Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Soloing stone gorget NMs in Prommys?

I'm sure I saw a thread on this once. But can't find it again.

Is there a way to solo the two NMs for the stone gorget? I'm pretty sure I could take out the Satiator NM with me on RDM and set NPC fellow on to melee mode. Time could be an issue ofc as I have to get to the 3rd floor and kill NM in 45 mins. I may need some Hi-Ethers too but I should be OK for hate as curing NPC gains no enmity. I've not tried this yet however so I'm unsure how easy/hard it could be. How good is the NPC melee in level 30 capped zones?

Then we come to the NM in Vhazl which is level 50 cap zone. I can't call the NPC fellow here so how have people soloed this one? That's assuming it's even possible?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel the Melee NPC is very strong, but then again I have only done Promy stuff on WHM/NIN or WHM/BLM with staff. I can make it to the third floor with luck in about 10mins, probably less if I had real gear or a real job. But, remember, you have to get lucky enough to land on the correct third floor - one will have the NM the other one won't.

I'm interested in hearing how this goes- my understanding is that the NMs drop the map item more frequently.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz View Post
    I feel the Melee NPC is very strong, but then again I have only done Promy stuff on WHM/NIN or WHM/BLM with staff.
    I think SE stated at some point that your NPC fellow gets bonuses in Promyvion based on its uncapped level outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriz View Post
    I'm interested in hearing how this goes- my understanding is that the NMs drop the map item more frequently.
    I've heard this too, but if you're just chasing after the map items, you can get them from the non-NM Thinker/Gorger/Craver mobs as well (eventually). I was able to get all four Promyvion maps this way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

KI link, explaining how to solo the Lv30 NM.

The Vahzl NM seems pretty DoT -> zone-able, as far as my experience go.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Any idea how hard Satiator hits? I found I could solo the IT stuff in 30 cap pretty easy with blu/dnc, wondering if it's possible to solo straight up the same way.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    I think SE stated at some point that your NPC fellow gets bonuses in Promyvion based on its uncapped level outside.
    This really piqued my interest! Having done several Google searches it seemed that it was indeed mentioned at the JP FanFest in November for the December update. But in the next version update it was never included in the notes list. Anyone know anything further about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinion View Post
    I'm sure I saw a thread on this once. But can't find it again.

Is there a way to solo the two NMs for the stone gorget? I'm pretty sure I could take out the Satiator NM with me on RDM and set NPC fellow on to melee mode. Time could be an issue ofc as I have to get to the 3rd floor and kill NM in 45 mins. I may need some Hi-Ethers too but I should be OK for hate as curing NPC gains no enmity. I've not tried this yet however so I'm unsure how easy/hard it could be. How good is the NPC melee in level 30 capped zones?

Then we come to the NM in Vhazl which is level 50 cap zone. I can't call the NPC fellow here so how have people soloed this one? That's assuming it's even possible?
    I did not solo them but I duoed both, I think you would need a lot of MP to take down the Satiator with NPC only, but this seems doable. Remember that if the NPC dies and you fail you can stil try the next RL day. Duo with 2 NPCs was cake.

For the Vahzl NM there is a way to solo it if you use like .. 2 reraise earrings. Pop it bio2>poison2> reraise. Takes like 1H. However you will need to find a way to give the kill shot, since nuking is out of question due to multiple weakness (tp wing maybe ?).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    I did not solo them but I duoed both, I think you would need a lot of MP to take down the Satiator with NPC only, but this seems doable. Remember that if the NPC dies and you fail you can stil try the next RL day. Duo with 2 NPCs was cake.

For the Vahzl NM there is a way to solo it if you use like .. 2 reraise earrings. Pop it bio2>poison2> reraise. Takes like 1H. However you will need to find a way to give the kill shot, since nuking is out of question due to multiple weakness (tp wing maybe ?).
    Bio and run? It's not terribly hard to kite. WS should still do 0 damage due to double weakness.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    WS should still do 0 damage due to double weakness.
    Never ever seen this ever ever ever.

