Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Wild Card weekend. All aboard, last call for bandwagoners! NO MORE COWBOYS TALK...WEEEEEEE

Not the greatest matchups for home teams. Terrible actually. What's even more terrible? We got possibly the best playoff matchup in the wildcard this year. Colts are 12-4 and the Chargers are 8-8...AND THE COLTS ARE ON THE ROAD. Playoff system is incredibly fair huh? We need BCS in the NFL for realz! Odds all the away teams win this week are at 90,000:1. I heard that somewhere, probably The Herd or Tirico. With that said, all the away teams aren't going to win. That would be absurd. So onto the picks!

Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals - The matchup of a rookie QB and a rookie coach going against a veteran QB and the best WR core in the NFL. Neither team has great wins. Atlanta beat a streaking Minnesota team and Arizona beat lolDallas. Arizona has been good (not great) at home this year, and laying eggs like a henhouse the last few weeks. With that said, Atlanta has been winning all their games lately, but none were wins by more than 7 points. In a close game, I cannot feasibly take a rookie QB and rookie coach on the road in the playoffs. Arizona wins.

Indianapolis Colts @ San Diego Chargers - The Colts went on a fucking amazing 9-0 streak to end the season in a tough division. The Chargers lucked their way into the playoffs with an 8-8 record in one of the worst divisions in football, but hey, they won 5 strait. I think the key to this game for the chargers will be Cromartie. If he can hold Wayne to under 100 yards, the Chargers MAY, may stand a chance. I still don't think it's a very good one. The Colts will need to get the running game going to at least keep the Chargers honest, but I don't suspect they need any 100+ yard performances. I said several weeks ago that Warner was the MVP. LOL @ me. I was wrong and incredibly stupid. I've been hyping this game all week, although I don't suspect it to be a close game. In the playoffs, flaws get exposed. The Chargers biggest flaw is defense and you have the (arguably) best QB ever going against them. Colts steamroll the Chargers.

Baltimore Ravens @ Miami Dolphins - Two very hot teams coming in. The Ravens are 4-1 in their last 5 against a brutal schedule they've played. The Dolphins are 5-0 in their last 5. The difference maker in this game? Chad Pennington. Stat of the week! In games where Pennington throws an INT, the dolphins are 3-4. Not great. And considering that he's going up against one of the league's best defenses, it doesn't look great. If the Dolphins play like they have all season, with no more than 1 turnover and forcing the Ravens into 2 or 3, they'll win. I don't predict this to be as high scoring as the first matchup, and I have to homer it up and take the Dolphins.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Minnesota Vikings - Not a lot to say here, I get Jim Johnson's defense against....Tavaris Jackson? This is not a great matchup for the Vikings, and my only concern is that EVERYONE thinks this. When everyone thinks the same thing, the opposite oftentimes happens. If the Vikings slow down Westbrook (which they are capable of), then it could be closer than anticipated. Don't see it happening though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

all 4 road teams advance this week.

they'll be talking about this all day Sunday, first time in blah blah years.

Every one of those road teams are superior to the home opponents.

And can we please stop talking about how the Colts play in a "tough" division?
    Houston and Jacksonville did crap outside of their division, and Tennessee hasn't played a meaningful game in about a month - the last of which was against an Indy team that had no where to go.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

vikings game is on the verge of being blacked out in Minnesota lolololol

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    vikings game is on the verge of being blacked out in Minnesota lolololol
    I saw that haha

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbong View Post

Houston and Jacksonville did crap outside of their division, and Tennessee hasn't played a meaningful game in about a month - the last of which was against an Indy team that had no where to go.
    Did you watch Houston or are you just talking out of your ass. Jacksonville had a subpar year but mostly due to injuries in key positions. The Colts play in a very good division, you're delusional to think it's not.

Edit: You're from Boston, so your post just made sense.

And to nitpick your post, it'll be the first time EVER (although this format has only been alive since '02), not the first time in years. 3 of four won in 04 and 05 though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The home team with the best chance to win is Miami. I like the Falcons and the Colts to advance pretty easily. The Ravens/Dolphins is a coinflip to me; that game will be like 13-10 either way. My upset pick is the Vikings over the Eagles, and that ensures that all 4 road teams don't win, assuming the Ravens squeak one out over a sound Dolphins team.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So what are the Cowboys doing in regards to FA?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just don't trust Tavaris Jackson vs a Jim Johnson defense. They have AP but I think if you can someone contain him enough to MAKE them pass and have him force the ball to Berrian and Vicente Shiancoe.

I see Samuel locking down Berrian and Dawkins helping over top on Rice and whoever else they have when he isn't on Shiancoe.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Miami for the comeback season to the super bowl!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have two tickets to the Vikings game... the last time they had a home playoff game was in 2000 when I was 15, so I foolishly bought tickets ASAP for $90 each in the lower level, thinking it would sell out fast.

Well, there's 14,000 tickets remaining to be sold by tomorrow. The Vikings can get an extension to Friday, which I think they will need given the new year. I'm 50/50 on them selling out by Friday.

