+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Travoltas Turn to Scientology, Hometown in Trying Times

Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    As John Travolta and his wife, Kelly Preston, prepare to say goodbye to their 16-year-old son Jett Travolta, it's likely they'll draw on support from Scientology, the religion that has seen them through tragedies in the past, as well as residents in their current hometown of Ocala, Fla.
    May Zenu bless you and your family.

Its Xenu, you blasphemous infidel. Now send your check of support in immediately!

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

What the hell is the afterlife in Scientology anyway?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya View Post
    You will be teleported to a planet far far away or 77 virgin aliens?

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not sure, but I think you have to pay someone $200 dollars to find out.

Black Belt
    BG Level

They seem to believe in some sort of reincarnation, since we are the embodiment of the soul of what seem to be victim of galactic ethnic cleansing of some sort according to them.

Well, must suck if they believe in cycle of reincarnation, since the odds are it'd be a shittier next life than a family member of celebrities, even if you have some sort of disease.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Afterlife is kind of like a bad hentai. Poor Jett is probably being sodomized by tentacles as we speak.

Timeshare.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's reincarnation, where if you believe in Scientology or are a higher level member, you get to be reborn as a member of the church again in the future.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Is the Wikipedia entry on Xenu a huge troll or is that serious? I've never looked in on Scientology before. I took it for granted, from other people's reactions, that these guys were crazy but holy fuck I didn't know it was this insane.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I heard you get buttsexed by Tom Cruise or something.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    Is the Wikipedia entry on Xenu a huge troll or is that serious? I've never looked in on Scientology before. I took it for granted, from other people's reactions, that these guys were crazy but holy fuck I didn't know it was this insane.
    It's all 100% true, it's OT3. Wall of fire, dying by pneumonia if you hear it too early, etc.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Timeshare.

^ Brilliant.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    It's all 100% true, it's OT3. Wall of fire, dying by pneumonia if you hear it too early, etc.
    I just tried reading the article on Xenu, and I swear you need a flow chart to figure that shit out. I don't understand how that makes sense to anybody, ever.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    I just tried reading the article on Xenu, and I swear you need a flow chart to figure that shit out. I don't understand how that makes sense to anybody, ever.
    Well that's the whole trick to scientology. They don't tell you about Xenu first because it would run people off. They start with the dianetics and all the psychological crap first. That is the real hook.

The goal seems to be that you get hooked with that kind of stuff as a low level member and it makes you feel better about yourself. Then you start to think "hey scientology really has something here." The more and more you dive into and start believing it and moving up, then you find out about Xenu and crap. By then though you are already buying/believing so much into their bullshit you are fine with it.

At least I'm pretty sure how this whole mess progresses. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I am baffled as to why people are actually believing this BS. Do they believe in scientology instead of the regular ones for sake of being nonconformist? The main religions are at least backed by pedigree and traditions. How does Scientology retain celebrity members when they are already married and filthy rich?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    I am baffled as to why people are actually believing this BS. Do they believe in scientology instead of the regular ones for sake of being nonconformist? The main religions are at least backed by pedigree and traditions. How does Scientology retain celebrity members when they are already married and filthy rich?
    Catering to their egos.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My question is this: Why not come up with something less insane for an origin story? I mean, when making this religion, Hubbard actually could have tried to be plausible.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    My question is this: Why not come up with something less insane for an origin story? I mean, when making this religion, Hubbard actually could have tried to be plausible.
    And the Garden of Eden and the talking snake are?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post

Basically, he is an imaginary person that give you a set of laws and rule to abide by. Only those who choose to follow and live by his rules and his rules ONLY will be allowed to live in eternal bliss and happiness in a self contained paradise of reincarnation.

Fucking bat shit crazy huh? Tell me about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast