BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Basic Points System for Sea

Allo. As a shell we've done quite well in Sky for a while but recently the enthusiasm has dimmed and so we've decided we'd move to Sea. We've mostly managed without a points system but I'll be honest and say it would have been better to have had some basic indication of effort in place and so for Sea we've decided on a different approach.

Our issue is compounded with the fact that we're an EU/NA shell so static farming times can be an issue and a lot of our peeps work shifts. So, I've been thinking that I'd like to set up something really simple where we allow members to donate pop items (farmed or bought, idc) in return for some basic recognition.

The advantages are that a lot of these organs can be farmed solo or in small groups. We were thinking about setting up a quota so we don't get overwhelmed with one type of organ. We could announce what we need on a monthly basis or something.

We'd then have to work out a value for the torques/weapons and points for popping the Jailers.

Does anyone have a simple system they use for this or do something similar?

My thought was that the Deeds are harder to get than the organs and that there are tiers of difficulty here with Deeds > Stack of Chips > Aern/Euvhi > the rest. Is that a reasonable assumption? I know from personal experience the work that goes into Deeds and farming Euvhi/Aerns.

• Deed of Moderation Ix'DRK Used to Spawn: Jailer of Justice.
    • Deed of Placidity Ix'MNK Used to Spawn: Jailer of Hope.
    • Deed of Sensibility Ix'DRG Used to Spawn: Jailer of Prudence
    • Ghrah M Chip Used to Spawn: Jailer of Fortitude (12 required)
    • HQ Aern Organ Used to Spawn: Ix'MNK
    • HQ Euvhi Organ Used to Spawn: Jailer of Faith
    • HQ Hpmede Used to Spawn: Jailer of Prudence
    • HQ Phuabo Used to Spawn: Jailer of Hope.
    • HQ Xzomit Used to Spawn: Jailer of Justice

What would you do?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I would use Wafik's /point system.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

He /points at ppl and they lot?

But yeah basically, I'm in the same boat, what we're resorting to is just taking down attendance/record donated items, and use our best judgment. At first, I wanted a 1 point per NM kill system and have a priority list based off that, but stuff doesnt drop often enough to make a straight point system worthwhile.

However, if you do, I'd only accept donations of the items from Temperance and Ix'drg, and then a full stack of ghrah chips. The HQ organs can be farmed/solo'd easily to spam/skew any point system.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

idk, HQ aern organs are a bitch to farm, worse than ghrah chips imo.

we mostly do /point, but we have a system where whoever gives us HQ aern organs has dibs on a vice that drops on their pop.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We use highest points, can equip, and has interest gets item.
    3 points per Notorious Monster kill, 1 for donating a pop item (HQ organ, deed, full stack of chips), and a fair number of points for Ix'aerns that don't want to come out and play after 3+ hours. Every drop is worth 100 points, this is the only thing I don't agree with. The points earned outweigh the points spent. But that's the leader's problem not mine.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    He /points at ppl and they lot?

But yeah basically, I'm in the same boat, what we're resorting to is just taking down attendance/record donated items, and use our best judgment. At first, I wanted a 1 point per NM kill system and have a priority list based off that, but stuff doesnt drop often enough to make a straight point system worthwhile.

However, if you do, I'd only accept donations of the items from Temperance and Ix'drg, and then a full stack of ghrah chips. The HQ organs can be farmed/solo'd easily to spam/skew any point system.
    Yeah I was a bit worried about that. I guess there is no easy way, I'll just record things and make em public, that way peeps will see who is contributing and it'll make it easier to /point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you're going to do points, I recommend basing Ix'DRG, Ix"DRK, and maybe Temperance on how long it takes to pop them, and not just "1 point for killing" or whatever

wtf is the "/point" system, besides the remarks made above?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Sac/Shell holder say whos lotting

I ask Dumbass Questions and get Smartass Answers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

my shell rewards solo/group farming outside scheduled sea god times:

1 pt for M chips and HQ euvhi organ
    3 pt for HQ aern organ
    5 pt for deeds
    10 pt virtues

double points for whatever we are low on to beef up holdings.

2 pts per hour doing scheduled events inside palace/garden
    1 pt per hour doing outside NM

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

whoever farm 12 M chips lot torque first of course?
    whoever farm 3 HQ aern organ lots cape of course?

if your LS waste event times on M chips and HQ aern organ, your wasting time

Ix DRG and Ix DRK can be low manned, but if your doing these on event, you can split into 2 groups

sea is all about luck on torques and speed on getting triggers. if you activate all your members on a single NM, you find yourself burning 2-3 hours on 1-2 trigger NMs only

and also in some rainy days, DRG and DRK will not pop too

if your members want items, go low manning stuffs when they are free really helps the shell

for example, people who farm 12 chips for LS to kill fortitude, gets torque first, or he can skip the torque, get the virtue. next he can solo/duo DRK get the deed. get LS help kill JoJ and get priority on torque. I think he puts in enough effort to get a shot at 10% torque rate lol

points dont really work well in sea unless your entire shell likes to waste time farming trigger together.

i still prefer: "You work, you lot"

for those w/o BLMs or RDMs in solo-ing/low manning items and want some goodies, i feel for you. wait for LS events then

Yvonne

Yeah, I agree there with you guys.

Sea is all about luck most of the time. I can't say enough how lame farming Sea can be sometimes. You could pop DRG in 3 mobs or none at all in 5 hours. I think the longest streak was farming DRG for 17 hours total in a few days. No pop at all.

For Torques, whoever puts in the most work farming for them should get it. Not someone that hasn't and has excess points or a brown noser. I can never stand it when I see someone who clearly farmed each M piece, only to get hosed by someone that just happens to be ahead in points or gave out the most hand jobs. Farming Sea is a lot more work than your average sky run.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Yeah, I agree there with you guys.

For Torques, whoever puts in the most work farming for them should get it. Not someone that hasn't and has excess points or a brown noser. I can never stand it when I see someone who clearly farmed each M piece, only to get hosed by someone that just happens to be ahead in points or gave out the most hand jobs. Farming Sea is a lot more work than your average sky run.
    Yeah I agree. Some of us have spent ages farming bits and pieces, popping Ix'Aerns etc. Oh well, the thoughts in this thread have all been helpful, gives me a few things to keep in mind. Especially about the time spent...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rasantath View Post
    wtf is the "/point" system, besides the remarks made above?
    Yeah, its basically attendance moderated by a good leader to choose potential lotter/lotters. It requires a leader that everyone has faith in to make the proper decision, and it is easier to use with a moderately sized LS instead of a larger one.