It's not that we are poor fans... it's the price of tickets which is nuts. Nobody wants to pay $150+ to sit in the upper level or some crappy angle in the lower level in the Metrodome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    So what are the Cowboys doing in regards to FA?
    Michal Vick, Charlie Rodgers and anyone from UT to max contracts.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

And Bengals haven't done shit yet. DLine Coach, OLine Coach and Offensive Coordinator need to get the fuck out. Now.

Also, they need to grab Pioli before the Browns do. Fucking hate this franchise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Did you watch Houston or are you just talking out of your ass. Jacksonville had a subpar year but mostly due to injuries in key positions. The Colts play in a very good division, you're delusional to think it's not.

Edit: You're from Boston, so your post just made sense.

And to nitpick your post, it'll be the first time EVER (although this format has only been alive since '02), not the first time in years. 3 of four won in 04 and 05 though.
    Houston: 8-8.
    Wins @: Cleveland and Green Bay
    Wins at home: Miami, Detroit, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Chicago.

The Tenn win was in week 15, with everything locked up. So tell me again what made them a tough opponent?

As far as where I'm from, I don't see where that has a lick to do with what I posted. The AFC North, AFC East, NFC East and NFC South would all be considered better divisions than the AFC South. So that's put them somewhere in the middle of the pack, not my definition of a tough division.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The Tenn win was in week 15, with everything locked up. So tell me again what made them a tough opponent?
    Four losses came at the helm of Rosenfels. The Texans are an incredibly good team. Very underrated. As I said, if you haven't seen them play (which you clearly haven't), you wouldn't know. The Colts play in a very tough division, there is really no way to justify saying they don't.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I've never noticed you in this thread, but just stay out.

Tenn played Pitt for home field throughout the playoffs about 10 days ago....lol. That is about as meaningful as a regular season game can get, wow...

Oh, and about the AFC South: Any team can win any given week. Jacksonville always has the threat of beating the shit out of you on the ground, TN can do it any way, the Colts can trounce you for 42 on offense, and Houston is like the 3rd or 4th overall ranked offense in the league.

Edit- TN and Indy would shit all over your little NFC South btw.

I like how you avoided the question of whether you watched them or not. I clearly remember watching the Tennessee game and they were talking about how Tenneesee needed that win to secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs (and how it was therefore a stupid decision not to go for a field goal late in the game - instead they went for it on 4th down and failed)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Indianapolis Colts @ San Diego Chargers - The Colts went on a fucking amazing 9-0 streak to end the season in a tough division. The Chargers lucked their way into the playoffs with an 8-8 record in one of the worst divisions in football, but hey, they won 5 strait. I think the key to this game for the chargers will be Cromartie. If he can hold Wayne to under 100 yards, the Chargers MAY, may stand a chance. I still don't think it's a very good one. The Colts will need to get the running game going to at least keep the Chargers honest, but I don't suspect they need any 100+ yard performances. I said several weeks ago that Warner was the MVP. LOL @ me. I was wrong and incredibly stupid. I've been hyping this game all week, although I don't suspect it to be a close game. In the playoffs, flaws get exposed. The Chargers biggest flaw is defense and you have the (arguably) best QB ever going against them. Colts steamroll the Chargers.
    I don't think Wayne's gonna be the receiver of choice in that game if the Colts win. San Diego has been bad at keeping the ball out of tight ends' hands all season, and Jammer is fairly decent at man coverage. I don't have a very strong feeling that Cooper in the middle can contain Dallas Clark while Manning is sitting back in that perfect pocket all day So yeah, if Colts win, Clark 8 catches for 100 yards or more.

I've still gotta hope the Chargers can win though. I just can't fathom a way that they would pull it off Maybe Sproles somehow explodes like Michael Bush or Fred Jackson while LT watches on the sidelines with that groin strain, but if he gets the bulk of the carries, that's like a guaranteed fumble at some point.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I believe San Diego gives up more fantasy points than any team to Tight Ends. Look for the Colts to trounce them with Clark.

As far as where I'm from, I don't see where that has a lick to do with what I posted. The AFC North, AFC East, NFC East and NFC South would all be considered better divisions than the AFC South. So that's put them somewhere in the middle of the pack, not my definition of a tough division.
    Going strictly by W/L record, the AFC South collectively was tied for the second best record in football with the AFC east and NFC east, by that measure I think overall it's a pretty good division.

I do think most of Indy's best "quality" wins were outside of conference though, they played a tough schedule in a good division.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

ROFL, The AFC East is not better than the AFC South. The AFC East had the easiest schedule in recent memory (and I'm a Dolphins homer). The NFC east may be on par with the AFC East, but I'd give the AFC East the edge. Calling the AFC North better is lulz-filled. I mean, the titans and the Colts didn't beat the Steelers did they? Oh, they did? And to even begin to think that Houston/Jax isn't better than Cleveland and Cinci is fucking laughable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast