Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I thought his style was based off of Bruce Lee which isn't jujitsu.

Bruce Lee is.. Jeet Kune Do (Way of the intercepting fist, or something)? I think I got 'em mixed up, I thought Bruce Lee's style was Jujitsu. My bad lolz.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Jujitsu is mostly all on the ground. And I think Reeves will be ok for this, he was laid back as fuck in a scanner darkly (it was animated tho), i hope it works it all depends on who they get as the director, it either gonna be really good or totally terrible.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

There is no possibility this will be good. Just thinking of the Bebop and the Swordfish as big fake globs of CGI is enough to turn me off, but on top of that there's no way they'll find someone to get Ed right.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The thing that bothers me is the fact that Spike was pretty tall, and Keanu is... well average height and is way too smug, I really hope he can pull his stuff together and get it right. If there is any CGI it better not look cheesy like the new dragonball movie...

If they can make Tom Cruise look tall in movies then I don't think Keanu has to worry. But I doubt they'll take height into account.

Spike didn't strike me as tall, but really, when working with Hollywood's limited actor pool, not every Iron Man is gonna be Robert Downey Jr..

My inner perv hopes that whomever they cast as Faye, if she shows up, actually has some fucking jugs. Sick of the whole so-called sexy women of Hollywood looking like little boys in the whole T&A department.

Much as I hate to say it, though, the series would be better off as three movies. First focusing on Spike and Jet being their bounty hunter selves with a bit of backstory, second getting Faye involved and her dodging debt/collectors with subversive Ed influences from afar through computers/tech, then the final getting 'em all together for whatever showdown with Vicious and the Red Dragon Syndicate.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Should get Joss Whedon to direct this.
    Nooooooooo. Just no.

Cowboy Bebop is not Firefly/Serenity.

Also, how Spike fights is no way a priority. Most of the fight scenes are great because of the music. Same with the shoot-outs, chases, and dogfights.

I wouldn't say that, if they get the fighting wrong it won't matter how good the music is if the scene isn't fun to watch. Some of the most memorable scenes in CB are of Spike fighting (Cowboy Funk etc). They don't need to get a few aspects of this movie right, they need to get all of them right. Otherwise it's gonna fail.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I don't think Keanu would have a problem with fighting scenes, it's all on the choreographers or w/e you call the people that design fights.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My primary concern right now is who they get to play Jet. A big part of the charm of the show, for me, is how the group interacts -- and since it'll be the introduction, they'll probably focus on Spike and Jet. But the last person I remember Keanu Reeves having any decent interpersonal chemistry with (in any way) is Alex Winters. I don't mind him as an actor, I just find a lot of the buddy/friend/love-interest pairings I've seen him in don't have much of a spark, if any at all.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Lawrence Fishburne as Jet lol.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Lawrence Fishburne as Jet lol.
    I saw this coming.

Also lol@^ pic.

INCOMING MICHEAL BAY DIRECTING IT WOOOO BLOBS OF CGI AND EXPLOSIONS NO PLOT OR STORY JUST SAME CHARACTER NAMES LOUD NOISES I LOVE LAMP

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I saw this coming.
    Honestly, I thought of it as a joke cause of their chemistry in the Matrix, but now that I think about it I could see him in the role. He has more in common physically with Jet imo than Keanu does w/ Spike, he has experience with martial arts, and has the acting chops to probably pull the role off.

I don't really think he looks the part, though. I can't think of a mainstream black actor between 45-55 that'd not only look like Jet, but could pull it off. All I can think of are people I know I DON'T want getting it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

dead links

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

my god its going to happen isn't it. fuck.

Yeah, that was my reaction when I saw that picture. It's pretty reassuring in some respects, they would need to do the hair better obviously and his expression would need to change drastically, but everything is looks right for Spike. The shape of his face is perfect.

That is fucking horrible.....