Magic gets incredibly resisted under double weakness (0 damage usually) and ranged attacks take a large hit to ranged accuracy, but I've never seen a melee WS deal 0 damage due to double weakness. The doubled delay is the only hindrance to a weakened PC's melee attack.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Saivan View Post
    Never ever seen this ever ever ever.

Magic gets incredibly resisted under double weakness (0 damage usually) and ranged attacks take a large hit to ranged accuracy, but I've never seen a melee WS deal 0 damage due to double weakness. The doubled delay is the only hindrance to a weakened PC's melee attack.
    God, I haven't tested this in forever. But ranged attacks, magic damage, melee damage and I think WSs used to do 0 in double weakness at least.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nah. Just Magic damage/accuracy and Ranged damage/accuracy take a hit. SE added those penalties on double weakness because you could theoretically just keep reraising and nuking/shooting a mob at range with no fear of AOEs. Melee already have to stand in melee range endangering themselves, so their only penalty is the double delay.

I think I can recall a few times my nub ass kept getting up after several RRs and still beating on a mob despite the weakness.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Saivan View Post
    Nah. Just Magic damage/accuracy and Ranged damage/accuracy take a hit. SE added those penalties on double weakness because you could theoretically just keep reraising and nuking/shooting a mob at range with no fear of AOEs. Melee already have to stand in melee range endangering themselves, so their only penalty is the double delay.

I think I can recall a few times my nub ass kept getting up after several RRs and still beating on a mob despite the weakness.
    Eh, you're probably right on the melee part. As I said, it's been ages since I bothered testing this.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

What's the respawn timer on these things?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjh View Post
    What's the respawn timer on these things?
    Well I don't know about the Satiator. But the NM in Vhazl is a force pop from the item the Satiator in Prommy Dem drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Bio and run? It's not terribly hard to kite. WS should still do 0 damage due to double weakness.
    Impossible. First you need gravity to stick and he resist like 50% of the time, same for bind& poison. Secondly you could think that zoning it to the spire while keeping dot. In theory yes, in practice no. Because right at zone mobs can block your way. Even with a friends zoning them it's hard to keep dots and zone.

Now for the kill shot, TP wing was just an idea. A more clever on would be to use chainspell gravity (to avoid resist)/bind/utsusemi on the last % and then apply dots and run around for a while untill it dies.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Impossible. First you need gravity to stick and he resist like 50% of the time, same for bind& poison. Secondly you could think that zoning it to the spire while keeping dot. In theory yes, in practice no. Because right at zone mobs can block your way. Even with a friends zoning them it's hard to keep dots and zone.

Now for the kill shot, TP wing was just an idea. A more clever on would be to use chainspell gravity (to avoid resist)/bind/utsusemi on the last % and then apply dots and run around for a while untill it dies.
    While I agree that DoT and zoning could be hard because of the first few mobs, I don't agree with the rest. Sure, Chainspell Gravity is 'smarter', and it's safer to do that if you have it up. But if you don't, kiting him without Gravity isn't as hard as you make it out to be, and certainly not 'impossible'. Remember, if you tag him with a bow or a spell at 1%, you don't have to run back to the tower, there's lots of room on the Promy floor to run around on, as long as you're not an idiot at avoiding adds.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

drain will still do dmg while double weak

Banned.

BG Level

i soloed the first nm with repeating xbow (pre-nerf), which wasn't too bad. its regain was both helpful for outrunning it, and a bitch when it paralyzed you.

the vahzle nm was easily dot->zoned, and i used rdm/nin. it's pretty rare that the mobs near the zone got in the way, but even if they did, you could sleep them, dot the nm, and zone.

finishing it off isn't a problem either, because sleep, bind, and gravity all land very easily, though it does build resistance to all three.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone know the respawn time of the Satiator?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Should be about an hour.