Thread: Movie Marathons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Movie Marathons

Has anyone ever done one of these? Where you stay at the theatre all day and see as many movies as possible? I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow for Christmas but I need suggestions of recent (and movies coming out tomorrow) movies to see.

Also if you've done one of these, discuss it and what not.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

The Spirit, Bedtime Stories, Valkyrie for sure, Yes Man, and The Day the Earth Stood Still if you haven't seen them already. Dunno about 7 Pounds since I haven't seen it but I'd probably throw that in as well.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

The two MUST SEE movies are Seven Pounds and The Curious Case. Nothing else matters.

I don't think Gran Torino is out, I watched it online though and that is a must see as well.

Other decent ones would be Yes Man and The Spirit.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I watched in the electric mist with tommy lee jones last night and it was pretty good. Unrated tropic thunder was good, gran torino was great. Cant go wrong with lotr extended trilogy of course, but thats been a holiday staple for a while

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Has anyone ever done one of these? Where you stay at the theatre all day and see as many movies as possible? I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow for Christmas but I need suggestions of recent (and movies coming out tomorrow) movies to see.

Also if you've done one of these, discuss it and what not.
    I always watch 2 movies at once, I drive 30 miles to do it, to Concord NC, because the theatre is amazing and its only 5 bucks a movie before 5 pm, gunna watch valkyire and despereax or yes man on monday.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    I always watch 2 movies at once, I drive 30 miles to do it, to Concord NC, because the theatre is amazing and its only 5 bucks a movie before 5 pm, gunna watch valkyire and despereax or yes man on monday.
    Well there's no faggot matinee prices on Christmas, so I paid $8 for 4 movies, $13.50 for an IMAX ticket, and $13 for food/drink. Also this fine bitch at the ticket counter was all over my junk because of my "honesty" for not sneaking into the movies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Well there's no faggot matinee prices on Christmas, so I paid $8 for 4 movies, $13.50 for an IMAX ticket, and $13 for food/drink. Also this fine bitch at the ticket counter was all over my junk because of my "honesty" for not sneaking into the movies.
    Did you get her number?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Did you get her number?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I did this before once but was a spur of the moment thing after we got out of the first movie, was really fun but dunno if it would be as fun if I planned to stay at the movie theater all day rather then just saying 'ok one more movie', ended up watching like 4-5 I think.