Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the vahzle nm was easily dot->zoned, and i used rdm/nin. it's pretty rare that the mobs near the zone got in the way, but even if they did, you could sleep them, dot the nm, and zone.
    i just did this blm/nin rdm/nin and I have to say the mobs get in the way alot.

what we did was freeze sleep which took off 10% then gravity kited it while doing tier II nukes till we got low on mp then bio II and zoned. The rdm then focused on clearing any mobs that will aggro while kiting back. The blm then bio IIs the NM runs to zone. I then rest 1 tick to make sure the NM wouldn't aggro me as I zoned with no shadows. You should be able to catch up to it with 15 or so seconds left on bio. when we got it to ~10% blm es sleep II and cast freeze to kill it.

burn and poison land but don't last very long bio II takes off aprox. 2%
    it also has a move that gives it a ton of shadows so you need someone to -aga while the other puts bio back on before it regens.

blm/nin can possible solo this since you can rest a tick in full lvl 75 gear every bio cast but avoiding aggro would be rough and clearing its shadows could get bad if sleepga doesn't land

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kroot View Post
    i just did this blm/nin rdm/nin and I have to say the mobs get in the way alot.
    really? when i soloed it, i think they got in the way maybe once, the entire fight, and they moved before it became a problem.

burn and poison land but don't last very long bio II takes off aprox. 2%
    it also has a move that gives it a ton of shadows so you need someone to -aga while the other puts bio back on before it regens.
    poison didn't land? o.o in over an hour, i didn't even get a single partial resist on poison iirc.

blm/nin can possible solo this since you can rest a tick in full lvl 75 gear every bio cast but avoiding aggro would be rough and clearing its shadows could get bad if sleepga doesn't land
    -gas don't have to land unresisted to wipe shadows, though you might want to use stonega so it doesn't build resistance to sleep, so you can finish it off at the end with sleep nukes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    really? when i soloed it, i think they got in the way maybe once, the entire fight, and they moved before it became a problem.
    There is a weeper that likes to get in the way alot and liked to move right as I was walking by so sleeping it before pull is best

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    poison didn't land? o.o in over an hour, i didn't even get a single partial resist on poison iirc.
    it landed but got resisted sometimes and got partial resist. Could have been from lack of capped INT gear. (RDM was taru and has max enfeebling merits)

we tried a new strat this morn that work very well. We went thf/nin blm/nin.
    The thf has movement speed which helps with kiting but may not be neccesary. There is a pillar outside of the zone that the NM paths horribly around so as the thf kite I would just freeze > bio II and zone. The thf can also zone at this time but not needed as long as the blm sleep the wander nearby whenever it pops. I was easily able to freeze every 2 min as bio wore. Depending on your hmp gear the blm can prob freeze every min. This is a nice strategy if you have the jobs for it because it allows for TH2 and a reasonably short fight. Ended up going 2/2

Below is the pillar we kited around
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...205_094806.png

more detail on Promy NM red is kiting area for the respective spawn location
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88...omyvionDem.png

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

"what we did was freeze sleep which took off 10% then gravity kited it while doing tier II nukes till we got low on mp then bio II and zoned"

Sorry to sound like a noob but how can you zone in promy? Even if you go back up a level, dont you need to fight back down? Even if you escape and warp back, the nm might depop right?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valikyule View Post
    "what we did was freeze sleep which took off 10% then gravity kited it while doing tier II nukes till we got low on mp then bio II and zoned"

Sorry to sound like a noob but how can you zone in promy? Even if you go back up a level, dont you need to fight back down? Even if you escape and warp back, the nm might depop right?
    zone into the spire.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Once I attempted a pickup duo with a rng/nin friend of mine - I was on drg/blu, with my NPC polearm Soothing Healer. We managed to get him down more than half fairly well, burning a Hystero, and a couple Psychos, without 2Hing. Unfortunately, we were in Mea, and AoE spike damage, plus the TP feed of /blu = not your friend in this situation. Once the NPCs and my Pfiel ate it, we both blew 2h and got it down to about 20% before it smoked us. My Rrrranger buddy, alas, decided she didn't want to try again.

Honestly, though, a couple well-handled Piercing melees with animas and an NPC healer or two should be able to take down Holla and possibly Dem ridiculously easily.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm sorry to ask what may be common knowledge, but how does one defeat the memory receptacles solo? Or are you using your npc's? If so, is there a way to do it w/o the npc? I never bothered with getting one.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quendi View Post
    I'm sorry to ask what may be common knowledge, but how does one defeat the memory receptacles solo? Or are you using your npc's? If so, is there a way to do it w/o the npc? I never bothered with getting one.
    they really aren't that hard...

for rng, just spam /ra, and when it pops a stray /ra should kill those in 1 hit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    I think SE stated at some point that your NPC fellow gets bonuses in Promyvion based on its uncapped level outside.

I've heard this too, but if you're just chasing after the map items, you can get them from the non-NM Thinker/Gorger/Craver mobs as well (eventually). I was able to get all four Promyvion maps this way.
    Did you solo those mobs in Promy-Vahzl to get the map item? I've been hoping to do this but I'm not sure what job I should level for it. NIN/DNC? Sorry for the derail but I'd really like to know!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quendi View Post
    I can solo floor one with any of my DD jobs: Strays are easy enough to deal with, just hotswap targets when one spawns. Floor two I've only soloed successfully with mnk/war, mnk/dnc, and drg/whm; the MR gets quite a bit tougher. On Mnk/war I had to blow Hundred Fists as well.

