+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another fortitude topic     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Another fortitude topic

Since I saw it was solo'able by cor with quickdraw, I was thinking if giving it a shot as mnk with Chi Blast. I have Hermes' Sandals available to me and was wondering how I could go about doing this. I'm mainly looking for how to get rid of the adds and any general tips I should follow. Sub nin for saftey? or sub a chi sub? ect ect. About how much HP does he have, so I can have a rough guesstimate on how long it should take to kill it.

Also, farming for chips, it drops off two different types of mobs. Are there any difference in their drop rate? I ask because Eo'ghrah are lower level than Aw'

And in case anyone was wondering, I want the torque for my chakra build, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    And in case anyone was wondering, I want the torque for my chakra build, lol.
    Chakra is sirius buisness!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

it is believed that Eo drops better than Aw. I can get 6-8 an hour with TH4 soloing with wife's WHM account from Eo and get only like 3-4 from Aw

not to mention Aw's Sickle slash can pwn you instantly

im also interested in how to get rid of balls because other threads didnt mention this clear enough

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

There are a couple ways to castrate it. Easiest is just run around until they deaggro, but that doesn't always happen. A method that works 100% is just pop it, run to the palace/garden zone, zone back in, and tag fort. Balls will be far enough away to not re-link. You can also use an elevator zone. Fight at either SE or SW tower, whichever side you didn't pop it on.

Takes like 45-60 mins on COR, depending how good your QD setup is. I highly recommend planning ahead and popping it on the same day as the shot/staff you're going to use. Make sure you macro gear swaps or remove the animations for any JAs you use, whatever job you use.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Takes like 45-60 mins on COR, depending how good your QD setup is. I highly recommend planning ahead and popping it on the same day as the shot/staff you're going to use. Make sure you macro gear swaps or remove the animations for any JAs you use, whatever job you use.
    Actually doing this as mnk lol, but I've changed the dat on boost to a gaze attack which lets me slide as i use it and use a gear swap to cover it up for anyone else who may be viewing (But using blinkmenot for myself ).

Will be going in with
    Kirin's Pole/MND+2 grip/empty/anything
    Tpl. Crown+1/Faith Torque/mnd+1 earring/ethereal I guess
    Osode/devotee's mitts/mnd+4/mnd+4
    Melee Cape/black belt(don't have a mnd piece for here)/tpl hose+1/Suzy boots

Will idle in earth staff and dmg-% gear, while boosting in tpl gloves+1 and swapping to mnd gear for the blast.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Actually doing this as mnk lol, but I've changed the dat on boost to a gaze attack which lets me slide as i use it and use a gear swap to cover it up for anyone else who may be viewing (But using blinkmenot for myself ).
    You mean you replaced chakra with another animation entirely, or what?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not sure where i said chakra, but yes, I could and have done so before (for boost anyways).

Here's an exmaple of what i mean. Here's battledance.
    Battledance.wmv - FileFront.com

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah I meant boost sorry. I'll have to try this if it could make kiting any less aggravating.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I did it with dnc choco jig once and got GM'd for moving during the animation which is why i still use dat gear swaps to cover it up, but blinkmenot takes care of that on my side.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Oh btw, any tips on farming the pop items? I can solo them fine until they get fussy with a thundaga III and that one is almost insta death. Have lost 6k xp to get 7 M chips.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    I would say it's more like 60-90, depending on the build (higher without QD recast merits). I won't go as far as to say my QD build is the best out there, but it's near optimized, and with capped QD acc/recast, my fastest time from pop to death is 61 minutes (iirc it took me about 3-4 minutes to deaggro and start damage, and the rest was QD when timer was ready), with obi bonus active the entire time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Oh btw, any tips on farming the pop items? I can solo them fine until they get fussy with a thundaga III and that one is almost insta death. Have lost 6k xp to get 7 M chips.
    Do the light/dark ghrahs past the one gate in Hu'xzoi. I would be more detailed in where the gate is, but I've only done those once, so I don't really remember, exactly. Iirc it's the thunder side, to the right when you first enter (there's a thunder ghrah you can see past the gate). Go through and you should find the light/dark ones.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not exactly sure of it myself either, but I've been doing Ghrahs on both sides and I've been hit by firaga III, thundaga III, and aeroga III which followed up by a few unlucky hits or a TP move puts me down right away.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How does Ninja solo this? Just using poison and elemental wheel ninjutsu? What sub is recommended?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WraithLakshmi View Post
    How does Ninja solo this? Just using poison and elemental wheel ninjutsu? What sub is recommended?
    Pretty much just elemental wheel as /BLM. The only stipulation is that you need to basically kite nonstop during the day.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Have my pop set completed. Still unsure of the pull. Any last minute tips?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Have my pop set completed. Still unsure of the pull. Any last minute tips?
    Bring a RR item just in case. Aside from that, keep in mind that you can NOT lose this fight unless Fort gets back to the spawn point and depops, so just make sure you keep track of where you are in relation to the spawn point. Also remember that if you start in the north tower and it deaggros in the south, it'll go straight through the zdei rooms, so you'll have some ground to make up if you can't pull it back before it gets through there, if you do the zone method.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Grats on the kill, how long did it take for the whole thing?
    Looked simple enough, I assume you didn't have problems during the fight?

Asking because I have MNK to try out as well

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Took a bit to lose the pets in the beginning but the fit itself once I was ready to start took about an hour and 15 mins. I got hit a few times but I never dipped under 1k and just used chakra as needed.