Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Divisional Round Playoffs - Often Imitated, Never Duplicated!

The berating you guys gave the poor soul who made the thread on a god damned Monday (or was it Sunday night?) was excellent. I think you made him feel kind of bad. Anyway, here we are just a weekend away from conference championships and I'm seeing an alarming trend in the playoffs...Defense

Tennessee
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    New York Giants
    Philadelphia
    Arizona(JUST KIDDING!)

Most of these teams have a respectable defense to say the least. If you're a fan of offense, this year isn't your year. In one game we have a rookie vs a journeyman, in another we have a douchebag vs a guy who headbutts windshields...not real exciting offensively this year unless the Cardinals actually show up again (and hey, they could!). Onto the picks!

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans - Kerry and the Ravens have quite the little history here. Kerry's Giants were beat in the superbowl in 2000 by the Ravens. Kerry got his revenge earlier this season with a win in Baltimore. Since that point though, Baltimore has faced tougher matchups and came out firing. They navigated a a tough schedule and won a road game in the playoffs with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB. Simply amazing. Ed Reed. Ed fucking Reed. That's all I have to say about him. Two high potent defenses vs 2 average at best offenses (although I think Baltimore did get, like, 10th in scoring. Coin flip game for me. I can't see Joey Flacco going in and stealing another in the environment that is Nashville. Drunk tits in cowboy hats and chaos on Broadway. Tennessee wins.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Boy was that last game close? Well, kinda, but not really. Refs botched a call (lolchargers) at the end of the game and didn't give Pitt a TD they earned. Stat of the day...Pitt is 13-0 against the Chargers at home in the regular season, and 0-2 at home in the playoffs. Not only did Pitt beat them in the scorebox, but Pitt overly owned them in the stat categories. Pitt had a damn good offensive game comparitively speaking. Game time weather.com prediction...21 degrees with a 30% chance of snow. Cold as balls. I see little darren getting eaten like a turkey in this game and Parker finally showing up again. Steelers win.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants - I said, like, 15 weeks ago or something that the Eagles were on the cusp of something special. It's finally coming to fruition. McNabb is playing well and Reid is (AND FUCKING HAS BEEN) a great coach. On the flip side, the Giants are as healthy as ever and their last meeting was their first (I think?) without Burress and Peirce was a train wreck. On top of all of that, it's damn hard to beat a team at home twice. If Philly can do to the Giants running game what they did to Adrian Peterson (who was all-for-one-run, a noshow last week), they will win this game. That defense is excellent. I'm picking my Birds I've been flying in on for the past month...speaking of birds!

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers - Here we get a rematch of a very very good game from earlier in the season. Sure, Arizona is like, 0-70 going east this year, but they were damn competitive in this game, and they know they have the ability to beat Carolina. Arizona led by 14 in the third quarter of that game. Warner threw for damn near 400 yards in that game, but a late surge by the CLUTCH Jake Delhomme brought down the mighty cardinals. I have this feeling that birds will fly high again in this game, and a Cardinals team high off a home playoff win will play lights-out again for the second strait week and march back into Arizona for a fucking nuthouse NFC championship game.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Still saying pitt/nyg superbowl.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Ravens are my upset pick this week.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm going for the Ravens over the Titans too.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

hey remember when that other guy tried to make this thread. that shit was funny

edit: oh man i typed this before i read your full title. nice work

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Girls can't watch pro-football. You'll probably die from the chaos at UF this weekend anyway, you'll never see it. You guys do set couches on fire to highlight a national championship right?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah idk, calling the ravens an upset pick is kinda ugh. It might be the upset on paper, but i just see them destroying the Titans

And i hate Collins, fucking alcoholic complaining prick (from his time at Carolina)

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ravens, Pitt, Carolina, Giants.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Titans - I'll take a veteran QB in a playoff game at home over a rookie on the road any day
    Steelers - Just cause I still hate D-Bag Rivers
    Philly - Homer pick. If they can continue stuffing the run and rattling Manning they should win
    Carolina - I know Arizona looked good last week, but I don't know if they could keep it up vs. a solid Carolina team

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Steelers, Titans, Panthers, Giants. Going all chalk this weekend, which I know is stupid. Cardinals could wi-... no. I'm sorry. I just can't.

Anyway, I could see the Ravens/Titans going either way, but I'm hitching my pick on the Ravens having a short week and coming off of a physical game with Miami. The 27-9 score doesn't say much about how physical it was. I don't know about the Chargers. They can be so good one week, and lay a complete egg the next. Giants/Eagles could really go either way too. If we get McNabb of the second half from the Vikings game, it'll be super close with Philly possibly winning. If we get first half Philly, then uh.. Giants could win by more than a TD.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Baltimore
    San Diego
    New York
    Carolina

I think that extra week of rest + the home crowd will help NY win this game. However, I'm ok with Philly beating us as long as they win the superbowl. If not, I will be hella pissed/depressed. I've always secretly rooted for Philly/McNabb, although I hate their fans and the city.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well. I think if Carolina wins, they really need to win by alot, the style points really kick in this time of year, and it'll wake up the eyes of some of those voters

The Eagles could really mess up the pre-season rankings with a win over the Giants, also with....

...wait...

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Remember that dude that made the topic on Monday? Yeah...that was funny.

Chargers vs someone superbowl!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Girls can't watch pro-football. You'll probably die from the chaos at UF this weekend anyway, you'll never see it. You guys do set couches on fire to highlight a national championship right?
    Last time we won the national championships I don't remember any couches being set on fire, although it definitely wouldn't surprise me. It's just a mass of like 30,000 people screaming their drunken brains out down one street for like two hours then everyone goes to sleep for school the next day haha.

Aside from that though, ever since coming to this school I've been really into football, but since I'm from MD my older brother and dad said I have to like the Redskins. Since they sucked the D this season like they always fuckin do, I'll just hope the Ravens do well instead!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ravens Superbowl this year with Ed Reed as MVP (unless Flacco does something awesome from here on out)

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Steelers.

The carolina game has potential to be a shootout, panthers secondary isnt very good and besides a game or two arizona hasnt stopped the run well, other two games, giants by 7 and ravens by a field goal, I really like joe flacco, I really like seeing rookies play well him and ryan were inspirational this season how they matured and played all season. Also Ed Reed, Ed Reed, Ed MOTHERFUCKING REED.

P.S GO GATORS

Ill be at the game thursday night.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Ravens are my upset pick this week.
    ^

That is by far the most exciting game to me. Oh man I cant wait to see that shit.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Ravens, Giants, Panthers, Steelers.

The carolina game has potential to be a shootout, panthers secondary isnt very good and besides a game or two arizona hasnt stopped the run well, other two games, giants by 7 and ravens by a field goal, I really like joe flacco, I really like seeing rookies play well him and ryan were inspirational this season how they matured and played all season. Also Ed Reed, Ed Reed, Ed MOTHERFUCKING REED.

P.S GO GATORS

Ill be at the game thursday night.

Agreed 100%.

Go Gators indeed, going to the game? You lucky motherfucker you. Ill be at the Panthers game!! Dude I cant wait, ima be the dude cookin' Livermush and Grits at the tail gate party lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    their last meeting was their first (I think?) without Burress and Peirce was a train wreck
    Pierce played in that game, it was just Burress who was out. unless you count Jacobs who had limited play due to his knee.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast