Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solo/Duo's with ISNM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Solo/Duo's with ISNM

I'm not quite sure if there is a thread dedicated to solo/duo'ing ISNM's. But I would like to see if i could get some insight on some of the strats people have for them? I'd like to get some Khroma Ores and have lots of IS to spare.

I've tried mining before, and I made some decent results, but I'm hoping this might be a slightly faster route to obtaining them. Thanks so much in advance for anyone who replies :D

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This may not be what you're looking for, but I'll throw it out here in case~

I normalli do the puk ISNM /w a BLM friend, but I also dual box a BRD.

Evasion geared Ninja + Mambo x2.
    Average BLM /w -ga II.

Hojo/Kuryami land very easy. /w a decent Evasion build + mambo x2, Puk will miss you about 70-80% of the time. Roughly every 60-90 seconds, the puk will use an ability called Boreals Mantle, and spawns 5 extra puks. The puks take extra damage, are very easy to lullaby, and take extra magic damage. Any -ga II from a BLM will wipe them all out.

I dualbox the BRD we use, and play the Ninja. /w Pianissmo I only need to hit 4 macros: Mambos, Ballads, Elegy, Horde Lullaby on <bt>. Lullaby everytime it spawns adds, and alternate songs after each lullaby. If the BLM is fast, -ga II is going to land before Lullaby does. Each BC lasts ~6 min. I've won the BC replacing the BLM /w a RDM, and also replacing the BLM /w a BLU, but RDM or BLU would need to be well geared.

I think the Puk BC is a safe, fast, and easy BC for three people, but doable /w two if skill/gear is above average. Doing the BC with three people takes less than 30 mins from Staging Point point to finshing the 3rd run. Ore drop is probably around ~20%.

Thanks thats pretty much exactly what I was looking for! I think I can pull this off :D

Any other suggestions from anyone else is greatly appreciated!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've duo'd Puk ISNM several times as evasion geared mnk/nin and rdm/blm

Does the BLM sleepga the puks? or just nukes them down with a -ga spell?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nuke them down, if you have a brd then the brd can horde lullaby them and give the blm some time to nuke them down since he could be in the middle of casting another spell (cure, small nuke etc..). having 6 mobs on you even with good eva gears can easily overwhelm any nin. And iirc, i don't think dark-based sleep (1, 2 or ga) works on those adds.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I usually do this BRD, THF, WHM. The Puk clones despawn over time so I just have the BRD horde lullaby. The WHM (or RDM) can enfeeble, cure, haste, etc..

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've solo'd Compliments to the Chef a couple of times on RDM/NIN, but it's not easy. I'm also fairly sure that W.Legs are essential since Bind and Gravity build resistance extremely quickly.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    I've solo'd Compliments to the Chef a couple of times on RDM/NIN, but it's not easy. I'm also fairly sure that W.Legs are essential since Bind and Gravity build resistance extremely quickly.
    they're not. i've done it without wlegs. meds however are needed without them (and probably even with wlegs...). iirc, i used a vile elixir, vile elixir+1, and int potion (used during CS nukes at start), and maybe another ether or something? idr.

good nuking gear is definitely needed, elemental merits would help tremendously as well (i don't get too many resists with my 1 merit, using relic pants, but even a 20% resist rate can really slow the fight down, and time can definitely be a determining factor.

complements to the chef duo is a complete joke. rdm/nin and another rdm/nin, or a blm, cor (i duod it with a gimp ~62 cor before..), and maybe even a brd.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I didn't use Chainspell, which made the fight more drawn-out and led to my assuming that W.Legs were necessary. I'd definitely recommend using Chainspell to anyone else attempting this, though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Happy Caster is soloable by NIN.

http://www.guba.com/watch/3000043724 is solo video.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I use to solo Compliments to the Chef all the time when I had ISP, if you have the right gear it's actually a very easy fight to do. (Chapeau/Morrigan's/Cuisses) Meds were never needed and I would always use my 2hr at the beginning of the fight, no convert recast merits. If you had convert recast merits but no Chapeau or Robe/Dalmatica that would also suffice. If you know how to path the NM properly you don't need to cast grav/bind all that often, just keep bio on it, poison doesn't land, and nuke as often as you can if your MP allows. I'll try and find the vid my friend posted on our website of a similar strat to how I do it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Other than a couple of SE weaponskills to speed things up it looks like he just /ra it to death running in between nukes. Is it really that easy?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rex_garuda View Post
    When you outrun one of his nukes don't run to far away but just stop outside casting range and then move closer to him as soon as he finishes. This way you can apply dots during his short casting cooldown and it will take longer to get to the opposite end of the BC where you need your Stun ready to change direction.
    Any clue if his casting range is 20 or 25'?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    Any clue if his casting range is 20 or 25'?
    I thought most mobs casting range was appromimately 30'.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I thought most mobs casting range was appromimately 30'.
    Yeah, it depends on the terrain, I've been hit by some spells like just after 28.0 before, you want to be over 30.0 to be absolutely sure.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Fair enough, it's rare I need to range a spell when meriting at puddings, but I need 50k more to cap off rng snapshot so I'll test it and post some results back.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006 View Post
    Other than a couple of SE weaponskills to speed things up it looks like he just /ra it to death running in between nukes. Is it really that easy?
    Don't know, haven't tried, I don't have the patience to level Throwing.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk View Post
    Yeah, it depends on the terrain, I've been hit by some spells like just after 28.0 before, you want to be over 30.0 to be absolutely sure.
    they can finish a spell up to 30', but can't start casting after ~21-23