+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

My router is giving me grief

So I got a D Link router a couple months ago in hopes of making my connection to Halo 3 better cause I always seem to lag. Everyone once in a while though when I unplug my router and modem for a reset, The router will not connect back after I hook it back up. I have tried everything I can think of:

Run through the connection wizard in the router, Set setting in TCP/IP back to automatically detect instead of static IP and DNS, Setting a new IP and nothing is working. I have to hook up directly to the modem to get on and it's a pain as well as unsafe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the model number is DIR 655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router and yes my firmware is up to date

And Halo 3 still lags.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Get a new router. Non-D-link for starters.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some cable internet providers require a binding to a particular MAC address from a pc in order to get an ip. I know mine does as it will refuse to give an ip if I hook directly to the modem with my laptop or ps2. To go around this my router has an option to clone the MAC address of my main pc so it can get an ip. Hopefully this is all you have to do.