+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

7 Pounds (MC: 36, RT: 27%)

Anyone who hasnt seen the movie def. should go, its very good and well worth it

to other people who have seen it, what did you think?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Bentertainment Geekly - Order of the Blue Gartr

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/bente...others-12.html

Why hello thar!

Anyway, I really liked this movie. One of the best of the year imo. Along with Gran Torino and Curious Case.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Horrible trailer lead me to look up what the movie is actually about then I read the plot on the wiki and became even more uninterested. Not my kind of movie I guess.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Bentertainment Geekly - Order of the Blue Gartr

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/bente...others-12.html

Why hello thar!

Anyway, I really liked this movie. One of the best of the year imo. Along with Gran Torino and Curious Case.
    Actually people been making new thread about new releases for awhile. so right topic wrong forum.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

/facepalm

That is what I just said dude, which is why I linked it to the forum. I linked that thread as well because it was recently being talked about as well at the time.

Perhaps it's just me, but it sometimes takes me a month to discover that there is a new area for certain threads-- and most of the time I wonder where some posts end up.

Why can't general discussion be general? Although, I agree anime and video games deserve a board. However, movies don't.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

I weren't a man I would have cried almost the whole movie.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    This

Watched this about a week ago without knowing anything about it going into it. Now it's the movie I tell people to see. Just plain great.

And...
    or at least at the end.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    The movie manipulated your ass, was cheap and nonsensical. Thank god I didn't pay to see this ;o

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

My girlfriend hit a raccoon on the way to the theater. She started crying hysterically cause she killed it. Needless to say she cried the entire movie almost. For me, I was exaggerating a bit, but just to lead on that it's a very emotional movie. The end was indeed the most manliness not crying part for me though.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

To say it was fantastic would be an understatement. Wife QQ'd.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I must have a heart of stone. I thought the movie was really weak, horrible even. It was very fragmented; I spent most of the movie asking myself wtf was going. I already knew how the movie was gonna end from the very first scene; which I hated. It was just a matter of figuring out how it will end now, but the movie kept giving me conflicting collage of scene after scene: the past blurring with the present -and- the future.

The movie turned into a puzzle and I am actively trying to figure out how this will end. Then the last five minutes of the movie started tying everything together. The movie started to finally make sense, a little. I think to myself, wow, that's a very thoughtful way of dealing with regret. I see the triumph of the human spirit in its ability to possess infinite kindness, but was it necessary to tell the story in such a fragmented form?

Good movie once you know the whole story, but getting to that point was very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by hagun View Post
    I must have a heart of stone. I thought the movie was really weak, horrible even. It was very fragmented; I spent most of the movie asking myself wtf was going. I already knew how the movie was gonna end from the very first scene; which I hated. It was just a matter of figuring out how it will end now, but the movie kept giving me conflicting collage of scene after scene: the past blurring with the present -and- the future.

The movie turned into a puzzle and I am actively trying to figure out how this will end. Then the last five minutes of the movie started tying everything together. The movie started to finally make sense, a little. I think to myself, wow, that's a very thoughtful way of dealing with regret. I see the triumph of the human spirit in its ability to possess infinite kindness, but was it necessary to tell the story in such a fragmented form?

Good movie once you know the whole story, but getting to that point was very annoying.
    I think the trailer was enough to give the plot away. The acting was good. It had good scenes like toward the end. Overall, I'm glad I watched it online though. Too cheesy, needs more genocide and ennui.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

I cried at the end, I really wanted to have sex with the black chick tho, she was freakin' hot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    I cried at the end, I really wanted to have sex with the black chick tho, she was freakin' hot.
    Rosario Dawson.

Also i saw this the day it came out and thought it was fantastic.

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Whatever happened to "anti-scientology"?

Will Smith is a scientologist.

It's pretty well documented how f'ed up the CoS is. Is this movie good enough to see despite the fact that anyone seeing the movie is paying a known Scientology member for their performance?

Not trying to stir up shit. Just want an honest opinion.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Predictable ending, especially when you think about the title. I've always had the knack to figure out endings, but this one was pretty clear to me. Even though I predict these movies, I still enjoy watching them play out. This was hit and miss. I liked the idea, and how it played out. But I also think it could have been shot and directed better.

Spoiler: show
    The ending was rushed, especially when it clarfied his relationship with his brother.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by finitek View Post
    Will Smith is a scientologist.

It's pretty well documented how f'ed up the CoS is. Is this movie good enough to see despite the fact that anyone seeing the movie is paying a known Scientology member for their performance?

Not trying to stir up shit. Just want an honest opinion.
    He's donated money to some of the church's causes (which is charity causes for detox and shit), but has said, repeatedly, that he isn't a scientologist. Even gone as far as saying that he isn't a fan of any organized religion.