+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    @.@ Oh God...If this keeps up, there'll be movies of every series now...
    I think the receipts from the DragonBall movie will do a lot to discourage such shenanigans in the future.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

receipts from speed racer did so already.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Video game movies keep getting made, all of them being horrible doesn't seem to stop them from making more.

I must say, I never thought Keanu Reeves would ever be cast as Spike, it made me laugh, and I don't think it was a good kind of laughter.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

I'm actually looking forward to this. I don't hate Keanu like a lot of other people do, I'm not sure if he can pull off spike but I don't think he'll do a worse job than most people anyway.

I gotta say though that the red eye episode probably wasn't the best one that they could've used. Honky Tonk Women + Gateway Shuffle would've been good, or maybe Cowboy Funk.

Not sure, you'd have to do some fiddling with the introduction of characters, but The Real Folk Blues Pts 1 & 2 would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to this. I don't hate Keanu like a lot of other people do, I'm not sure if he can pull off spike but I don't think he'll do a worse job than most people anyway.

I gotta say though that the red eye episode probably wasn't the best one that they could've used. Honky Tonk Women + Gateway Shuffle would've been good, or maybe Cowboy Funk.

Not sure, you'd have to do some fiddling with the introduction of characters, but The Real Folk Blues Pts 1 & 2 would be great.
    I dunno, making a movie based on an episode seems stupid to me, I just wish they would do their own thing and not destroy a perfectly good episode. Though I would LOVE to see Real Folk Blues, but the ending wouldn't be as powerful because you've only stuck with these characters for a couple of hours (and I bet they would fuck up the backstory and connections). I bet the people who watched the series would get it, but no one else would (it still makes me sad).

Cowboy Funk would be good, but I think Pierrot Le Fou would be awesome to see.

Banned.

BG Level

(giving Lucifer the middle finger in Constantine towards the end = fucking epic and Spike-worthy).
    Keanue wasn't even Constantine-worthy in that movie. I don't have high hopes for Spike. Well, I wouldn't for any movie adaptation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

..i haven't actually seen Cowboy Bebop

I should be ashamed, shouldn't I D:

Also, urgh. I dont like Keanu Reeves

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, this is just going to be another one of those terrible adaptations nobody will see in the theaters, but everyone will watch at home. When I saw Keanu Reeves attached, playing the part of Spike, I knew it was destined for failure. He is everything spike is not. Uncharsimatic, One diminsional, monotonous, the list goes on and on.

I don't particularly care that they're making adaptations of all these shows, but when they have "Based off the bestselling anime/manga/whatever attached to it, it makes me cringe just a little bit.

A. Body
    BG Level

I'm more worried about whether the director gets it, rather than whether Reeves gets it.

I can already see the space scenes looking like some cheesy sci-fi movie instead of having the atmosphere of an old western in the anime.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Damn, Reeves can't act to save his life. They really should just drop the project before they completely ruin it for everyone.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Draggy View Post
    ..i haven't actually seen Cowboy Bebop

I should be ashamed, shouldn't I D:

Also, urgh. I dont like Keanu Reeves
    Yes, you should. Go watch it, it's a must-watch anime for just about anyone.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I will just finished watching the backlog of animes i wanted to finish lol was needing more stuff to watch anyway

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Keanue Reeves as Spike.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Should get Joss Whedon to direct this. He pulled off a perfect Sci-fi/Western theme in Firefly. Damn you Fox....damn you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Speaking of Whedon what about Inara from Fire Fly as the hot spanish chick or maybe as Faye?

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Speaking of Whedon what about Inara from Fire Fly as the hot spanish chick or maybe as Faye?
    Inara would be pretty good, and I completely forgot about Joss Whedon. PLEASE GET HIM FOX FUCK.

Good enough for me. Now lets see if his Jujitsu is any good. Gooooooooooo.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Good enough for me. Now lets see if his Jujitsu is any good. Gooooooooooo.
    why does he need jujitsu when he knows kung fu

http://aetles.com/wordpress/wp-conte...ow-kung-fu.jpg

Doesn't Spike use Jujitsu throughout the series? I know he knows a lot of different styles, but he always seems to use Jujitsu for fights.

</dodges the breeze>