Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Moving gil from 1 character to another on same account

I had heard there was a trick to put an item in bazaar for 10m gil. D/c and login real fast on another character to buy the item in bazaar to move the gil or item. Has anyone ever gotten this to work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You can't login until the other character d/c's I believe. Just put something like Wolf Gorget +1 on the ah and buy it with your other character for all the gil you want to transfer.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Or just move it 1m at a time 10 times

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Or just move it 1m at a time 10 times
    But some people are impatient. D:

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

He could have had it done by the time he wrote this thread and waited on some responses.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Trick is to put 10 mil item up for 1 gil, tell me when/where you are doing this, then attempt to dc before I buy it.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

you dont even play anymore day ;; D:

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

thats what you think

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

As long as it isn't the same character you're logging back on, you can actually log on and be on two of your characters at the same time. You have to DC yourself in a particular way to do this though, and I honestly can't remember how. I just kept doing it unintentionally a while ago when I had pretty severe connection problems (I think I call them Low-S DCs?). Basically, any time you get the "That character is already logged in" error, then you could have logged in as another character and your first would still have been there. At one point I had all three of my characters technically "on" my linkshell list at once.

But yeah, the much simpler way (probably as fast or faster considering) is to put something random, rare, and worthless on AH then buy it with your mule/main for the amount of gil you want to transfer. Think, like, Faerie Tunics and such. Something that you can throw on the AH at 5k and not fear losing, but you won't have any competition selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    As long as it isn't the same character you're logging back on, you can actually log on and be on two of your characters at the same time. You have to DC yourself in a particular way to do this though, and I honestly can't remember how. I just kept doing it unintentionally a while ago when I had pretty severe connection problems (I think I call them Low-S DCs?). Basically, any time you get the "That character is already logged in" error, then you could have logged in as another character and your first would still have been there. At one point I had all three of my characters technically "on" my linkshell list at once.

But yeah, the much simpler way (probably as fast or faster considering) is to put something random, rare, and worthless on AH then buy it with your mule/main for the amount of gil you want to transfer. Think, like, Faerie Tunics and such. Something that you can throw on the AH at 5k and not fear losing, but you won't have any competition selling.
    Yea I'm more interested in this trick. Since although the AH works for gil transfers, I'd also like a way to transfer stuff like Kirin's Osode. Thanks everyone.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Would seem safer and simpler to have a friend hold it.

If you have no one you trust that much...(!!), then do a straight up trade for like osode for a sniper's +1, i.e., something of about equal value.

idk, if you have an osode or more than 5 million gil you oughta have at least 1 person you can do this with.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    Would seem safer and simpler to have a friend hold it.

If you have no one you trust that much...(!!), then do a straight up trade for like osode for a sniper's +1, i.e., something of about equal value.

idk, if you have an osode or more than 5 million gil you oughta have at least 1 person you can do this with.
    Unless of course, that osode or more than 5 million gil was the cause those at-least-1-person will no longer do you this favor.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'd help, you help me out all the time. If I steal you can castrate me on these forums

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What you can do is post an item that nobody really buys on the AH on the one toon, and from the other toon, buy it for 10 mil or whatever. Just make sure it's the only one in stock or you'll be ending up in the "Good Deals at the Mistake of Others" thread.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Uhh, am I being wooshed...? Why don't you just DB the gil to the other character?

edit: wait nvm i was being stupid :3

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Well I've never had the luck, or joy, of having that much gil at one time but if I did... I think the best idea is to have someone that you can trust 100% maybe like family or something, or maybe even a new account... Trade the gil to yourself (or trusted person) and then have them trade it to your other character...

The 1 mil at a time thing is also the most secure if you don't have another account and no one knows your account information...

P.S What I thought you posted originally was a hax to give yourself a free 10 m gil... I WAS gonna say I never tried it but I'd sure as hell like to know if it works cause now its much harder for me to make gil than it was before... I've looked stuff up and tried new things but its not the same