+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The Official BG Hookah/Sheesha/Nargileh Thread

Last summer, I was introduced by a friend to smoking hookah. For those who haven't heard of it, hookah is essentially a water pipe that looks like this:

It's an odd looking thing, but something about it always wants to make people inquire deeper about it. Hookah bars have started popping up all across the country due to the activity becoming popular among college students and those who may have experienced it in the past. The smoke that a hookah produces is from a special mix of tobacco and flavored molasses called shisha, and believe me when I say it, it comes in every flavor you can think of. Flavors named after alchoholic drinks, various candies, obscure fruits that you've never heard of, all the way down to the basics are all favorited by some one.

All of that aside, I wanted to make this thread because I wanted to hear about other peoples experiences with it. For me, its something that brings people together. It's something that draws attention and opens up alot of doors to meet new people in a social scene. If you enjoy it at the end of the day with close friends as I do, or have no idea something like this was around and have questions about it, I figured why not make a thread about it. Post pictures of your setup, flavors you like or want to try, or stories you have from the hookah bar.

That, or I could just be babbling out of my ass.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

I read an ofycal thread recently, this can only turn out better than it did but it's unfortunate timing you unnecessarily dubbed a thread 'official'

A former roommate of mine had a really nice hookah. It was nice to come home and chill and smoke. I would buy one for myself, but they're fucking expensive. They can also be kind of messy between the molasses, coals, and hoses. Good shit though. Some shisha's are tasty as fuck, and you'll always get a nice little head rush.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I totally didnt notice the other thread before, thats lame -___-

And Neo, I currently own a hookah made by Mya called the CUTY.
    Purple Cutie MYA Hookah - Challal Cafe Hookahs & Hookah Accessories

I guess they named it that because of its smaller size or w/e. But i've been extremly pleased with it. It puts out those big puffy fuck you clouds just as well as some of the larger ones people typically think of when it comes to hookah. My entire setup, including coals (the natural ones, not the shitty quicklites), an extra hose and adapter, and a big tub of Starbuzz Grape (great flavor, especially as a mixer), ran me about $120. The CUTY is sold in a cage that holds it all together if youre traveling somewhere or moving it, and it comes with a pair of tongs and a poker for venting your foil. If youre looking for your best option for as cheap as you can go, id really reccomend it.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hookah is just flat out amazing. I really can't add too much more than that other than it has been far too long since I've had some.

Only suggestion I have is to keep the flavor of what you smoke simple. The simple fruit flavors were what tasted the best IMO.

hookah + weed + shisha = good things happen

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais View Post
    hookah + weed + shisha = good things happen
    Yup. I have my old hookah still. I stole it from my Mom's ex-boyfriend 12 years ago.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Hookah is just flat out amazing. I really can't add too much more than that other than it has been far too long since I've had some.

Only suggestion I have is to keep the flavor of what you smoke simple. The simple fruit flavors were what tasted the best IMO.
    I can vouch for that, the best flavor ive had to date is strawberry. It's always given the best buzz and mixes very well if you feel like it.

Although, last night, before I posted, I smoked some butterscotch that a friend bought me while hes down here for winter break. It didnt sound too bad but it blew me out of the water. I opened it up and it made the whole room smell like one of those werthers candies and the smoke was great. My only problem is, I have no idea what butterscotch would go well with if I ever got the random urge to mix something with it.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I've smoked it in bars 2 or 3 times, but other than that the only time I did was when I was shooting a documentary on a group of Kuwaiti students who were in the U.S. learning to become dentists (random). Every night after shooting we'd all hang out and smoke sheesha. While I never really got any sort of buzz off it (I've smoked all of 2 cigarettes in my life, I have no idea what a nicotine buzz feels like) it was a chill way to hang out and shoot the shit with friends.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Starbuzz tobacco for hookah ftw

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I've smoked it in bars 2 or 3 times, but other than that the only time I did was when I was shooting a documentary on a group of Kuwaiti students who were in the U.S. learning to become dentists (random). Every night after shooting we'd all hang out and smoke sheesha. While I never really got any sort of buzz off it (I've smoked all of 2 cigarettes in my life, I have no idea what a nicotine buzz feels like) it was a chill way to hang out and shoot the shit with friends.

