some don't.

End of story.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The one that live in their underground city are xenophobe, the one walking on the surface are just like goblin, except a bit more greedy.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pretty much these Moblins have the typical Goblin attitude where gil makes the world go 'round and theres plenty of it on those children of Altana.

Why kill 'em when you can make money off 'em?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: this is Jabbos. Jabbos is a Galka from the Republic of Bastok, but Jabbos lives on the Movalpolos.
    http://www29.atwiki.jp/kemotar/?plugin=ref&serial=898

Now, think about that. That does not make sense!

Why would a Galka -- an eight foot tall Galka -- want to live on Movalpolos with a bunch of two foot tall Moblins? That does not make sense!

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/images/mo...-Clergyman.jpg

But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this thread? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this thread! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm in a topic about moblins, and I'm talkin' about Jabbos. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember, when you're in Jeuno, talking the Moblin Maze Monger and setting up your maze tabula... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Jabbos lives on Movalpolos, you must acquit! The defense rests.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hosom View Post
    lol.
    You quoted his entire post, pictures included, just to reply with "lol"? c.c

Anyway, OP: Individuals within a race often differ! Shocking, I know.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    Individuals within a race often differ! Shocking, I know.
    oh, but for this not being spam

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That galka pic gives you the hint as to which quests you should do...lol

Banned.

BG Level

I don't understand why people are basically repeating what I said in the OP. I didn't miss the concept of people within races being different.

It still has some missing pieces. It's never mentioned that these newer moblins rejected the fanaticism. Something their entire race is based around.

For a race that was in complete seclusion and obscurity for at least a hundred years it's not as simple as saying they work like Goblins. A distant branch might make sense for Aht Urhgan(though... the amount of information we have about them leaves something to be desired), certainly doesn't in Jeuno. Of course unless it occurs after CoP.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    For a race that was in complete seclusion and obscurity for at least a hundred years it's not as simple as saying they work like Goblins.
    I thought it was more like 30-50 years. Did they cause the Gusgen Mines cave-in? (Which is in 849 according to the Bastok timeline thing.) Also, what about the Moblin merchants in the 3 starter cities from CoP? They're pretty friendly/Goblin-like IIRC.

And, just out of curiosity, do the MMM Moblins speak good "Vana'dielian", (whatever language you're playing on) or are they like CoP Moblins where they have weird speech patterns? (Omitting vowels, extending vowels, repeating words, adding unnecessary letters at the end of words, etc.)

EDIT: Is it really fair to say that ToAU Moblins are conquest oriented? As you said, we got very little information about them, but Megomak is more concerned about chimeras and SCIENCE! or something. I like to think that the Halvung Moblins were originally searching for Alexander (and got close, considering there's Alzadaal) but somehow got their priorities mixed up when Megomak visited Hazhalm. (Although the Trolls in the Bhaflau Remnants might mean they're researching it or something.) But maybe it's just because as soon as Moblins were mentioned on the ToAU website, I thought "OMG ALEXANDER" (after the whole "iron giant" thing).

Something that does bother me is how we now have Moblins ending with -c. Before, it seemed that -k meant male (Zeelozok, Twilotak, Megomak) and -q meant female (Koblakiq, the Moblin from the Riverne map quest). I suppose it could be more of a gender role thing and less of a biological thing, and thus "-c" Moblins are a third gender of sorts.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't understand why people are basically repeating what I said in the OP. I didn't miss the concept of people within races being different.

It still has some missing pieces. It's never mentioned that these newer moblins rejected the fanaticism. Something their entire race is based around.

For a race that was in complete seclusion and obscurity for at least a hundred years it's not as simple as saying they work like Goblins. A distant branch might make sense for Aht Urhgan(though... the amount of information we have about them leaves something to be desired), certainly doesn't in Jeuno. Of course unless it occurs after CoP.
    How does it not make sense?
    Your entire family hates blacks except for your two cousins on your mom's side.

They go to a black neighborhood and open up a shop.

I'll need for you to explain how these situations are dissimilar and how they do not make sense.

Banned.

BG Level

I didn't mean that every one of them hates people, but the situation of the entire race makes it a bit jarring when a few they show to do business. Being isolated for centuries and being violent to everyone is not something to be easily forgotten. On hand there are several issues to consider, such as how are they accepted into Jeuno in the first place, they certainly aren't the same as Goblins. While trolls I could see not giving a damn, not so much the Jeunoans. Another one that comes to mind is that these Moblins are still underground messing with Moblin territory(renting it out even). It doesn't seem they left Moblin society much at all. This makes more sense post-CoP though. That's the only solution I can think of.

It seems more likely SE just waved their hand and magic it this away.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I didn't mean that every one of them hates people, but the situation of the entire race makes it a bit jarring when a few they show to do business. Being isolated for centuries and being violent to everyone is not something to be easily forgotten. On hand there are several issues to consider, such as how are they accepted into Jeuno in the first place, they certainly aren't the same as Goblins. While trolls I could see not giving a damn, not so much the Jeunoans. Another one that comes to mind is that these Moblins are still underground messing with Moblin territory(renting it out even). It doesn't seem they left Moblin society much at all. This makes more sense post-CoP though. That's the only solution I can think of.

It seems more likely SE just waved their hand and magic it this away.
    Why the fuck does a blue mage seeks refuge from aht urghan by fucking around in a goblin's junk shop.

Don't make me repeat my Jabbo's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Why the fuck does a blue mage seeks refuge from aht urghan by fucking around in a goblin's junk shop.

If you think about it, Muckvix's shop is as good as any place for political asylum. Wait, no....maybe it doesn't.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Moblins are shady characters. Seems like the perfect place for a shady Blue Mage who may have stolen the vigil weapons. Simple as that imo. Would seem at home in the tenshodo too I guess.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post

The way that BLU Mage talks it could be a worse. I mean seriously he could be this fucker in Norg..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...amaulabion.jpg

Worst/Gayest NPC Dialoge ever written..

From Quest Log:

Mamaulabion would like you to bring him any "thuper-dee-duper, overflowing with thpethial power itemth" you happen to come across in your travels. However, he was not able to provide you with any details on their whereabouts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

So, Moblins like gil more than they hate people. Why is that such a stretch?

Spoiler: show
    ...or maybe they are digging up the rockbed under Jeuno and when it finally fails they can claim ignorance in the distruction of one of the main cities of the alliance!!!1

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    You quoted his entire post, pictures included, just to reply with "lol"? c.c

Anyway, OP: Individuals within a race often differ! Shocking, I know.
    you're right, I should fix that, was rushing >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    The way that BLU Mage talks it could be a worse. I mean seriously he could be this fucker in Norg..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...amaulabion.jpg

Worst/Gayest NPC Dialoge ever written..
    ...is that the evoker ring npc?

Wow, and I thought mayakov was faaabulouth

In any case, I stand by my point, SE tends to not give much thought to their Lores.