Floor Three I've soloed once on drg/blu. Normally I duo it with my NPC on the same. By this point the difference between piercing and blunt is really showing, and the Strays can do enough damage to hurt (rather than seriously inconvenience) you. The AoE becomes a serious problem for your NPC and wyvern, so you have to watch your TP feed. I imagine Rng, Smn, Sch, Dnc, possibly Pup, and Blm could handle it fairly easily, especially since they can avoid the worst of the Receptacle's attack - but I hate playing blm, and the rest are a teensy bit underleveled for this...

As for the NPC issue, the fights are incredibly easy and the NPC starts at 30. After 2 calls with the pearl and 3 conversations (choose the "chat" option, but it only works once every RL day), you can set them up as a tank, DD, or healer. After a few minor quests and a week or so of calls, you can take them into promy. Most of my DD friends go with a healer, most of my mage friends go with one of the others. They help a lot in Promy and for fast, cheap duo work when you can't be arsed.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Did you solo those mobs in Promy-Vahzl to get the map item? I've been hoping to do this but I'm not sure what job I should level for it. NIN/DNC? Sorry for the derail but I'd really like to know!
    did it to get stone gorget but got 10 map items in the process

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BLUBLUBLU

My boyfriend and I find that a BLU with yag drinks or healer npc can easily solo down to spire floor in the 30-cap promyvions. Blu/dnc works rather well since it allows mp to be saved for damage rather than healing, though when duoing down for Apoc. Nigh slivers we went whm and blu/nin.
    Battle dance will one-shot strays on first and second floors while still keeping up hits on the MR, and feather storm does a great deal of damage to any strays that may run off to a duo partner.On first and second floors it is rather easy to let a single stray ineffectually whack at you until another pops (for purposes of conserving mp); the third floor it becomes a judgment call depending on how much mp/hp you have left.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sorry about the necro and what not, but in the KI link in the beginning of this thread says that the provoker was finished off with double weakness with an ES freeze, so my question is: does double weakness just give you -large amount of macc or totally nerfs damage down to 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Sorry about the necro and what not, but in the KI link in the beginning of this thread says that the provoker was finished off with double weakness with an ES freeze, so my question is: does double weakness just give you -large amount of macc or totally nerfs damage down to 0?
    It nerfs damage down to 0.

Not possible. The only way a BLM could solo it while double weak would be to wait for the last %, reraise, then elemental seal + bind > bio 2 or poison2. Bio II will not break bind since you are double weak. Poison2 has a high chance to get resisted on BLM (duration and landing) so I would not recommend it. After that run away until it dies. You shouldn't have to wait more than 30 sec I think...

i've actually been pondering this for a while since getting a stone gorget is a new goal for me. i think i can handle the 50 cap NM easily enough (i'll just borrow someone w/ drk and an mkris and souleater gank it!) the problem is the 30 cap NM.

getting a large number of people to come with me to a 30 cap zone and try to track down an NM we may not even wind up on the same island with is a challenge. if i wanted to lowman the satiator in dem, what's the smallest practical group i could get, given that i don't have a decently lvled NPC?

i know with a repeating crossbow, bloody bolts, and striders/trotters you could solo the NM if it popped in the right spot. unfortunately, the crossbow's been nerfed, my rng is something like 8, and i don't own striders/trotters. do i need 6 to be able to take it down w/o spending an hour fighting it? if so, what jobs? does the NM pop babies? is the repop timer known? sorry for the barrage of questions, but these NMs are so poorly documented, finding data on them is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.

Banned.

BG Level

[quote=Spekkio;2558441]getting a large number of people to come with me to a 30 cap zone and try to track down an NM we may not even wind up on the same island with is a challenge. if i wanted to lowman the satiator in dem, what's the smallest practical group i could get, given that i don't have a decently lvled NPC?[quote]
    you'll all always end up at the same place, as long as you go up the portal together. though of course you could always get ported to the wrong side repeatedly.

i know with a repeating crossbow, bloody bolts, and striders/trotters you could solo the NM if it popped in the right spot. unfortunately, the crossbow's been nerfed, my rng is something like 8, and i don't own striders/trotters. do i need 6 to be able to take it down w/o spending an hour fighting it? if so, what jobs? does the NM pop babies? is the repop timer known? sorry for the barrage of questions, but these NMs are so poorly documented, finding data on them is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.
    i did it without strider's, but i used repeating crossbow, and although i know it's possible to do without repeating crossbow, i'm not sure if it still would be without strider's. it stops to use various tp moves prety frequently though, which slows it down a lot, so it may be possible if you only shot it right after that, when it can't move.

i believe it can be duod with 2 blus? maybe a trio with a dd/nin, blu/nin, and mage could work? never tried it, so i can't say for sure, but it should work well enough, as long as you have a blu. without a blu, you'd probably want two tanks, so maybe 2 dd/nin (or nin, pld/nin, etc), and a mage or two.

npc level doens't matter, since it starts at 30, which is the level cap anyway.

both blus subbing nin? i have blu 66 and i know quite a number of high lvl blus i could probably recruit. worth a shot at any rate. are you assuming NPCs for support w/ 2 blus? what spells were you using? spamming headbutt/bludgeon? i'd imagine i'd need a whm too to purge the para effect. would a thf or rng be a good idea for acid bolts to counter his def boost buff or is that fairly innocuous?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

How about drain still doing damage while double weak?

If it's the same strategy i'm thinking of it involves 1 BLM/NIN to sac the NM with DOTs and a second BLM/WHM for raises. Once it gets to around 5% the second BLM uses Elemental Seal Freeze to finish it. That's the strategy I used and it works perfectly.

If you were soloing it wouldn't be possible, you'd have to get it to around 1% then DOT > kite and hope it doesn't die unclaimed.