The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Championship week - The year of the underbirds

3-1 last week was a really good record for me, and I was robbed on the Ravens game by the refs! Flying high this week are the bird teams. All the bird underdogs won last week, the Cardinals, The Ravens, The Eagles...Well, there's also the Steelers, but they weren't an underdog or a bird team. Again this week, we get rematches of games played in the regular season. As last week proved, the regular season matchups are largely irrelevant, as Arizona destroyed Carolina, Baltimore beat Tennessee, and Pitt destroyed San Diego despite playing close earlier this year. I think every team is much improved over their regular season selfs. Pitts is finally healthy, The Ravens D is ridiculous, Arizona is running the ball, and McNabb is playing the best he's ever played. To the picks!

Philadelphia @ Arizona - The last matchup was the first game after the McNabb benching. He had something to prove that week and he did it. He came out blazing, throwing 4 TD passes. They put up 48 points on Arizona this week. This was truely the beginning of the incredible run into the playoffs the Eagles have started. I don't really take a lot out of that game when predicting this one. It was in Philly and McNabb was playing with an immense passion. Arizona, on the other hand, has played incredible as an underdog in these playoffs. They have THROTTLED teams defensively. They remind much of the Colts team who won the superbowl a couple years ago. No defense in the regular season shuts down offenses in the playoffs. Boldin is expected to be out or very limited. Noone expects him to be anywhere close to 100%. Nonetheless, I'm buying the soup that the Cards are cooking. I love home dogs. I look for Fitz to have another huge game and Warner to clinch his spot in Canton. Arizona wins 28-24.

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - To say this game is going to be physical is going to be an understatement. I'm going to make a bold statement here, and I'm sure that noone will agree with me. A physical game is going to be a HUGE advantage to Pittsburgh. Baltimore had their bye week in week 2 when a hurricane ripped through Houston. They have played, I think, 16 strait weeks without an off week. The injuries are starting to show. They were physically dominated by Tennessee, and they are quite lucky that Johnson went out early, or they'd be sitting at home this week. Suggs is expected to be very limited. He's only going to be in for pass rush coverage. The Steelers, depsite injuries, still handled their business early in the season against Baltimore. As difficult as it is to beat the same team (especially a really good team) 3 times in a season, I see the Steelers pulling this one out, and I don't think it's going to be as close as the other two. Pitt wins 20-10

So there you go, Arizona vs Pitt in the superbowl. Write it down and call your bookie. I'M MONEY BABY!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

willis gonna have 200 on the ground and 100 through the air.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Philadelphia @ Arizona - The last matchup was the first game after the McNabb benching. He had something to prove that week and he did it. He came out blazing, throwing 4 TD passes. They put up 48 points on Arizona this week. This was truely the beginning of the incredible run into the playoffs the Eagles have started. I don't really take a lot out of that game when predicting this one. It was in Philly and McNabb was playing with an immense passion.
    So did the Eagles just forget to bring their passion when they lost 10-3 against the Redskins 2 weeks later?

They matchup too well against ARI to lose this game, I'm going with Philly.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I think it's pretty safe to say that Philly played with no passion at all against Washington.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Pitt vs Philly. Gogo Chalk.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I think it's pretty safe to say that Philly played with no passion at all against Washington.
    So if you win, you're passionate.... and if you lose, you simply weren't trying hard enough?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

You trying to tell me the Eagles aren't better than Washington? I don't understand your argument? Mental mindset is huge in this league, especially when there isn't a huge talent disparity between most teams.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have the Eagles winning, last week was more a case of Jake being Jake than the Cardinals defense. Kind of like how he made the Raiders D look like the Steel curtain back back in week 5.

Eagles will counter the the rush with screens and swing passes to Westbrook, Dansby and the Cards will be playing on their heels. Fitz and Boldin will be studs as usual but in the end the Eagles are too much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I agree with your assessment of Pittsburgh / Baltimore (which has the potential to be a classic) but I think the Eagles will beat the Cardinals.

I know Warner likes it when teams blitz him, and the Eagles will, but I think people are really underestimating the strength and depth of the Eagles secondary... it's significantly better than the Vikings or the Panthers in my opinion, and they can easily handle their 3 wide receiver sets of Arizona, especially with optimal field conditions probable in the desert.

But I think the "wildcard" will be Westbrook. I'm simply not sold on Karlos Dansby yet, or any of the Arizona LBs, so I feel he/they will be burned by the screen game and receiving threat of Westbrook, which will make the difference.

27-21 Eagles

Philadelphia @ Arizona
    Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You trying to tell me the Eagles aren't better than Washington? I don't understand your argument? Mental mindset is huge in this league, especially when there isn't a huge talent disparity between most teams.
    I don't understand his logic either, but "rivalries" such as Washington - Philly will sometimes make a poor team play much better than they normally would. Just look at the Lions performances against the Vikings this year.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I'm not making an argument. I'm trying to understand yours. You're saying that the Eagles won against the Cardinals due to their mental high. I was simply asking you to explain how their "passion" evaporated for 1 week (in a must win situation) and all of a sudden reformed the next?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki View Post
    Philadelphia @ Arizona
    Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
    This.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The question is really how Eagles can overcome Steeler's almost impeccable defense.

Can Philadelphia win the super bowl after already winning the world series? Do you know the Flyers is also leading in its division? Triple Crown?!

The same way they did their first matchup? Shut down Pitts pitiful offense. While ours hasn't been stellar, they're in a lot worse shape.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I don't think they won because they were playing on a mental high, but I think they played as well as they played because McNabb was benched the week before. I don't think they put up 48 points on Arizona if McNabb wasn't benched, I don't. I have no explanation for the Washington game. They really just mailed that one in. The Eagles have more collective talent than both the Cards and the Redskins, but they won one and lost the other.

I like how no matter what, a 9 win team will be in the super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    The question is really how Eagles can overcome Steeler's almost impeccable defense.

Can Philadelphia win the super bowl after already winning the world series? Do you know the Flyers is also leading in its division? Triple Crown?!
    And the sixers aren't sucking as much as they were (last time I checked anyways, haha).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Philly winning two championships in one year? Dear Lord I hope not. I think AZ stuns the Eagles, like they've been doing throughout the playoffs. Pittsburg will be too much for the Ravens I hate to admit. Although, I hope the Ravens win though. Either way, AFC takes home the trophy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Philly winning two championships in one year? Dear Lord I hope not. I think AZ stuns the Eagles, like they've been doing throughout the playoffs. Pittsburg will be too much for the Ravens I hate to admit. Although, I hope the Ravens win though. Either way, AFC takes home the trophy.
    I agree with this, both AFC teams are significantly better than the two remaining NFC teams in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast