+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

I just finished watching the first season of this series.. For everyone who likes horror/mystery series, you should really watch it. It is by far one of the most fucked up animes i have seen.... Burning the second season to blu ray now, so hopefully it covers some of the open ended scenes. ^.^

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Higurashi was great. I liked the mix of cute stuffs and horror, and the plot was clever (something rare in anime nowaday).

Animation get much better in the second season (not hard to top season 1 tho), but I didn't like it as much. Certain arcs were dragged (especially Satoko's), and because you already know what is going on, it remove a lot of tension. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but I think it could have been better.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6...na31kx2da9.gif

[edit]
    And the OVA air in 40 days. Can't wait to see what they will do, because there wasnt many thing left open.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I thought I read the OVA might be a prequal? Maybe something with how the events all got started, I dunno. I loved this series too but have to agree 2nd season was very dragged out and was a little disappointed with how straight forward it ended after a lot of build up for certain things (mostly revolving around Hanyuu).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hanyu/Rika stuff werent bad. It's the part I liked the most in second season (surprisingly, because I didnt really like rika in the first one)

that's cause Rika didn't have much char development in the first season, but the second was pretty much centred around her.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Kurorika is the best part of season 2.

I like my loli with deep depressed voice.

Was kinda dissapointing how the final arc seem falls in places waay to perfectly, but I guess after minagoroshi...it had to provide the contrast.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The third season, or really, 5 OAV episodes, will cover three story arcs. One of them at least, will be a vision of the town as it would be without any of the major trauma-dramas the characters had undergone. Parents alive, people not missing, etc. I don't recall what the other two are off-hand, but I do recall reading which somewhere. Ah well.

Unfortunately, the series hasn't really covered a signifigant portion of the games, and it doesn't seem likely that it will. Given the open-ended nature of the series itself, I'm not expecting much resolution on those dangling threads. But I don't know much about the games. I do know that you can pick up a lot of extra information by looking up the TIPS from the game (I've always seen it capitalized like that), which are asides revealed slowly as you do certain things in the games. I've only read through a few, but they're very interesting on the whole.

Just wanted to add in that I love higurashi! Can't wait for the OVA + Umineko.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Loved this show as well. Can't wait to see more.