sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lord of the Rings: Conquest

So the demo is now playable on XBox live. I downloaded it last night and I must say I am thoroughly disappointed by it. The game is Star Wars Battlefront with LoTR characters. Overall it is unimpressive. Mechanics are kind of strange. Aiming with projectile weapons is an exercise in futility. Pandemic should be ashamed at how much they jacked this up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Was it exactly like EA's LotR games for the movies?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No. It was Star Wars Battlefront with Lotr characters and settings. Nothing even remotely close to the EA titles. All they share is the EA name.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I didnt feel it was too bad, but the aiming and battle system definitely took some getting used too

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm thinking I just set my expectations too high. I'm sure a lot of people will like it and buy it just based on the Lotr title alone. I was expecting something completely different. But if you like Battlefront you will most likely enjoy Conquest. The combat system I felt was clunky at best though and aiming was more like spray and pray than anything.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Bah I was hoping it'd be like EA's titles but vamped up and better. So much for that. I probably set my expectations too high as well. Battlefront was for the original Xbox wasn't it? I believe I played it once somewhere...and it was meh at best.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

played it on PS3 as well just for kicks...
    seemed ok but nothing terribly exciting

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Got it today, its alright, alot of fun online when you have a whole party of friends so you can actually strategize somewhat... Single Player gets a little boring after a while, and can be very frustrating at parts on the higher difficulties

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I guess it depends on what you were expecting. If you were expecting a well balanced online game like SW: Battlefront the only thing you should be disappointed in are maybe the graphics.

I downloaded the demo on both ps3 and 360, it was enough to sell me on the game. I was a big battlefront fan though >.>. I just like how well balanced the online multiplayer is, it doesn't matter if I hop on rogue, archer, mage, or warrior. Every job seems to have its perks, and it seem very well thought out.

If you were expecting a better quality LOTR like the movie games you will most definitely be disappointed. I think this game was made around multiplayer.

Yes it is an EA game, but Pandemic made it (same company that made battlefront) and I have noticed people either hate or love Pandemic.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I actually used to like Pandemic. But the last few games they have released have been subpar imo. The Lotr game, I can't really say is subpar because it's what some people expected a Battlefrontesque game. But Mercenaries 2 was extremely disappointing. The game itself was fun but with how many bugs and glitches were in the finished product, it was enough to sour me on the game. I mean come on, you can't stand on the deck of a moving boat when your friend is driving it, without falling off? That's basic fucking testing put to shame right there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah Mercs 2 was disappointing, it had so much potentail.

God that was such an easy...fun game

Online aspect was ok, the movies were longer than this game, good lord

I could have platinumed it in 1 night, but had to attend a party on Saturday + Sunday was the championship playoff of the NFL, so I just burned through the evil side and finished it today

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Wow, it sounds short and like a rental

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Messed around on the demo... didn't play the single player at all, but multiplayer wasn't anything to write home about. Half the things I read are "Mage is way overpowered compared to other classes," and the other half is responding with "You just suck at the game," so I'm still not sure how balanced the classes are.

One thing's for sure though, I pretty much sucked with all of them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

I played the demo (only multiplayer) i thought it was really fun, but then again i liked SW:Battlesfront1/2 i can see the multiplayer getting boreing quite fast and just a thing to have a piss around with some friends. i did like playing scout you could pull some crazy combos off and just keep people on the floor before they could even do anything to you, untill a Warrior charges you or a archer shoots you in the face :/

Overall i thought it was fun to play if only for a short time.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I liked battlefront, so I've been enjoying the demo, but with only 2 maps and one game mode it gets old fast. For those with the full game, how many maps are there and what are the other modes like? Also, is the match-making any better in the full version? Picking games from a list after the ease of L4D makes me feel like I'm playing Socom on my PS2 again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I recommend saving your money. This is a really average game. I only picked it up because its an easy 1000 points on the 360. There are 8 maps, minas morgul, shire, minas tirith, rivendell, isengard, moria, black gate and another that I forgot. Problem is they are dull, the combat is dull, and even though there are 4 character classes there is not nearly enough variation in what they can do. Also there are a few game modes, but all are very basic. There is deathmatch, capture the ring, and conquest. They may as well all be called deathmatch though.
    I would give the game 5/10.