HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    I have to say, I don't like this trend.

One of the reason I keep visiting BG long after I stopped playing FFXI is that the general section has everything in it.

I made a FFXIII topic in general a couple days ago and it was locked, because there's already one in the RPG section under the gaming section... gee, I never go there, ever. I don't usually play RPGs, nor do I come to BG specifically to talk about gaming.

I never go to most of the other discussion forums because I keep having to visit every sub sections to read what people are talking about. I really dread that BG will become just one of those other generic social sites.

Please don't let it happen.
    It's not that hard to work out that a Final Fantasy XIII thread will go in the gaming section. Regardless of if you care about specifically talking about gaming it should have been pretty obvious that it didn't belong in general when there's an entire section dedicated to gaming. Is it really that hard to check 2 different sections now instead of one?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I like this, but I can see General being completed gutted eventually. Sports Forum, Media Forum, News/Politics Forum, BG Help Me Please Forum, Stupid Poll Forum or as I would call it, the Do You Pee in the Shower Forum.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    It's not that hard to work out that a Final Fantasy XIII thread will go in the gaming section. Regardless of if you care about specifically talking about gaming it should have been pretty obvious that it didn't belong in general when there's an entire section dedicated to gaming. Is it really that hard to check 2 different sections now instead of one?
    Like I said, I liked BG general because everything was under one section.

No, it's not that hard to check different sections for different topics, it's just not something I'd rather have to think about.

And now it's 3 different sections instead of 2, that is if you really want to say all the other subsections under gaming is one big section.

Say, why do LBP and WoW deserve their own subsections under Gaming and Bentertainment Geekly is everything rolled into one? I demand the Anime subsection!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Would changing the front page to have the subforums listed in the same block as the forum it's in help to eleviate the problems?

Like this:
    http://www.box.net/shared/static/0bg8vq6ceg.jpg

I can see it being useful for Gamer and the Cross Server Application forums.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Would changing the front page to have the subforums listed in the same block as the forum it's in help to eleviate the problems?

Like this:
    http://www.box.net/shared/static/0bg8vq6ceg.jpg

I can see it being useful for Gamer and the Cross Server Application forums.
    Ill see what I can do

fact remains this: We split gaming from general and traffic in the gaming forum has remained amazingly high, general has not suffered one little bit. General is still about general topics and honestly there isnt enough sports, news, and other random BS to make more sub forums, but media type ones are very much amazingly popular, so I dont see this forum being anything less than another success

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Bleh, don't even get started on automotive forums; they're another beast entirely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Does this new forum now make general the new spam?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I don't get the title.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

BG

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Wow, that one went clear over my head. Cool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

So this is purely speculation, and a very, very long shot at that. So take this with a massive grain of salt, but:

Matt Groening, John Dimaggio, David Cohen, and Billy West just did a joint Reddit AMA. Thought it was strange they were all back together and doing an AMA, probably just to hock their mobile game, but...

Matt dropped this nugget, when asked "Why did you choose Nixon as a head in a jar?"

Small hint Futurama is coming back? Or wishful thinking?

Edit:

"There are no new TV episodes or movies in the pipeline at the moment... HOWEVER, here and now I promise a different avenue of exciting Futurama news later this summer, no kidding. Keep your expectations modest and you will be pleased, possibly. I am not allowed to say more or I will be lightly phasered. - David X. Cohen"

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...ening_david_x/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Lucasfilm confirms the Boba Fett Star Wars movie is “100% dead”

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...e-is-100-dead/

Banned.

BG Level

I like this, however I can see General being finished gutted in the long run. Sports Forum, Media Forum, News/Politics Forum, BG Help Me Please Forum, Stupid Poll Forum or as I would call it, the Do You Pee in the Shower Forum.