+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by donnie View Post
    even if you end up getting many PW triggers ready, it doesnt mean you will TP burn PW, it will still be most likely 1-2 fight per week.
    Yeah I agree with this, it's a long fight and people will be tired after one, maybe two. I remember in my old sea shell, we'd take quite a while to down JoL, and I'm glad as hell we didn't do more than 2 a night.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

wonder if a HH will ever be sold.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Trophy drop rate is just fine

now that I'm 3/3 for mythic.

In other news yeah rumor around the way is HH has already been sold once.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    In other news yeah rumor around the way is HH has already been sold once.
    Fact.

Others lined up as well.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Interesting I would've been in that line

Quote Originally Posted by Narse View Post
    Fact.

Others lined up as well.
    Curious how much the hachiryu haramaki was sold for. I would assume 100-150mil?

Thats a free relic lol. Nice, you guys are lucky to be able to farm him.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    If they were 100% we would be sitting on about 100pops and we would be killing 2 PWs every time we go to do it.
    true but it does give the option to those who would like to try. the beauty of systems like Sky was that as long as you succeed in killing the NM, it gave you a pass to move on to the next stage... whether or not you could actually handle it, and it wasn't some drop based on luck...

the ZNM system was fundamentally designed to echo this sentiment, but they made it even more fair to all in that there was absolutely no need to compete for NM/trigger claims thru the use of the zeni trigger / trophy system. Pandemonium Warden only serves to do the very opposite of this system.

Burning 2 PWs a week isn't a big deal. The only thing it'd do against you is that you won't make as much gil from selling those items. And it might diminish epeen value of those who already cleared him. Thats it.

Lets take Kirin as an old school example. Kirin started off with few people defeating it, and then progressed on to becoming multiple LS popping like 3 per week. They were only able to do this because there were no unfair luck-based barriers to entry.
    Sure the price of the his drops were shot down, but their actual value as equipment have not changed much.. and its still considerably inaccessible to casual gamers.

PW is a harder mob than Kirin, and with a time limit. If you're able to put out 2 pops per week, wouldn't you only stand to gain? Sure other people will get to attempt him, but not everyone is good enough to kill him (at least not so soon) and not everyone will win...
    More pops also allows for more testing on how to make the fight easier.. improving the gear options for players and all...
    And at the very least, if you have the time for it, its free PW pops from LS that wipe..

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

well anyway ZNM is about trophys for now IN MOST SHELLS/GROUP

most people lot their own trohpy and wont waste them to try PW YET

until PW becomes a norm like kirin, we wont really expect to see more PW fights

so for now from what i see in most groups, getting 3 trohpy for your own mythic, gtfo ZNM, take a break, until most people collected their own trohpy is the norm. it may take a while(or never) before some LS finally dedicate to killing PW

if not, we wont be seeing any more PW kills besides apathy and a handful of "serious" shells

its not like apathy is the only 1 that can kill PW, im sure if more people dedicate their trophy to the LS, to pile up for PW and actually fight it, there should be more kills

however, someone has to do it first so others try it. Apathy have done that, and its up to other LS to actually try it now, than to wait for results and strategy.

So we shouldnt take anything away from apathy

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    well anyway Z
    ZNM is about trophys for now

most people lot their own trohpy and wont waste them to try PW YET

when PW becomes a norm like kirin, we wont really expect to see more PW fights

so for now, getting 3 trohpy for your mythic and gtfo ZNM, take a break, until people collected their own trohpy, and the LS finally dedicate to killing PW

if not, we wont be seeing any more PW kills besides apathy
    we just saw 2 non-apathy pw kills

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    how is the final fight requiring 35+ people not "something wrong" with znm >.>

Nothing should take more than 18. Nothing
    I seem to remember an old assed interview stating that AV (and one can assume PW now) was designed in the way that you do need 24+ members to kill effectively. And from there another one that stated that relics (assume mythics as well) were greatly helpful for defeating him quickly. Which would make sense, I mean a sole purpose to endgame is to gear up people to the max to fight the hardest NMs in the game...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it gets a little ridiculous when even the best geared people in the game can't take the NM down.. that happens to be the case with AV..
    we're kinda lucky it isn't so with PW..

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    it gets a little ridiculous when even the best geared people in the game can't take the NM down.. that happens to be the case with AV..
    we're kinda lucky it isn't so with PW..
    It's just a shame that it's Meteor spam that's the major cockblock. Ehhh someone will defeat it effectively... eventually... maybe... lol XD

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I seem to remember an old assed interview stating that AV (and one can assume PW now) was designed in the way that you do need 24+ members to kill effectively. And from there another one that stated that relics (assume mythics as well) were greatly helpful for defeating him quickly. Which would make sense, I mean a sole purpose to endgame is to gear up people to the max to fight the hardest NMs in the game...
    SE said pw can be killed with 18 people.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

No they didn't.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post

if not, we wont be seeing any more PW kills besides apathy and a handful of "serious" shells

its not like apathy is the only 1 that can kill PW, im sure if more people dedicate their trophy to the LS, to pile up for PW and actually fight it, there should be more kills

however, someone has to do it first so others try it. Apathy have done that, and its up to other LS to actually try it now, than to wait for results and strategy.

So we shouldnt take anything away from apathy
    you said "apathy" to much in this post

I like the nerf on PW and AV. I think every mob in the game is partially balanced now. (nomore 18+ hour fights, nothing lasts more then 2 hours anymore)

But I believe everyone and their mom would attempt PW if they keep him nerfed like he is now plus remove that time limit barrier or make it 3 hours to depop. (for the non relic weapon linkshells).
    Then again, if every NM in the game could be beaten without a relic, then what would the purpose of the relic be

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    I like the nerf on PW and AV. I think every mob in the game is partially balanced now. (nomore 18+ hour fights, nothing lasts more then 2 hours anymore)

But I believe everyone and their mom would attempt PW if they keep him nerfed like he is now plus remove that time limit barrier or make it 3 hours to depop. (for the non relic weapon linkshells).
    Then again, if every NM in the game could be beaten without a relic, then what would the purpose of the relic be
    You don't "need" a relic for every NM in this game. Most NMs are laughable now, many are done with under 12 players without relics. Relics help speed up the process and makes it a smoother fight. Do you need relics for AV and PW? Mostly likely due to the time limit and other factors contributing to their difficulty. And Everyone and their Mom attempting PW wouldn't happen due to Tier 4 ZNM trophy drop rates being abysmal and the time it takes to even get the Tier 4 pop items themselves.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gere View Post
    No they didn't.
    Looking at ZNMs, it feels like the strength gap of Tier 5’s Pandemonium Warden is far and away much wider than between Tiers 1-4. How many people did you expect would be needed to subdue this monster? Also, could you provide some kind of hint towards accomplishing this feat?

Sase: I would assume that a group of 18 people could take on Pandemonium Warden, but with more people you will have a better chance of defeating him. I cannot give you any specific strategies for defeating him, but I can promise you I did not design this monster to be unbeatable.