The buzz you feel from shisha is kind of like a head rush. It's hard to describe but trust me, you know you'll be feeling it when that goofy grin cracks on your face and when standing up at that time isnt the best idea lol. I guess the closest thing I can relate the feeling to is kind of like getting laughing gas at the dentists office. It's pleasant but it isnt overpowering, and it doesnt turn you into a complete dumbass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

me and my friend would chill out in his backyard and eat strawberrys and smoke starbuzz strawberry tobacco, was some of the best nights ever, its so relaxing lol and like onigami said, when you stand up you can be pretty dizzy lol

I'm trying to get a Turkish one. :\ $400 wat

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That's the only problem when it comes to buying your own setup... since its starting to grow popular, but alot of people still dont know about it just yet, the little head shops that have had them sitting in their windows for 10 years have started to price jack them....but $400 is ridiculous. Unless its 7 foot tall, plated in gold, and gives BJ's while I smoke, id never pay that.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I love these. I get way too high if I smoke straight weed out of a hookah, but I enjoy just the sheesha tobacco by itself much more. Getting good sheesha around where I live is kind of tough since there's only one Lebanese grocery store which will only sell it to you if you "know" the owner (no tobacco license and the sheesha's probably brought into Canada illegally anyway). A tobaccanist does sell it, but it's only okay.

I've been trying to get my girlfriend and her roomate to go in on one with me but it never happens.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had a friend from college from the UAE and she had two small hookas with a single hose/pipe. Might be a cheaper alternative than getting a big one with multiple hoses. Just pass it around

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, luckily I live outside of Richardson, Texas where if you go to the right places, its extremly culturally diverse and you can find everything you need. I dont know if it'd help, but this website sells shisha from the best brands around.

Shisha Tobacco - Hookah and Shisha Central

The 250 gram tin is $19.99 from Starbuzz and $9.95 from Al Fakher and will last you a long time. Both to me have always been the best brands when it comes to having no stems, good cut, great smoke/flavor etc. There is one flavor I have yet to try and will probably end up ordering it since I cant seem to find it around here, and that would be Blue Mist from Starbuzz. It's supposedly one of the highest rated flavors Starbuzz has ever put out. It's blueberry with a mint after taste, and anyone ive asked said it was amazing, as well as the people on youtube raving about it in reviews.

smoking weed through a sheesha is a fucking waste of time/money.
    Sheesha is for peoplewho enjoy smoking and for those who want to get high.
    I tried smoking weed with my sheesha once and it was disgusting, not only the sheesha tasted like weed for weeks but it also didnt kicked of like it would in a joint or a bong...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Onigami The Yagudo King View Post
    Yeah, luckily I live outside of Richardson, Texas where if you go to the right places, its extremly culturally diverse and you can find everything you need. I dont know if it'd help, but this website sells shisha from the best brands around.

Shisha Tobacco - Hookah and Shisha Central

The 250 gram tin is $19.99 from Starbuzz and $9.95 from Al Fakher and will last you a long time. Both to me have always been the best brands when it comes to having no stems, good cut, great smoke/flavor etc. There is one flavor I have yet to try and will probably end up ordering it since I cant seem to find it around here, and that would be Blue Mist from Starbuzz. It's supposedly one of the highest rated flavors Starbuzz has ever put out. It's blueberry with a mint after taste, and anyone ive asked said it was amazing, as well as the people on youtube raving about it in reviews.
    I go to the hookah bar about every other day with all of my friends. Sometimes we have 15-20 people in there. Its definitely is a great way to bring people together. And Blue Mist is by far the best flavor. I cant get enough of it. Citrus Mist is also pretty fucking good. I'm pretty sure its a mix between blue mist and citrus mint.

ive been thinking of buying one for a while now

how much would it cost for a decent one? + tobacco + coals +cleaning materials?
    a single but preferably double hose one would be good since the primary users would be me and my housemate, then the occasional party