BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evasion skill     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Evasion skill

I'm curious if anybody knows of any testing that compares +Evasion Skill to +Evasion. I've heard of some testing that showed that +Evasion Skill did next to nothing at changing their evade rate, and I'm curious if this is the case, and whether it is worth it to merit evasion skill for a solo dancer. Thanks!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishen View Post
    I'm curious if anybody knows of any testing that compares +Evasion Skill to +Evasion. I've heard of some testing that showed that +Evasion Skill did next to nothing at changing their evade rate, and I'm curious if this is the case, and whether it is worth it to merit evasion skill for a solo dancer. Thanks!
    Evasion skill is exactly what it says: adding to your evasion skill. If it meant nothing, then ninja wouldn't be able to evade better than a paladin. Since we all know this isn't the case, and the only difference here is evasion skill, that large difference in evasiveness for ninja is because of their higher evasion skill.

What is unknown is exactly how evasion+ factors in. It is generally accepted that evasion skill is better than evasion+, and it is believed that evasion+ translates directly into evasion skill in a way proportional to the square root of your evasion+ (meaning the more evasion+ you stack, the less each point of it is worth). No one knows the exact formula, as far as I know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've heard that skill+ is tiered, meaning evasion skill+1 could outperform evasion+1 if you break into the next level. I'll generally go for skill on my thf: patriarch cuffs over war gloves, etc.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by tonystigma View Post
    I've heard that skill+ is tiered, meaning evasion skill+1 could outperform evasion+1 if you break into the next level. I'll generally go for skill on my thf: patriarch cuffs over war gloves, etc.
    I always just assumed that the only reason SE distinguished eva from eva skill was that there must be a lower cap on mobs (other than the 20% lower cap on everything) for mobs EM+. Skill raises the cap (so to speak, really I mean whatever the lowest accuracy a mob can have gets closer to the 20% hard cap by means of skill) when eva doesn't. Just an assumption, I'd like somebody to correct me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    I always just assumed that the only reason SE distinguished eva from eva skill was that there must be a lower cap on mobs (other than the 20% lower cap on everything) for mobs EM+. Skill raises the cap (so to speak, really I mean whatever the lowest accuracy a mob can have gets closer to the 20% hard cap by means of skill) when eva doesn't. Just an assumption, I'd like somebody to correct me.
    No, the cap for evasion is 80%, no matter what the level of the mob. You will, however, need more evasion to hit that cap for higher level mobs.

Also, there are no tiers for evasion skill. Your total evasion is directly proportional to your evasion skill.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by WraithLakshmi View Post
    No, the cap for evasion is 80%, no matter what the level of the mob. You will, however, need more evasion to hit that cap for higher level mobs.

Also, there are no tiers for evasion skill. Your total evasion is directly proportional to your evasion skill.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1231756776

Well fuck me, I did not know that. Always thought of it as higher, for some reason.