+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I thought kyo-ani cancelled the second season to make that Haruhi-chan or whatever SD Haruhi ;o

Black Belt
    BG Level

Haruhi tan is just a series of manga shorts iirc

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

After watching the entire series twice (First in Kyon's, and once in Haruhi's order). I would have to say that "Haruhi's" episode order (see below) is the best in terms of explaining the main story quickly, but it leaves out alot of character development in the series early on as many people have said before.

Also having the episode "Someday in the rain" as the ending was semi-depressing. And not as upbeat/well-going as having "Part 6" in the end. Plus it just makes more sense to having "Episode Part 6" for the ending of that series.

http://imgshack.info/images/jnnbsk2t617a6efsth.jpg

I also liked Kyon's order (see below also if needed), but the problem I had with it is that I would become very confused with all the loose information being thrown around about the characters.

http://imgshack.info/images/02j4od4tm9ysn7kaf66d.jpg

Also having to pause in my mind certain events from episodes sometimes kinda confused me. But the bonus of this order style made me feel as if the story was much more complete at the end. I had a better feel that I knew the characters backgrounds/plot in much more detail early-on this way.

But since I watched the series for the first time this way, it was much more confusing for me as I mentioned above.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but just thought I'd throw this out there.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Oh you people and your order complains, when I watched it, all I got was kyon's order.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

haha, either way. I loved the series as a whole. And this is coming from someone that usually avoids this genre of anime.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Believe me, when I first saw the title, and the first episode (airing order) I honestly thought it was a shitty series.

Now I'm raging for each new anime season where I don't find Haruhi S2 on the lineup, so far it's like at least 10 seasons or so and counting.

i've heard a lot about this series being good, but can't get myself to actually watch it >_< is it all its hyped up to be? or one of those things, you either like it or you dont.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    i've heard a lot about this series being good, but can't get myself to actually watch it >_< is it all its hyped up to be? or one of those things, you either like it or you dont.
    it's pretty must watch, I pretty much dare you not to watch the rest of it after watching the 1st TV broadcasted episode (episode 00 which is also episode 1 as I understand it, been a while since I watched it)

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'd just skip asahina mikuru no bouken, since it really doesn't reflect the rest of the series, and only actually hillarious/funny after watching the entire suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu arc and/or read the second novel.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I'd just skip asahina mikuru no bouken, since it really doesn't reflect the rest of the series, and only actually hillarious/funny after watching the entire suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu arc and/or read the second novel.
    Yeah, I can agree with this. I watched this when I first downloaded Haruhi and couldn't really get into the anime. I then retried 6 months later starting at episode 2 and I loved the rest of it, lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

There's no real reason to skip it though. There are plenty of hints in ep00 that show you something otherworldly is going on and that you're not watching some run of the mill love/comedy anime. Capping the series by watching ep00 twice is actually how I watched the series the first time through.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

^ this

Many times during the episode, you can easily tell the event going on is actually a project for the carnival. (Haruhi stepping into scenes by accident, Mikuru reading off of flash cards, Kyon mentioning in narration scenes hes not supposed to be in just yet, etc.)

Plus at the end, it wraps up for you that it is just indeed a "project" of some sort. With this "Haruhi" character you haven't yet been introduced to yet running the helm of the project.

Either way, even though chronologically it makes more sense obviously, I think its a good way to start the series.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

still doesn't tell me where i can watch them streaming, cuz i don't get youtube order

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

your better off just downloading the complete pack on demonoid, 2.64gb or so.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I watched 00 first and thought it was a fantastic way to introduce the series. The show doesn't take itself seriously, they wanted to make sure you knew that.

Like Excel Saga lol

I think it takes itself more seriously than Excel Saga. That show is least serious thing you could ever watch lol

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You need to watch Puni Puni Poemi.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I loved excel saga, but Puni puni poemi was pushing it...i laughed a few time, but the rest wasn't that funny, or just plain wrong.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5429/poemijh7.jpg

Puni Puni Poemi was great, shut your whore mouth.

Also I'd recommend either watching Someday in the Rain last, or not watching it at all. It's decent as an ending but as anything else it's 24 minutes you're never getting back.